Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just got the Boxwave hard case for my Pre.
    It's really good. The texture is like the Innocase I used to have for my Centro. It's hard plastic, with a rubberized surface.
    It has 2 halves that fit together nicely while closed, but don't hinder the abilty to open the keyboard at all. (Actually, the bottom edge of the case gives me something to push against to open they keyboard instead of pushing on the front glass.)

Makes the power button and ringer switch a bit harder to get to, but not much.

Overall, I think it works
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Your post would be much more appreciated if you post some pics.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Good Point.
    Here are some pics.

The Boxwave screen protector gives an unpleasant distorting effect, but you can see the case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey, that's not too shabby. No Touchstone charging though, right?
    Nice. How much including shipping?
    Do any of these kinds of cases work with the touchstone? I have the rocketfish one, which I really liked, but didnt.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Hey, that's not too shabby. No Touchstone charging though, right?
    Probably not, but not sure. Wife already wasn't happy about the new phone and new car charger. The extra $50 would've been pushing it.....

Case was $13.95. They claim it usually costs $39.95.....
    Link is here:
    Slim Rubberized Shell Case - Pre Slim Rubberized Case / Palm Pre Slim Rubberized Hard Case
    Looks really good, but I already have the Touchstone. There is no way I will allow it to catch dust lol.

I noticed there's an optional belt clip. I'm curious how well that works. I'm a little concerned the opening in the back might mar or scratch the battery cover of the pre.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Nice pics! Thanks for posting this. Quick question, though - the Boxwave screen protector you mentioned, that was a separate purchase, right? Because from the description of the case on the Boxwave website, it doesn't look like there's usually anything over the screen area. Is that the anti-glare protector or the crystal one and how do you like it? Is it just in the pics that you get that distortion or is that a common occurrence for you in everyday usage? I'm really contemplating getting the Zagg Invisible Shield, and if I get the Boxwave case, I would only need the front shield, which would make Zagg's shield only $2 more than Boxwave's. I'm just really impressed with Zagg's video of the kind of abuse their shields can take. Not that I plan to subject my beloved Pre to that kind of abuse! ;-) Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing how you like Boxwave's screen protector in combination with their case.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Quick question, though - the Boxwave screen protector you mentioned, that was a separate purchase, right.
    Yes. They're separate. That's the crystal. It does not look like the picture when in use. I can see those lines when it's off, though. Only had it a few hrs so far. Otherwise, looks great. Easy to install (way easier than the Zagg; I knew I'd just screw that thing up trying to put it on. )
    The case's front half is open. Hope that helps
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Just got the Boxwave hard case for my Pre.
    It's really good. The texture is like the Innocase I used to have for my Centro. It's hard plastic, with a rubberized surface.
    It has 2 halves that fit together nicely while closed, but don't hinder the abilty to open the keyboard at all. (Actually, the bottom edge of the case gives me something to push against to open they keyboard instead of pushing on the front glass.)

Makes the power button and ringer switch a bit harder to get to, but not much.

Overall, I think it works
    Thanks for the post and pics. Is the case pretty grippy in your hand or is it slippery? In the past I have used egrips which really work well but of course don't offer the protection like this case.

I have had the same Boxwave screen protector on my 755p for over 2 years...still looks great.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    Is the case pretty grippy in your hand or is it slippery?
    More on the slippery side, but less so than the naked phone itself