Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok.... I've had my invisible shield on for about two weeks... It works fine. Its hard to notice its on there. but i really just enjoyed using it naked....

Any advise??? Has anyone scratched their screen bad yet??? Is it best to keep it on???

I figure... I'm a sprint premiere customer so worst case scenario i can get a new one in a year if its really broken...
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I, too, miss the "naked-ness" of my Pre... but the cons outweigh the positives..

Pros to removing the IS:
    1. It's slippery
    2. It's shiney
    3. Looks better (if you did a poor job installing the IS)

Cons to removing the IS:
    1. It's slippery enough where sliding the slider is slightly more difficult.
    2. It's not shiney but you won't EVER get a scrape on it.
    3. Looks good now and forever (if you did a good job installing the IS and #2 applies).
    4. Don't have to "baby" the phone against scratches, etc. Can basically forget about it.

IMO.
    I took mine off, no issues.
    Took mine off and put a phantom skinz on. The IS was killing my proximity sensor and messed with my gesture abilities slightly. The IS is second to none for true protection though and I do really baby my phone now. I did a good 5ft drop on asphalt and came back without a scratch, it knocked the battery loose and I had to reseat it though.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hmm.. That's interesting; the InvisibleShield has no impact on my proximity sensor or gestures!

If you remove your screen protector... you want to make sure you don't end up like this guy:
    http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...-now-20090610/
  6.    #6  
    The Pre in that article was intentionally scratched.... Dieter did a scratch test... it wasnt that bad....
    Mine has been naked since launch. No scratches at all.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    My IS definitely protected my phone, I just don't like it. It took me a half hour to get it positioned properly and I just don't like the feel. i think i miss the nakedness also. I've opt'd to buy another screen protector from seidio. I'm going naked again. I may also buy the new click case on precentral.net. it just covers the back and it looks easy to remove.I just wish that you could view the palm logo on the back.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I use my phone as intented, naked and free. If i get a scratch it's just the cost of doing business.
    i removed my BSE as well... felt much better.
    I removed my Best Skins even though I applied it perfectly and wrapped the phone nicely. I removed it due to weird colors reflections when viewing from certain angles especially landscape mode. I wasn't too hot on the orange peel look either. I will miss the slight anti-glare it provided and the added protection but once it went naked, the phone just felt so much better and more responsive (the skin slowed the flicking due to the texture). There is not a scratch even when pocketed or in the pouch.
    Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Treo 700p -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Treo 800w -> Palm Centro ->Palm Pre!
    I actually prefer the BSE skinned feel over the factory slippery'ness. Don't get me wrong, it looks great naked and I would prefer it naked but I like it rough
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I have body guardz and I have no issues with gestures....it feels better (less slip) no as many finger prints. Personally I like it and plan on keeping it on. I also saw the scratch on the demo naked, I have insurance but does that mean I want to replace it???
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    The Pre in that article was intentionally scratched.... Dieter did a scratch test... it wasnt that bad....
    That is a pretty strong accusation when the author of the article said that he didn't intentionally try to damage the phone. I'm not taking sides, but it's not fair to assume someone is lying only based on the evidence that their experience differed from that of another person.

-- unless it was explicitly shown somewhere that he did in fact lie and intentionally damaged his phone. Did I miss that somewhere?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I went with a combination BSE on the back (for better grip) and Phantom Skins on the screen (for scratch protection). The PS is absolutely the clearest skin i've ever used and has no impact on the appearance - no orange peel, feel, or function (had an IS and BSE on the screen and lost some gesture sensitivity).
  16.    #16  
    I finally decided to take mine off....

This phone just feels great naked....
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I didn't like my bestskinsever skin (like invisibleshield) at first but now its growing on me. It doesn't feel as good but if the options are
    1)put in the little black pouch or a case
    or
    2)put naked in my pocket but with nothing else in there
    or
    3)keep the skin on and put in wherever I want

then I will keep the skin on. I lose a little bit in feel but make up for it in the comfort of knowing I can beat it around a little more without detriment.
    I ordered my PhantomSkinz and I can't wait to put it on. I hear it's better than zagg , bse and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    Ok.... I've had my invisible shield on for about two weeks... It works fine. Its hard to notice its on there. but i really just enjoyed using it naked....

Any advise??? Has anyone scratched their screen bad yet??? Is it best to keep it on???

I figure... I'm a sprint premiere customer so worst case scenario i can get a new one in a year if its really broken...
    I am of the same opinion, as a premiere customer why not fully enjoy your phone. Plus in a year windows mobile 7, a new Palm, new iphone, new everything may be out.
    I never bothered with screen protectors with my other phones but it struck me that this thing is more likely to show scratches than my old 755p. I went with the BodyGuardz and I'm pretty happy with it so far. The installer in the mall didn't do such a hot job with one corner of it but he said it's got a lifetime warranty so I might just have him replace the bottom piece or touch it up next time I'm there (it's in front of the Apple store, talk about location, location, location!).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast