Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    if you were following my invisibleshield thread, well they took the return, and the shield was pretty much destroyed.

the rocket fish hardcase is pretty sweet.. fits nice feels protective.
    anyone else have a comparitive review with something else?

also how does touchtone work with cases?
    Agree. I bought the Gun Metal Rocketfish case. I really like it. Looks great on the phone, adds no extra weight. It's perfect for me. All I need to do is pick up a screen protector and I will be completely covered from any damage. I picked up a 4 pack on ebay for 6 bucks including shipping. it's a super glossy, no orange peel effect case. It looks like it's going to fit perfectly with this rocketfish case.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Agree. I bought the Gun Metal Rocketfish case. I really like it. Looks great on the phone, adds no extra weight. It's perfect for me. All I need to do is pick up a screen protector and I will be completely covered from any damage. I picked up a 4 pack on ebay for 6 bucks including shipping. it's a super glossy, no orange peel effect case. It looks like it's going to fit perfectly with this rocketfish case.
    can you direct me to that protector?
    BTW, i got the same color, looks pretty nice.. adds a lil more bulk to the phone to so i am no longer trying not to drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    also how does touchtone work with cases?
    Somewhat.

It has trouble fitting around it (the touchstone matte back plate is a little thicker then the normal back plate) But you can force it and it will work.

It can charge through the case, but its glossy back / extra distance from the magnets makes it slide off the touchstone really easily.
  5.    #5  
    after a few mins with this case on i am lil worried.. trying to take it off i feel like i am going rip the slider apart =(
    Is it worth it to just put the cover on the front?

If the back gets messed up I can get another back, but I use Touchstone on a wall so I need the strong magnetic grip.
    Yo, dude.... Yeah, I'll link you to the protectors but first...

About the case. It's tricky at first to take off because, yes. It feels like your going to rip your phone apart. but there's a safe way to take it off.

Do the following...

So you have you're case on, right. Open the slider... Now, take off the front section of the case first.

1. turn the phone around so the mirror is facing you. On the top you will see a little piece of the case. Like a clasp or something... it's holding the case onto your phone... pry that up with your fingernail... that will pop the top rocketfish case clasp off from your phone...

2. on the left side of the mirror, there's another clasp from the rocketfish case. See it? With your fingernail, pry that off the phone.

The entire top part of your case should now be separated from your phone.

You should be able to take it off now with ease...

the back part is the same way... on the front of the phone, below the keys... right below the space bar, you'll see another clasp. get your fingernail and pry it back. Do it to those clasps to the right and left of the keys.

You should be able to pull it the rest of the way off...

Tell me how this works out for you and if it helped any!

I ordered these!
    4x Clear New Screen Protector for Palm PRE - eBay (item 260436001988 end time Jul-25-09 20:36:43 PDT)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Anyone care to show any pictures of their phone with the rocketfish case on?
    Pics from best buy... These are pretty accurate.

Other Image Views

Other Image Views
    I would not suggest putting only the front on. That would just make your phone look lopsided. You Really should put both the front and back on for the flush fit.

And i did have some reservations about poping the protector off as well, with all the build quality issues people have reported - i was afraid i'd break the thing in 2. But it was not really all that bad. Just be careful and it pops right off.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I just bought my Rocket Fish case. It has helped the wobble in the screen. Makes the whole device feel more solid.
    Im not crazy about:
    *the "drag" I feel when I open up the keyboard
    *Smoothness, makes it easier to slip from the hand
    *Doesnt feel safe in its holster. It pops out very easily.

I still like it though.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I just returned my rocketfish case. I bought it cause it was the only shell/case they had, but I noticed the same issues.

*made sliding the screen up harder sometimes
    *made using the top rows of keys harder
    *flew out of my holster when I bumped it

Overall it was a nice attempt. It protects the pre and probably all the cases will make the top rows of keys harder to use because of the design of the pre. But spending $25 on a holster that wasn't safe was the deal breaker.

Going to order another case online for $5-10 until someone makes a nice silicone case.
    i bought mine yesterday i must say it is a good case but there are major flaws with putting it on

1. it is such a hassle and a half to put the case on with a screen protector on it (i have the invisible shield on my baby)
    2. even if you manage to put it on it hard to get all the flanges of the case on (took me almost an hour to get it on)
    3. when it's on the charger, it is a huge scare to slide the phone up cause you feel it move up so slow and i feel like if you push to hard i'm gonna push the screen away from my pre

i'm actually looking for a mirrored case with the protector on it like the iphones have cause i think that's hot....i've seen a few but only the screen portion is covered along with the back and i'm looking for a full mirrored case that won't inhibit the gesture like the one i saw here's the link:

fommy . com / view-full-page.asp?divid=Palm & model= Palm+Pre&cat=Cases&skuno=83848

and a quick question.....does anyone know if you need the matte back for the touchstone to charge the pre??
    I am wondering how the phone is as far as heating up. i've been reading around and heard some people have not had any problems with the phone heating up until they put on a hard case...
    Any issues with that?
  15.    #15  
    edit on this post.. i returned this case.. it fit nice and looked nice however i just didn't like it. the phone felt bulky, hot and slow, with this case on. it became hard to open the slider as well.

i am waiting for a better case.
    Quote Originally Posted by zexhexinferno View Post
    i bought mine yesterday i must say it is a good case but there are major flaws with putting it on

1. it is such a hassle and a half to put the case on with a screen protector on it (i have the invisible shield on my baby)
    2. even if you manage to put it on it hard to get all the flanges of the case on (took me almost an hour to get it on)
    3. when it's on the charger, it is a huge scare to slide the phone up cause you feel it move up so slow and i feel like if you push to hard i'm gonna push the screen away from my pre

i'm actually looking for a mirrored case with the protector on it like the iphones have cause i think that's hot....i've seen a few but only the screen portion is covered along with the back and i'm looking for a full mirrored case that won't inhibit the gesture like the one i saw here's the link:

fommy . com / view-full-page.asp?divid=Palm & model= Palm+Pre&cat=Cases&skuno=83848

and a quick question.....does anyone know if you need the matte back for the touchstone to charge the pre??
    yes you do need the matte back
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The biggest drawback to this case for me is how it restricts access to the top row of keys on the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    Anyone care to show any pictures of their phone with the rocketfish case on?
    These are of my "work Pre" with the Gun Metal case on. I bought it this weekend because my work phone took a dive off my desk at work and took a nice chip out of the case around the power switch. The hard case covers up the wound perfectly!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcigary/3717417984/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcigary/3716605281/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcigary/3717418956/
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Fugly!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I spent all my money on the phone and the Sprint plan, so I didn't get the Rocketfish case. After reading some reviews, it looks good, but not perfect. I ultimately went for a GTMax (who???) case from Amazon that's black with a rubberized finish on it.

It's nice and hard with a good weight to it, so it should protect the phone well. The only real indications of its "cheapness" are sharp edges around the two pieces, the pieces don't fit together as closely as the Rocketfish design (probably a good thing, because I have no issue with slider rub), and the fact that its white plastic "painted" black, but on the outside only, so you see the white along the edges.

It fits well, was fairly easy to snap on, and give my phone a good grip. It'll give good protection till a better case is available.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast