1.    #1  
    BRAND NEW SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR PALM PRE - SPRINT OEM (LOOKS THE SAME AS ONES THAT ARE ON EBAY - SPRINT LOGO LIGHTS YELLOW) CAN BE PURCHASED ONLY AT SPRINT STORES, COST 31.99 JUST GOT MINE YESTERDAY AFTER BUYING THREE OTHERS THAT WOULD WORK SPORADICALLY - THIS IS NEW DESIGN MODEL AND HAS TAG ON IT. NO I DO NOT WORK FOR SPRINT, JUST A FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER OF PRE
    thanks for the heads-up but please lay off the caps.

also my ebay bought sprint car charger works beautifully with my touchstone in the car. It also worked fine with the pre itself. Not sure what model of sprint charger it is but its the coiled one that lights up yellow.
    yeah, retail is 31.99, but i have them for sale here in the marketplace for 10 bucks

edit to add: i can confirm that not all sprint chargers work the same.. palm pre is very picky with the charges and some sprint car chargers do not produce enough juice
    Monoprice's car charger adapters and cables work just fine.
    which monoprice products?
    The Motorola ones on ebay for under $10 work just fine... Also, they sell Sprint Originals on ebay for under $10 shipped.

Paying $32 for a car charger is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Monoprice's car charger adapters and cables work just fine.
    +1!

Take a gander in the Pre Accessories forum and you will find links to the specific monoprice products we speak of.
    i got my car charger and a nice leather case for free with no charge. my sprint store said it was included with the Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneman29 View Post
    i got my car charger and a nice leather case for free with no charge. my sprint store said it was included with the Palm Pre
    Surely you jest!
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneman29 View Post
    That's... a bit odd. That's all they were pushing on release day.
    I got a generic charger for $2.81 on ebay and it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin1497 View Post
    which monoprice products?
    On the monoprice website search for 3523 then 5457 I think it's around $2+S&H
    The car charger I got from Sprint is a pain. Sporadically works and I really have to finagle it to get the plug all the way in.
    My advice is to go with the Palm car charger.

1) It's beautiful, as are most Palm products.
    2) It's powerful. It charges fast and works with Touchstone.
    4) You have a fully-Pre-compatible MicroUSB cable wherever you go, without having to carry a spare.
    I use the yellow sprint charger that I purchased off ebay, no issues with it. Im still waiting to see how people are fairing with the touchstones in their cars.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I just purchased the just Wireless car charger for the PEEK at Target for $6.98 before taxes. Works perfectly.