Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i got one at bestbuy last night for 33$ and the thing is nice in concept, but you need to be a surgeon to get on it 100% right. i got it on pretty good w/o bubbles but they leave you less then a millimeter on both front and back from not getting the sleve caught in the slider. i ended up just ripping it off. any chance i get a refund from bestbuy?
    And they call themselves, "BestBuy"? They should be called "BestRipoff". $33!!! that's crazy. I got mine directly from Zagg, payed $12 (plus a couple of bucks for shipping).
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    you can get a refund. I bought one from there as well but didn't like the feel of it plus the bad installation of it by the bestbuy rep. Just take it with everything you got with it and they will take it back.
    Anyone wanting a skin, go to bestskinsever.com, I got front and back for $4.99, on sale from $7.99. They claim they have the same material as zagg, and I have no complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    i got one at bestbuy last night for 33$ and the thing is nice in concept, but you need to be a surgeon to get on it 100% right. i got it on pretty good w/o bubbles but they leave you less then a millimeter on both front and back from not getting the sleve caught in the slider. i ended up just ripping it off. any chance i get a refund from bestbuy?
    That's crazy. i got a 2-pack online for $13 shipped. Yes, i'd bet BB will refund you.
  6.    #6  
    im gonna go try and return it.
    @oasis9389
    You should get a refund as best buy will have a 2 weeks refund policy.

when you ripped it off, did it came easily. Did it leave any marks or paint gone from the surface? What about the screen!!
  8.    #8  
    um to tell you the truth it actually cleaned the phone when i ripped it off.. phone was spotless. it had a lil sticky feel to it, but i just dampened the cloth and rubbed it down and it was as good as new.
    I would of kept it on if the skin was not getting caught in the track
    Have it installed by a professional. It's a pain in the *** to get perfect on your own.
  10.    #10  
    someone is a professional phone cover installer? is that a course in college?
    Sorry to hear about that. Make enough noise and they'll give you your money back. If anything, bypass the worker bees and go directly to the store mgr.

Even knowing how much cheaper they were online, I was soooo close to dropping the coin for this at BBuy last wkd (something about it having NOW NOW NOW!), but I held off.
    Last edited by algee650; 06/30/2009 at 12:23 PM.
    someone is a professional phone cover installer? is that a course in college?
    Ya, new field.
    I got mine from Zagg for around $12 plus shipping. But you're right... very tight squeeze to get it to fit exactly right. I ended up taking the scissors to some parts that just wouldn't fit right.

At first I was pretty disappointed in the result and was going to rip it off too. But I got interrupted and walked away from the phone for a bit. Came back a couple hours later and I was impressed with the results. Once it dried and the wrap had a chance to fully conform to the phone, it was perfect.

Plus, all the talk from others about the Pre picking up greasy fingerprints -- I don't have that issue with the shield on.
    ~Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    And they call themselves, "BestBuy"? They should be called "BestRipoff". $33!!! that's crazy. I got mine directly from Zagg, payed (sic) $12 (plus a couple of bucks for shipping).
    It's not a fair comparison since you paid $12 thanks to their 50% coupon, which is no longer available.
    Even the guys at the kiosks don't get it 100% perfect. I noticed once they put it on they still used a razor to trim some of the edges. Still looks great so I'm not complaining.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    It's not a fair comparison since you paid $12 thanks to their 50% coupon, which is no longer available.
    12 x 2 = 24 so it is still $9 cheaper than the $33 that he paid.
    $33 is outrageous. MSRP is $24.99 and can be had for half that w/ coupons that are available.

Check my thread in the accessories forum (with pics ). I had similar issues with small amounts of the shield hanging over the slider edges. I was able to trim them with NO problems. You should NOT have to do that but it can be done. I'm going to request a new shield w/ better tolerances hopefully.

As for bubbles on the screen that is 100% user error. When installed correctly there should be no bubbles. I agree it is difficult, especially the first time. Be patient an get the face laid out flat first, squeegee out the bubbles before moving on the the corners.

No bubbles: Installed LAST NIGHT
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    how does the cover feel on the touchscreen itself? how responsive is it to touch? and the gesture area? I am thinking of getting one but am doubtful how it will respond by having a cover over the touch areas.... Thanks in advance
  19.    #19  
    i agree 33$ is outraegous.. but you are paying for the name brand of bestbuy. i just walked into the store, with a sheild i cut with scissors and ripped in half and they took it back.

then i got the rocketfish hardcase for 20$ which i plan on keeping the package and receipt to return for a new one in a month or so.

you can't do that with joe schmoe on ebay.
  20.    #20  
    rocketfish hardcase is pretty sweet btw.. i have bought a few cases and shields all of which i didn't like .. this is the first one staying on more then 30 mins.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast