Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    as others have said: tick tock tick tock
    I like my jawbone prime which is working just fine, but I prefer the Q1 as it "fits" better...

I wish we'd hear some updated status.
    Well, the poster a couple posts up alludes to the fact he/she's got an interim release for testing.

Sounds like they are going through validation.
    We have released a new firmware specifically to address interoperability issues between the BlueAnt Q1 and the Palm Pre and the battery issue as reported.

Once you register you can download our Q1 updater tool and the Palm Pre specific firmware.

www dot blueantwireless dot com /support/

See the description in the downloads area for futher details.

Regards

BlueAnt
    Last edited by BlueAnt; 08/26/2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: adding link
    Yippee!!!!!
    Anyone tried the new firmware and get decent battery life afterwards? Thinking about buying one...
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigile View Post
    Yeah, I loved my Q1 while I had it, but the Plantronics Discovery 955 I bought since will last 3-4 days for my usage without needing to be recharged.

Hey BlueAnt, if you are going to fix the battery life issue I'll glad re-purchase it! Also, can you add mono A2DP support to it as well so we can listen to GPS directions in our ear as well?
    If this is what you're looking for then try the Jabra BT8040. Good battery life and A2DP for $14.99 on Amazon. Been using it for about a month now and I love it, especially the $14.99 part.
    I'm glad to hear there is a firmware update for the Q1. I'll be watching this thread to see what people have to say about the update. I already returned my Q1 for the V1 (nearly identical features to the Q1) with a battery that performs at the 3-4 hr talk time and 100 hr standby. If the Q1 can match that, then maybe I'll go back and get it too.
    Battery time was fine with me with the Q1 update.
    Ive been using the beta for a month now and its more than i hoped I recently talked for 3.5 hrs straight w/ no interim charging. I dont use it for more than 10 or so hrs at a time so thats the best I can do as far as standby time But I can say I used it for 11 hrs w/ bat still at medium w/ about 50 mins talk.
    The latest firmware is 8.15 and it DOES NOT Address the problem with the Pre. Battery life is still an issue with this release.

EDIT: Okay the latest MAINSTREAM Version does not. You have to MANUALLY install the PALM PRE version of 8.15. It's in the downloads section. If you use the Firmware updater on automatic, you will get the WRONG version for the PRE.

The version you want for the palm pre is 8.15p - with emphasis on the 'p'.
    Last edited by jayw; 09/02/2009 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAnt View Post
    We have released a new firmware specifically to address interoperability issues between the BlueAnt Q1 and the Palm Pre and the battery issue as reported.

Once you register you can download our Q1 updater tool and the Palm Pre specific firmware.

www dot blueantwireless dot com /support/

See the description in the downloads area for futher details.

Regards

BlueAnt
    Quote Originally Posted by jayw View Post
    The latest firmware is 8.15 and it DOES NOT Address the problem with the Pre. Battery life is still an issue with this release.

EDIT: Okay the latest MAINSTREAM Version does not. You have to MANUALLY install the PALM PRE version of 8.15. It's in the downloads section. If you use the Firmware updater on automatic, you will get the WRONG version for the PRE.

The version you want for the palm pre is 8.15p - with emphasis on the 'p'.

I thought that was understood.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12