Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hi,

Got my phantom skinz put on my screen recently and went and bought a rocket fish case, well I can not for the life of me get the screen side of the rocket fish on with the skin on as well. It's like the skin adds just enough thickness that I am not able to get the tabs around the edge of my phone, I really want both on at the same time.

Anyone else having any issues with this or have any tips for me?

Thanks in advance.
    I did have this problem with my boudyguardz and rocketfish case. I just cut the part or the bodyguardz that the case covered off. that way the screen is still protected, no reason to have both covering.

This was very hard to do. I would suggest having a really sharp exacto and steady hands with much patients. I didn't have any of the above so it doesn't look very well but hey, it works.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I did have this problem with my boudyguardz and rocketfish case. I just cut the part or the bodyguardz that the case covered off. that way the screen is still protected, no reason to have both covering.

This was very hard to do. I would suggest having a really sharp exacto and steady hands with much patients. I didn't have any of the above so it doesn't look very well but hey, it works.
    Yeah this is pretty much what i did. The phantom skinz comes with two screen protectors so I just took the first one off and cut the second one down some with some scissors before peeling it off the backing. I still have it to where the rocketfish overlaps over the screen protector some and it was still a tight fit, but I finally got it.
    how hard is it to put on the bodyguardz skin on the pre?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=oolatin79;1728337]how hard is it to put on the bodyguardz skin on the pre?[/QUOTE

It took me about a half hour. to get everything lined up perfectly and now I hate it. It still has micro bubbles on it and i just don't like the feel. I will be taking it off as soon as i can decide on a new case.
    You cant put on a case with a skin that goes beyond the screen. The cases are made tight. I purchased a skin that just covered the screen and it works good with the Rocketfish. I had tried a body skin before that and no luck. Also the skin got stuck on the phone where the battery is due to the heat and case. I wouldnt use a skin with a case with any phone, I would be worried about the skin melting or sticking to the phone.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Alright well can anyone recommend a screen skin that does NOT go around the corners? I want to only have the screen protected that way I can fit the rocketfish on because I really like the case.

So please tell me, where can i get a screen only skin with NO corner protection?
    Here is the one I got on Ebay.

2x Anti Glare New Screen Protector for Palm PRE - eBay (item 310151432869 end time Jul-25-09 20:35:46 PDT)

Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    Alright well can anyone recommend a screen skin that does NOT go around the corners? I want to only have the screen protected that way I can fit the rocketfish on because I really like the case.

So please tell me, where can i get a screen only skin with NO corner protection?
    That one looks really nice i might get it for sure... How does it feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Here is the one I got on Ebay...snip
    Yeah, how is that screen protector? Do gestures work properly? Any weird discoloration, streaking, bubbles? Does it seem like it will last for a while?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Here is the one I got on Ebay.
    I will consider that one, any other suggestions?
    It is the same as every other screen protector. I had the $4 best skins one and it seems to be the same type material. clear and strong. gestures work no problem. been on a week and no peeling. I got 3 bubbles but thats me . I cant put these things on good. The ones i used on my centro were the quality ones and I always had bubbles. Im sure that there are better quality ones avaliable but I am not too abusive on my phones so the cheap ones always suit me fine.