1.    #1  
    Is it possible, with the Pre, to connect two bluetooth devices at the same time - say for example I have a bluetooth stereo receiver hooked up to a set of speakers could I also connect the phone to my blue-ant headset and receive calls (obviously pausing the music at the same time)

Palm's online support seems to suggest this is possible, their instructions vaguely mention switching between multiple bluetooth devices.

Anybody have any luck with this or the equipment necessary to try it.
    yea its possible because the audio is using the A2DP bluetooth service and the headset is using the bluetooth headset profile...

i've done this in my car...my head unit connects to my Pre via bluetooth for audio (streams pandora nicely) and then my bluetooth headset (discovery 925) pairs with my phones at the same time...

i can receive a call, it'll pause the music while im on the call and then after the call music will resume

3.    #3  
    awesome! That is almost exactly what I wanted to do . . . thank you for the quick response!
    Wonder if the pre will allow a bluetooth keyboard and mouse at the same time
    I can't get this to work with my setup. I've got a Plantronics 520 headset, and then I just got the Blackberry Stereo Gateway. They both work fine individually. But if I'm playing music through the A2DP (Gateway), it doesn't switch to the HFP (headset) for a phone call ... rings on the Pre but doesn't connect unless I hit the call control on the headset (which takes a few seconds to connect). Then once the call is over, the music starts again, but just on the Pre ... doesn't re-connect to the A2DP device.

Does this happen automatically for anyone else? I'm assuming you can't actually have both "connected" at once ... connecting one seems to automatically disconnect the other. Are there other Bluetooth devices which would automatically re-connect? Seems like the Pre should be smart enough to manage this.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I can't get this to work with my setup. I've got a Plantronics 520 headset, and then I just got the Blackberry Stereo Gateway. They both work fine individually. But if I'm playing music through the A2DP (Gateway), it doesn't switch to the HFP (headset) for a phone call ... rings on the Pre but doesn't connect unless I hit the call control on the headset (which takes a few seconds to connect). Then once the call is over, the music starts again, but just on the Pre ... doesn't re-connect to the A2DP device.

Does this happen automatically for anyone else? I'm assuming you can't actually have both "connected" at once ... connecting one seems to automatically disconnect the other. Are there other Bluetooth devices which would automatically re-connect? Seems like the Pre should be smart enough to manage this.
    This is EXACTLY what is happening to me also. I am using a Jawbone2 headset and an Insignia Bluetooth ipod adapter (NS-BT300F). I can pick up the call by hitting the talk button on my headset but when the call ends, I have to go into the bluetooth menu and manually redirect the Bluetooth connection to the Insignia.

There must be a way for this to work automatically....no? Anyone? Help!!!! I'm so close to getting my car set-up to work perfectly.....and now this!!!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I've been trying to get this to work also. I have a BMW 335 which I assume uses HFP for pairing with the phone. I also got a Blackberry music gateway attached the the car stereo aux jack which uses a2dp. I have paired to both with no problem. However, when I select the music gateway as the active device/profile on the phone, after about 10 seconds it drops the music and reconnects with the phone. I have to disable bluetooth on the car to get the music to stream to the music gateway, otherwise it drops.

I definitely cannot have both connected at the same time. In fact according to palm, this is not possible. I have heard others say they have achieved connecting both simultaneously, but as I said, accourding to Palm that's not in the specs.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I have given up on this. I have moved to the Jabra Cruiser speakerphone with FM transmission for listening to internet radio and podcasts. For my music collection, I leave my ipod in the car connected to the ipod dock. I'm actually quite happy with the system now. The Jabra Cruiser does everything pretty much automatically.

I've posted a review of the Jabra Cruiser in another thread here on PreCentral entitled "Jabra Cruiser (SP715) vs. Motorola T505".

Just thought I'd chime in here for those who may have been following this thread. Maybe...some day....the Pre or the Pre II will be able to connect to two bluetooth devices at once and manage them well. For now, the speakerphone solution seems to work great.