1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is old news, but a site just anounced a new Seidio battery. Seidios site lists it and claims it will have twice the battery life of the factory battery but makes no mention of a release date or price. I posted a link to Seidio's page on it at the bottom.

Palm Pre extended battery announced
    By: pdaBlast! Staff
    June 29, 2009

Seidio has taken the wraps off an extended battery for the Palm Pre. It will be available on July 15, 2009.

Developed exclusively for the Palm Pre, this Seidio 1350mAh battery will make a great replacement or spare.

This battery will fit in the existing space so you will not need a replacement door and will pack more power than the original battery so it will give you more talk and texting time.

Keep one in a charger at home and one at the office.

Copyright 2002 by Small Computing Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy

Innocell Extended Life Battery
    Does it work with Touchstone?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unfrostedpoptart View Post
    Does it work with Touchstone?
    There is no mention that the Seidio battery door will have the Touchstone magnets/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCIArr View Post
    There is no mention that the Seidio battery door will have the Touchstone magnets/etc.
    Uh... the touchstone function (charging) is enabled by the rear cover, not the battery. The battery is just that - an energy storage device, nothing more. The rear rubberized touchstone cover that is sold contains the coils that connect with two small metallic prongs at the back of the phone (If you take off your case you'll see this). That is what really allows the charging of the phone.

The 1350 mAh battery BTW is available now. And it's the same exact size as the stock OEM battery. No new cover needed. A new larger extended life (2400 mAh?) battery is also in the works.

So when the new battery becomes available, they will have to release a modified rear cover to not only cover the larger battery, but also to allow continued use of the touchstone.
    I can't wait for the 2400 version!! Would like extra bulk to my too-small pre..

The pre seems a bit small for me right now
    No way the 1350 mAh is the battery that will give double the runtime. That would have to be 2000+ mAh. I'm also cool with a new back cover, assuming it is touchstone compatible and a little "grippy".
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    No way the 1350 mAh is the battery that will give double the runtime. That would have to be 2000+ mAh. I'm also cool with a new back cover, assuming it is touchstone compatible and a little "grippy".
    Possible that the article got the numbers mixed up.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Uh... the touchstone function (charging) is enabled by the rear cover, not the battery. The battery is just that - an energy storage device, nothing more. The rear rubberized touchstone cover that is sold contains the coils that connect with two small metallic prongs at the back of the phone (If you take off your case you'll see this). That is what really allows the charging of the phone.

The 1350 mAh battery BTW is available now. And it's the same exact size as the stock OEM battery. No new cover needed. A new larger extended life (2400 mAh?) battery is also in the works.

So when the new battery becomes available, they will have to release a modified rear cover to not only cover the larger battery, but also to allow continued use of the touchstone.
    I said battery door, not battery.

By the way, we'll have to wait for the Seidio person(s) that responds every so often in these forums about Touchstone compatibility. Last I remember reading from them, the decision for such a battery cover was unknown.

There is another thread around here for a battery cover with a sliding macro lens. It would be awesome to have this extended battery with the macro! Too bad they'll need much more time to get such a thing in production.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    You should really read the other thread about this battery. It seems the connectors on the Seidio battery are set further in than those on the OEM battery. This causes the dreaded shut off when the slider is closed.

See post #129 HERE to see a photo.
    Last edited by fwinst; 06/30/2009 at 05:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    yet another "Forum Search" failure...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    yet another "Forum Search" failure...
    Thank you for your contribution to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    You should really read the other thread about this battery. It seems the connectors on the Seidio battery are set further in than those on the OEM battery. This causes the dreaded shut off when the slider is closed.

See post #129 HERE to see a photo.
    The battery in this thread has not been released yet, so nobody has tried it yet. I have seen the thread about the other seidio battery.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    Thank you for your contribution to the thread.

The battery in this thread has not been released yet, so nobody has tried it yet. I have seen the thread about the other seidio battery.
    I'm glad I contributed to this thread. Apparently my contribution wasn't heeded.... so....

According to a search of the forums (and [shockingly] a glance at the thread topics [I'm crazy, I know]) the 1350 is out. Oddly enough, according to the Seidio website (I'm going crazy searching for things!!) it's already shipping. The 1350 is the battery your quote is talking about.

Now if you are talking about the other battery that is still in development, then yes, it's not out. That is the one which should double the capacity of the current battery. If this is battery in which you speak, you probably should have found a better article or just not referenced one at all since your article was talking about the 1350 instead of the larger capacity battery; the lack of clarity has confused several people here.

Oh yeah, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1717128
    Ummm... yeah...

...awkward.

Two things I'm hoping for Seidio's upcoming double capacity battery:
    1) Still compatible with the Touchstone.
    2) Doesn't cause resets like the 1350.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    I'm glad I contributed to this thread. Apparently my contribution wasn't heeded.... so....

According to a search of the forums (and [shockingly] a glance at the thread topics [I'm crazy, I know]) the 1350 is out. Oddly enough, according to the Seidio website (I'm going crazy searching for things!!) it's already shipping. The 1350 is the battery your quote is talking about.

Now if you are talking about the other battery that is still in development, then yes, it's not out. That is the one which should double the capacity of the current battery. If this is battery in which you speak, you probably should have found a better article or just not referenced one at all since your article was talking about the 1350 instead of the larger capacity battery; the lack of clarity has confused several people here.

Oh yeah, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1717128
    So are you saying there is one thread with two posts in it where it is mentioned? I'm confused as to why you are having a e-tantrum. There was a news release today about the new unreleased battery so I posted it. I was not posting about the much discussed old battery.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30 View Post
    Ummm... yeah...

...awkward.

Two things I'm hoping for Seidio's upcoming double capacity battery:
    1) Still compatible with the Touchstone.
    2) Doesn't cause resets like the 1350.

I would agree...let's hope they are forward thinking enough to figure that out.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    the 1350 extended battery seems to be a great idea but the first one i ordered didn't work all that great so i had to send it back i think i got a bad battery.I'm goin to order a new one later after the new cases come out.
    Might be a good product but they need to hire me to write their copy...

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!