Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    This is just a rant but dammit i want to be able to secure my phone in my car without:

A: leaving in in my leather side case (can't see it or use it)
    B: Leaving it on my seat ( i corner agressively!)
    C: Putting it on hard plastic in one of the many compartment (again hard cornering and scrathces)
    D: Buying a generic holder/windshield mount (i hate anything windshield related)

Is proclip waiting to see the popularity of the pre before making these? i dont get why one isn't out already.

And yes i could get the centro mount but if im paying $30 for the mount i want it made specific for the Pre.

/rant
    If you're going to pay extra for a ProClip mount, how about one with a built-in Touchstone charger?

Otherwise, there was a thread (link below) about a guy who used a ProClip base and just stuck a Touchstone to the base (without a separate phone-specific holder) with some really sticky (3M?) double-stick tape... :-)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...its-alive.html
    Last edited by lemketron; 06/30/2009 at 01:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I think this is the post...
    .../palm-pre-accessories/184520-my-touchstone-mounting-charger-car-solution-its-alive.html

I can't post links yet, so I left off the forums.precentral.net part....
    Well...now it's in their list of devices, but no device-specific holders yet. We're close!

ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders
    Also...from the UK distributor:

Buy a Brodit Palm Pre Car Holder | UK
  6. tbo
    If you took that and mounted it on the proclip mount by the bottom hole and cut a notch in the top you could have a touchstone mounted flush with it. Just take some hard plastic or something with a hole in it so the mounting bolts go through the pre holder, plastic piece to hold the touchstone and then to the mount. Make any sense?..