1.    #1  
    I just got my 15 pack of ScreenGuardz screen protectors. 15 of them for $12.49 total, including shipping.

These things are IDENTICAL to the 3 pack of Smartphone Experts screen protectors as far as I can tell. I got 3 of those for $20.90 including shipping. The first batch had the microphone hole cut wrong so they are shipping me new ones. In the meantime I cut a hole in the correct place and used it for awhile.

Lots of bubbles at first but after a few nights on the Touchstone, most disappeared.

So to summarize:

15 pack of ScreenGuardz for $12.49
    3 pack of SmartPhone Experts for $20.90

It's a no-brainer for what appears to be identical screen protectors.

I also received Seidio's screen protectors but I haven't even opened them yet.
    Do they cover the edges or only the flat front face? The reason I ask is I want to use them with either the rocketfish or innocase protectors so it can't go around to the side edges.

Thanks
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Do they cover the edges or only the flat front face?
    They pretty much cover the entire flat front of the face without going over the edges at all.
    sweet. are they tacky feeling? I heard that was a gripe with some of the competition out there.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    sweet. are they tacky feeling? I heard that was a gripe with some of the competition out there.
    They aren't hard plastic, they do have sort of a rubbery feel. I have no problem with the touch screen or gestures, they seem fine.

I considered using the Pre without any type of screen protector. When I cleaned it with a microfiber cloth prior to installing the protector, it looked great.

I may keep this one on for a week or so and then try Seidio's.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I may keep this one on for a week or so and then try Seidio's.
    Well, when I got up this morning, the "Touchstone" trick didn't seem to work on these, I still had a lot of bubbles. When I installed the Smartphone Experts protectors, most of the bubbles disappeared after a night on the Touchstone.

I decided to try the Seidio protectors that I got, both had a small defect that caused a bubble that wouldn't go away and I ended up trashing both of them. I posted a review about them here.

I may do without protectors for awhile. Phone looks better without.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Well, when I got up this morning, the "Touchstone" trick didn't seem to work on these, I still had a lot of bubbles.
    Another update....

After wasting 2 of Seidio's screen protectors, I decided to try another ScreenGuardz protector (since I got a 15 pack.)

The first one I installed had a lot of bubbles even after a night on the Touchstone where the SmartPhone Experts did not. The only difference was when I installed the SE protectors, I spent some time getting as many bubbles out as I could and then after a night on the Touchstone, most were gone.

The first ScreenGuardz protector I installed, I didn't really try to get most of the bubbles out after install, I just placed it on the Touchstone and hoped it would do the trick, which it did not.

So, the second ScreenGuardz protector I installed, I spent time trying to get out those bubbles that I could. Several hours on the Touchstone and it's mostly bubble free.

Moral of the story: when installing the SmartPhone Experts or Screenguardz screen protectors, spend some time getting as many bubbles out as possible and then set on the Touchstone overnight, this method seems to have worked the best for me.
    Trekker...In your opinion...are the cling-type a better option than their BodyGuardz product? (though made by same company, guessing it's thicker or more durable, but requires the liquid use for installation, similar to window tint on cars)...

Because of the price difference and my TouchStone cover not really needing a "cover"...combined with the fact that ScreenGuardz always worked great for me, with the 800w, I'm seriously considering them.

Before my final decision, I wanted your perspective.
    *(Also a serious option, since I've got the "Oreo-effect" going on and am on the 2nd handset...but HOPEFUL of a resolution to come???...but don't want to add screen damage to my concerns!!!)

Thanks for reading my ramblings...and giving your perspective!!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdisciple View Post
    Trekker...In your opinion...are the cling-type a better option than their BodyGuardz product? (though made by same company, guessing it's thicker or more durable, but requires the liquid use for installation, similar to window tint on cars)...
    I think ScreenGuardz and BodyGuardz are made by 2 different companies. I prefer the type that doesn't use liquid for install. I tried one when I had my Centro and ended up throwing it away because I couldn't get it installed correctly, too much hassle.

I haven't tried the liquid install type on my Pre yet, I have one made by Zagg but decided to give the stick on type first. So far the ScreenGuardz is holding up well so I'll probably keep it on for awhile.
    i just ordered these and noticed two things. 1, they ship from NLU products in FL, the same people that make "bodyguardz" (same address and everything). 2, they are not cut properly to follow the face of the pre. I emailed customer support and they are going to send me another set. I told them to check their measurements first because the top corners were uneven and the sides were straight not "convex" to follow the design of the pre. They look like they were cut by hand with scissors.
    Finally got my innocase so I could remove my bodyguardz skin and try these Skinguardz. OMG, these are ****e. They are really thin and tacky feeling, nothing like their bigger brother from bodyguardz. WTH. They are sending me a replacement pack because the cut wasn't great on my first batch but I might send them all back. I will give it 24 hours on the TS but the face of my pre has a bad case of acne bubbles.

Any one know if these can be applied wet?
    Update, these are usable if you take them off the paper back and run them under hot water then shake of the excess. I used the rubber squeegee I got from my ghostarmor skin and the screenguardz went on much better (took 4 or 5 tries).