Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I installed a Motorola blue tooth unit (IFH1000), with a speaker switch, in my '02 Avalanche. This pairs up with the Palm Pre fine and sounds good through the stereo speakers for voice calls.
    I would like to have sprint navigation with turn by turn directions coming through the stereo speakers.
    Did I miss a connection? My directions are still coming through the tiny speaker on the phone, which sounds terrible!
    I think SprintNav does not work in the expected way with bluetooth, unfortunately. It doesn't play through my Plantronics Voyager Pro, although I can do voice calls, obviously. It seems to depend on your bluetooth device, however, because someone else reported that it worked through a stereo connection.

The best solution for navigation for me has been a wired connection to a cassette adapter. If you don't have a cassette player, maybe you can use an FM transmitter or a minijack input?
    I use Sprint Navigation just fine through the Jabra SP700 bluetooth stereo speakerphone. It transmits to the radio via a built in FM modulator. If you are running Pandora or MP3s, it will even lower the volume of the music each time the turn by turn directions need announced.
    I have a Kenwood deck and it will not play the nav unless I am in bluetooth mode (just like pandora and mp3's).
    Calls will come through in all settings.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    So, genEric, are you getting your nav directions and your music transmitted via bluetooth to your stereo speakers? Or is it being transmitted via a FM transmitter like Hoopster?
    Anyway, glad it's working for you. The FM transmitter may be the answer for me.
    I'll wait a while before I do anything to see if somebody else has any ideas.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopster21 View Post
    I use Sprint Navigation just fine through the Jabra SP700 bluetooth stereo speakerphone.
    I am strongly considering buying the SP700. Have you or others found any problems with it?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I use the Jabra SP700 and it works like a charm. To bad I have a cheesy radio in my car. ha ha Still the best hands free system I've seen, both for calls and Sprint Nav.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrmsmith View Post
    I use the Jabra SP700 and it works like a charm. To bad I have a cheesy radio in my car. ha ha Still the best hands free system I've seen, both for calls and Sprint Nav.
    Thanks. Read great reviews. I was about to hit buy on ebay, but read a few reviews that said the Mic isn't wonderful and the caller on the other side had problems hearing them. Anyone here experience such problems?
    i get, sprint navigation and pandora through my speakers using ford sync. its really cool the music will dim down while the navigation turns up.