Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Has anyone else using the Pre and the Q1 from BlueAnt experienced EXTREMELY low battery life times on the Q1 itself? I am not able to make it through a 12 hour day with the Q1 on standby without it dying.

I did read one account of a person saying that BlueAnt found problems with the Q1 and the Pre here:

http(colon)//(www).sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189746

This line is what I found interesting:

Blue Ant support is useless as they said call HTC or return the blue ant. They claim the only battery problems they have are with the Pre.
    I have exchanged the Q1 at the Sprint store to make sure I didn't get a bad Q1, but the problem persists and the Sprint staff are just about useless. The support guy I have been emailing with from BlueAnt denies there is any problem.

Any one know of this issue or have any help? I am using the latest firmware for both the Pre and Q1.
    I picked up a Blueant Q1 and had the same experience with short battery life. Day one after charging it all night it shut off about 3pm. The next day it did the same. Day 3 I exchanged it for the Voyager Pro. The battery lasts forever on the Pro. So far it is working great.
    I cant even make it through an entire day. It crapped out on me after about 5 hours yesterday.

I am giving it one more chance today, and if it does the same thing, I will be taking it back and getting the Voyager Pro.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    So obviously it is happening to ALL of us....

Do you think this is something Palm or BlueAnt can fix with firmware? I really like the functionality of the Q1 so I'd like to keep it but the battery life is indeed a deal killer.
    Well, I will be returning the Q1 tomorrow. Different day, same thing.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just a heads up; I got this notice from BlueAnt support today:

The issue is still being worked on as we speak, hoping some sort of update comes out soon but have not had a estimated release day as of yet. If you have any further questions please let me know.
    Hi Everyone,

Found you all in a Google search and joined as I too am experiencing problems with the Q1 and its battery life with the Pre. Something interesting that I noticed is that I can recharge the Q1 and it will show blue (as in charging complete) but if I unplug it from the charger and plug it right back in, it will show red for another 10-20 minutes (as if there were more to charge). After turning blue again, repeat and the same thing happens. Not sure what that means so let me know if you experience that as well; could indicate that what we think is a full charge actually isn't which leads me to think either the Q1 has developed an inadequate battery charging memory, we have a faulty charger or we all have bad Q1s.

Prior to returning the Q1, try to pair it with another phone and see if the battery life improves; that may pinpoint if it is one of the Q1 issues above or a Pre-specific issue. I don't have another active phone to gauge it so if someone else will try it and report back some results, we may get somewhere. I hope it gets worked out soon because I enjoy the Q1's advanced features. But for that kind of money, it needs to last more than a morning...
    Hi there,
    As this issue does not occur with other handsets we believe it is isolated to the Pre. We are working on a fix for it.
    Expect a workaround to be available in the next week.
    Regards
    BlueAnt
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAnt View Post
    Hi there,
    As this issue does not occur with other handsets we believe it is isolated to the Pre. We are working on a fix for it.
    Expect a workaround to be available in the next week.
    Regards
    BlueAnt
    Good news.
    We are still working on this.
    Thank you for your patience.

Regards

BlueAnt
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I had the same problem as you described and have since gone back to using my jawbone. Now i can go through the almost two days making all the calls I need to and on standby! I went to the sprint store and they said I had to contact blueant as it did not appear to be a sprint related problem!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yeah, I loved my Q1 while I had it, but the Plantronics Discovery 955 I bought since will last 3-4 days for my usage without needing to be recharged.

Hey BlueAnt, if you are going to fix the battery life issue I'll glad re-purchase it! Also, can you add mono A2DP support to it as well so we can listen to GPS directions in our ear as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAnt View Post
    We are still working on this.
    Thank you for your patience.

Regards

BlueAnt
    TICK-TOCK, TICK-TOCK - Getting impatient.

To be clear, I returned the first one I had and got another. Same issue. However, it does have the best sound quality of any other of the headsets I tried. I would certainly like to be able to make it through the entire day before recharging.
    Last edited by Likingthepre; 07/27/2009 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Grammar
    i have the same problem, was going nuts, googled it and found this thread.

This is ridiculous and i hope it is resolved asap. I'd expect the headset to last far longer than the handset . . .

hopefully as they work this out they can alsi get Palm to enhance the bluetooth voice activation stuff on the phone . . . pretty please. its 2009 after all
    this is really a problem and I want to love this headset . . .
    Same battery problem. I charge all night long, talk on the phone for 25mins average, standby for 7 hours. Pretty horrible battery life.
    the Q1 battery issue still exists and I'm simply posting again to hope for a response from either Blue Ant rep or from Palm.

I am about to start a thread at Palm on this as well.

I tested the Q1 with my wife's Bberry this weekend and it appeared to function normally, this issue appears to be only with the Pre and how the 2 devices have paired up. It is as if the Q1 churns thru power as if i am always talking on it.

Well, interesting enough, I can get slightly better battery life if the Q1 is paired with a second phone. Specifically my work BB.

I thought this might be important for the lone BlueAnt person that is trolling these boards. I wouldn't expect this to be a very difficult issue to resolve. Can you shed some light as to why it is taking so long? What is the status? Is this something that appears to be resolved via a firmware update....???

Where are we with the solution?

If it isnt resolved soon, I will raise hell with Sprint until they take it back even after the 30 days has expired.
    Thought I would make another post so this important thread doesn't get pushed below the horizon. Still hoping for an update to the firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Likingthepre View Post
    Thought I would make another post so this important thread doesn't get pushed below the horizon. Still hoping for an update to the firmware.
    I Cant say that I have a Beta patch that I'm testing for the q1 because I promised that I would not redistribute the update till its out of beta.

I will say be patient it will be soon! Ive just had this update for 1 day but its promising, It went 10.5 hrs today and still said Battery Medium!

Please be patient I promise BlueAnt is working on this.

Doug
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast