1.    #1  
    Sometimes when I get a call the phone app doesn't switch from internal speaker to bluetooth. My Jawbone shows it's connected at the top right, but it doesn't connect until I hit the menu dropdown and select Bluetooth.

Other times, it works fine.

The phone seems to cycle through earpiece, wired headset and bluetooth and sometimes doesn't get it right. At this stage it's only an annoyance as I tell callers to hold on a moment.

If I could remember to answer by touching the bluetooth instead of the phone, it would probably solve my issue, but I don't answer until I look at the phone to see who's calling.

Anyone else with this issue? A solution?
    I have noticed that if I answer the phone with the on-screen button, even with a bluetooth headset in, the call goes to the earpiece on the phone. I think this may have been intentional. If I answer with my headset, it goes to the headset.

Palm may have thought that if you wanted to use your headset you would just answer with your headset. But I agree, I'd at least like this to be optional. I mean, if I have a headset linked up, I want it to always go there.

Of course, if Palm were to change this, then you would get people who say, "the call always goes to my headset, even though I thought I turned it off and put it in my pocket." Can't win. So I'm retraining myself to answer with the headset.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I have noticed that if I answer the phone with the on-screen button, even with a bluetooth headset in, the call goes to the earpiece on the phone. I think this may have been intentional. If I answer with my headset, it goes to the headset.

Palm may have thought that if you wanted to use your headset you would just answer with your headset. But I agree, I'd at least like this to be optional. I mean, if I have a headset linked up, I want it to always go there.

Of course, if Palm were to change this, then you would get people who say, "the call always goes to my headset, even though I thought I turned it off and put it in my pocket." Can't win. So I'm retraining myself to answer with the headset.
    You're probably right, but it's not a consistent thing. Sometimes it goes straight to my bluetooth, other times it's looking for a wired headset that's not attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^

It took me a while to figure this out. Then it took me a while to retrain myself to answer with the headset and not the phone. I've not had a problem since.

On a side note, I prefer this way now. Just before I got my Pre, they blocked Pandora at my job and started cutting off the people using proxies. I now stream Pandora through my speakers, and answer calls with the phone so that my calls don't come through the speakers for the world to hear. Personally, I think they need more bluetooth configuration options, but this'll do for now.
    Moved thread to Bluetooth Forum because the thread is to:
    Discuss Bluetooth accessories and the Palm Pre

- Craig
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've been noticing the same thing.