Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I decided to try the Seidio screen protectors I got for my Pre. Both protectors I received had a small defect in the upper right area - it looked like a small crease in the protector that caused a bubble on installation.

    These things are less rubbery and a harder plastic. You have one and only one try to get it on perfectly, which I almost did. They went on practically bubble free except for the defect I mentioned.

    I tried removing the corner with my fingernail thinking that maybe a piece of dust was caught underneath it. That's when I noted it was actually a crease in the protector that prevented it from adhering to the phone. The crease was in the same place on both protectors.

    Well, I thought I'd live with it for awhile and then found out that the corner I had lifted would now no longer stick. This happened with both protectors.

    So, they are both now in the trash.

    I like the feel of these better than the SmartPhone Experts and they went on almost bubble free, BUT you have one and only one shot to get it right. You screw it up and try to remove it, you've just wasted it.

    I'm not even going to ask for a return or refund because I already threw them in the trash. I'll just chalk it up to lesson learned.

    So, for those of you that get the seidio protectors, let me know if you see a bubble in the top right area of the phone that won't go away. Look at it closer and you'll see it's actually a small crease, at least both of mine were that way, in the same place.

    I still have a Zagg that I haven't tried installing yet, I may get brave enough to do it this weekend but after reading the stories here, I'm not thrilled with the liquid application and possible damage getting the liquid in the holes and also the orange peel effect.

    My phone may just go naked. Looks much better that way.
    Last edited by Trekker; 07/02/2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Changed title
  2. NeoteriX's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #2  
    The liquid damage issue is not worth your concern; especially now that they've moved to the sponge instead of the spray. Either way, I've done installs on two cameras, a Blackberry Curve, Motorola Q9C, and now Palm Pre and never had a liquid problem. If you are paranoid, make sure the battery is out when you install and just leave the unit off and allow it to dry for several hours. If you are really paranoid, place the phone in a ziplock bag with silica gel packets (the things you find in boxes with "do not eat" on them) somewhere warm for several hours. Silica gel is a desiccant and absorbs moisture.

    Generally, electronics are not simply damaged by water; it's water while a current is running through them, resulting in shorts that is the problem. There is a small issue of sediments and residue resulting in shorts, but that is if the water is not clean...

    rerange peel; you don't see/notice it when the screen is on.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    The liquid damage issue is not worth your concern
    The part I was concerned about was getting it in the speaker and microphone holes. Someone reported that their speaker quit working after installing a protector using the liquid. I know, small chance of it happening but with my luck I wouldn't be surprised if it happened to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    Generally, electronics are not simply damaged by water; it's water while a current is running through them, resulting in shorts that is the problem.
    Corrosion is also an issue if you are speaking about electronics in general. If you ever dunk your phone even with the battery out, you may dry it out after a few days and have it work fine but after several months, the internal components can start rusting eventually causing failure. I've see TV's damaged not because of an initial water spill but 6-8 months later when components have had a chance to corrode.

    So far, I liked the quality of the Seidio screen protectors the best but I don't want to spend a whole lot of money just to get that one "lucky" install.
  4. Sambo41's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    #4  
    I received a crystal clear Boxwave screen protector today and had it applied in under 2 minutes. It was an easy, perfect fit. Got it right the first time and it was bubble free. I've used Boxwave screen protectors for my TOMTOM GPS, Palm 755p, Palm TX, Zire71 and have always had good results.

    The feel of the the touchscreen is the same as if there were nothing on it unlike the Zagg Invisishield that had sort of a rubbery feel to it.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker
    I decided to try the Seidio screen protectors I got for my Pre. Both protectors I received had a small defect in the upper right area - it looked like a small crease in the protector that caused a bubble on installation.

    These things are less rubbery and a harder plastic. You have one and only one try to get it on perfectly, which I almost did. They went on practically bubble free except for the defect I mentioned.

    I tried removing the corner with my fingernail thinking that maybe a piece of dust was caught underneath it. That's when I noted it was actually a crease in the protector that prevented it from adhering to the phone. The crease was in the same place on both protectors.

    Well, I thought I'd live with it for awhile and then found out that the corner I had lifted would now no longer stick. This happened with both protectors.

    So, they are both now in the trash.

    I like the feel of these better than the SmartPhone Experts and they went on almost bubble free, BUT you have one and only one shot to get it right. You screw it up and try to remove it, you've just wasted it.

    I'm not even going to ask for a return or refund because I already threw them in the trash. I'll just chalk it up to lesson learned.

    So, for those of you that get the seidio protectors, let me know if you see a bubble in the top right area of the phone that won't go away. Look at it closer and you'll see it's actually a small crease, at least both of mine were that way, in the same place.

    I still have a Zagg that I haven't tried installing yet, I may get brave enough to do it this weekend but after reading the stories here, I'm not thrilled with the liquid application and possible damage getting the liquid in the holes and also the orange peel effect.

    My phone may just go naked. Looks much better that way.

    Hello,

    We are sorry about your experience with our Ultimate Screen Guards! We brought out a few pieces and found no creases on any of the sides. The bents that you saw may very well be damages incurred during transit. Please PM me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
  6. #6  
    besides the crease, was the fit good?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nkegol4girl View Post
    besides the crease, was the fit good?
    Yes, it went on almost completely bubble free compared to the others I used, I was actually surprised. If it had not been for the small defect causing a bubble, I would have been happy with it.

    The fit was fine, it was a smoother, harder plastic, in other words, it wasn't rubbery like the others.

    But, like I said, it was a one shot install, at least for me. When I lifted the corner to try to fix the bubble, it would no longer adhere. I had cleaned the Pre spotless with a microfiber cloth and also washed my hands prior to install.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello,

    We are sorry about your experience with our Ultimate Screen Guards! We brought out a few pieces and found no creases on any of the sides. The bents that you saw may very well be damages incurred during transit. Please PM me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    Hi, thanks for the response, I should have tried taking pictures to show it better but have already taken out the trash. I didn't notice any problem prior to installation, but then I wasn't really looking for it either.

    The crease looked like a small bend or dent in the plastic, about an inch from the top and half an inch from the right and the size of the bubble was about half the size of the round button on the bottom of the Pre.

    When I put the first one on, I assumed I had trapped a piece of dust under it because using a credit card to smooth it out had no effect on it, so I lifted the corner, wiped the pre, used the card to go over the protector. When I tried re-installing, the bubble was still there and the corner that I had lifted would no longer adhere.

    So, I tried the second one, same easy (almost) bubble free installation. I would install by lifting the edge, applying it to the pre and then used a credit card to go over it as I removed it from it's backing. Once again, I noticed a bubble in the same exact area as the first. This time I lifted it and when I held it up to the light could see that it wasn't dust but an actual small crease or "dent" in the shield itself.

    I'll PM you my order info but you really don't have to do anything, although I do appreciate the offer. It's my fault for not saving the bad ones to show you or send back so I'm not expecting you to replace it just on my word. If you do, that's great, if not I completely understand.

    Thanks!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Hi, thanks for the response, I should have tried taking pictures to show it better but have already taken out the trash. I didn't notice any problem prior to installation, but then I wasn't really looking for it either.

    The crease looked like a small bend or dent in the plastic, about an inch from the top and half an inch from the right and the size of the bubble was about half the size of the round button on the bottom of the Pre.

    When I put the first one on, I assumed I had trapped a piece of dust under it because using a credit card to smooth it out had no effect on it, so I lifted the corner, wiped the pre, used the card to go over the protector. When I tried re-installing, the bubble was still there and the corner that I had lifted would no longer adhere.

    So, I tried the second one, same easy (almost) bubble free installation. I would install by lifting the edge, applying it to the pre and then used a credit card to go over it as I removed it from it's backing. Once again, I noticed a bubble in the same exact area as the first. This time I lifted it and when I held it up to the light could see that it wasn't dust but an actual small crease or "dent" in the shield itself.

    I'll PM you my order info but you really don't have to do anything, although I do appreciate the offer. It's my fault for not saving the bad ones to show you or send back so I'm not expecting you to replace it just on my word. If you do, that's great, if not I completely understand.

    Thanks!
    Got your PM. Due to holiday tommorrow, The replacement will be sent out on Monday (7/6) . Again, sorry for the problem. Let us know how it turns out after you receive them.

    Seidio
  10. #10  
    can you post pics once you put on the replacement?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nkegol4girl View Post
    can you post pics once you put on the replacement?
    Sure, no problem.
  12. Ronno971's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #12  
    I just tried to order the new case and the screen protector but got an error on the website after I filled everything out and hit checkout. Oh, well...

    Now I try it again and it says I can't use the promo code for the case because I've already used it. But, it didn't work the first time.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Got your PM. Due to holiday tommorrow, The replacement will be sent out on Monday (7/6) . Again, sorry for the problem. Let us know how it turns out after you receive them.
    Just an FYI....If these were sent out on the 6th, I never received them or got any shipping notification. When I order anything from Seidio, it usually takes 2-3 days to receive.

    Like I said before, i wasn't expecting replacements, just thought I'd let you know I never received any in case you were waiting for feedback on them.
  14. #14  
    Trekker, did you ever receive the replacement?
  15. fraz's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #15  
    Has anyone receveived a follow up after the initial PM? I was told I would hear back end of the day yesterday after the engineers looked into the problem, but nothing as of yet....
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno971 View Post
    I just tried to order the new case and the screen protector but got an error on the website after I filled everything out and hit checkout. Oh, well...

    Now I try it again and it says I can't use the promo code for the case because I've already used it. But, it didn't work the first time.
    What is the promo code? I am looking to order these soon. Thanks.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Trekker, did you ever receive the replacement?
    Yes I did. I haven't tried them yet, I still have a Screenguardz protector on that's holding up pretty well. I may give it a few more weeks before I try Seidio's again.
  18. Me State's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #18  
    If you mess up on the placement or get dust on the underside you can just rinse it off, let it dry and try again. I rinsed mine 5 times and it still worked perfectly. Moved from my first Pre to my replacemnt Pre. Works and looks great. Now if Sedio would only reply to my problem with the Innocase I would be a very happy customer.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Me State
    If you mess up on the placement or get dust on the underside you can just rinse it off, let it dry and try again. I rinsed mine 5 times and it still worked perfectly. Moved from my first Pre to my replacemnt Pre. Works and looks great. Now if Sedio would only reply to my problem with the Innocase I would be a very happy customer.
    Hello,

    Thank you for your post! I seemed to have difficulties looking for the question that you have? Please post or PM me and I will be more than happy to answer them for you!

Posting Permissions