Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Stopped at a local Sprint store on Saturday and asked if by chance they had a Touchstone. Didn't really want to pay $69.95 but when I found out they had one - and they were able to throw in an extra cord/adapter - I went for it.

WOW - I had no idea how great these are...

The back - by itself is the best accessory... just LOVE the look and feel of it!

But just placing my PRE on the Touchstone and not having to even think about plugging it in - had no idea how nice that would be. I'll be getting another base asap for work.

And I really like having the display/clock - if there is a msg - I can easily spot it. Turns out I rarely go to my computer to check emails anymore!

Now - I just need to decide if I should get a screen protector! I just keep the PRE in my pocket - but am noticing very minor scratching...
    Get the protector!!! And give it a few days before deciding you hate it
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Great - Went with Phantom Skinz... for $4.97 seemed a good way to go.

Bodyguardz is my next choice ...
    Last edited by luigidk; 06/30/2009 at 10:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post

The back - by itself is the best accessory... just LOVE the look and feel of it!
    Have to agree! I didn't even know about the soft rubbery back. I figured it would be a matte version of the normal back. Feels great!
    this is making me want to grab one...
    I couldn't bring myself to buy the Touchstone initially when I got my Pre because of the $70 cost, but as I was walking by the Sprint store the other day, I figured "eh, why not?" It sounded cool and I had a perfect place to put it in my den at home. In addition, I was getting increasingly annoyed by the creaky plastic back that came with the original phone and was curious to see if the new rubberized one would help.

A week later, I have to say I absolutely adore the Touchstone. It's so easy and feels so "right" that I wonder why this technology hasn't been out longer and on more platforms? As a bonus, the new back fixed the creaking noises that had been bothering me plus its non-stick surface made me feel much more confident when I was holding it in the street.

All in all, the Touchstone was moderately more expensive than I wanted to pay, but worth every cent.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I love my touchstone as well. I agree that the new back is almost a must have, and not having to open the slider, pull open the door, find the end of the cord, plug it in, and then having to unplug it when done is such a luxury after you get used to it!
    I have to say I didn't want to get one either but after a few days I went and picked one up.

Went to WDW for 11 days and the beach for a few others It was so nice to just toss it on the TS and let it go . My Jeep has a built in Ac so I used it on my 3hr trips while going to and from the beach worked great streamed Pandora and Did a bit of Nav and it was like nothing for it. I also liked it went to speaker phone while on the TS as well when driving.

I need to get another one for my Work van and Jeep i can move back and forth. ,they need to make a cradle for the car that will charge and hold at the same time.

Oh and I put a Skin-IT on the TS Back and have had no problems at all with chargeing ,Heat or distortion of the Skin.
    The touchstone is awesome.

I wont be surprised when other phone manufacturers begin include something like it with their phones.
    I got some card for being a Sprint Premier member that gave me 25% off any accessory, I used it on the Touchstone, even though it only made it around $55 it was still worth every penny, this technology is insane!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Seriously, I had to do a similar revelation post on one of my other forums and immediately ordered a second for work. I had previously found the idea of the Touchstone intriguing, and figured I'd get one if it ever got down to $30 or so, but I couldn't see it justifying that $70 tag.

Now, I think Palm could do a very minimal, Apple-like commercial on just the Touchstone as a great way of marketing the Pre. I had no idea that it would display full notifications while in that lovely, angled position on the Touchstone. To know at a glance from across the room that I didn't miss a call, text, or e-mail while I was out of earshot of the phone is wonderful. Likewise, from my casually reclined position on the couch, I know that I don't need to read that e-mail from that Nigerian prince.

I know, it probably sounds just as trivial and inconsequential as "you never have to plug in a cable," but it is a damn fine luxury to have, and it makes it that much harder to consider buying an alternative phone.
    Everyone will make a touchstone for their devices. This cries out for a STANDARD. What company could resist high-margin sales to a captive audience. Designs may need to be tweaked slightly, but that should take long. Palm (or maybe the toothbrush) have started a revolution.
    Not sure if anybody is looking to purchase a Touchstone but here is the best deal I've found so far (since the $42 Amazon deal).

Palm OEM Touchstone Charging Kit Dock+Back Cover For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com

$48.95 shipped (use "free40" as promo code)
    Touchstone is awesome. Especially considering I'm so afraid I'm gonna tear that little micro usb door off on accident. Now if it would just work in the car without hardwiring...
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    i just got this too! I also found out that my work phone motorola charger works with the touchstone extra score!
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Not sure if anybody is looking to purchase a Touchstone but here is the best deal I've found so far (since the $42 Amazon deal).

Palm OEM Touchstone Charging Kit Dock+Back Cover For Palm - Palm Pre - Fommy.com

$48.95 shipped (use "free40" as promo code)
    yeah, the key here is the "in stock" date. precentral.net has just as good a deal but the "in stock" date keeps getting pushed back. i finally just went to a sprint store and plunked down 70 bucks. i'm impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post
    Stopped at a local Sprint store on Saturday and asked if by chance they had a Touchstone. Didn't really want to pay $69.95 but when I found out they had one - and they were able to throw in an extra cord/adapter - I went for it.

But just placing my PRE on the Touchstone and not having to even think about plugging it in - had no idea how nice that would be. I'll be getting another base asap for work.

And I really like having the display/clock - if there is a msg - I can easily spot it. Turns out I rarely go to my computer to check emails anymore!

Now - I just need to decide if I should get a screen protector! I just keep the PRE in my pocket - but am noticing very minor scratching...
    The touchstone really is the bomb. worth the money even if it's overpriced. And def. get a screen protecter. i rec phantomskinz, someone did an awesome comparison write up here and it got the best score.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I've had my TouchStone on order from the PreCentral Store here since the Monday after the release and still haven't received it because of back-ordered stock.

Maybe I should go to the Sprint store and fork over a little more. At least I would have them. I ordered the extra module so I would have one for my office.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    My Jeep has a built in Ac so I used it on my 3hr trips while going to and from the beach worked great streamed Pandora and Did a bit of Nav and it was like nothing for it. I also liked it went to speaker phone while on the TS as well when driving.

I need to get another one for my Work van and Jeep i can move back and forth. ,they need to make a cradle for the car that will charge and hold at the same time.
    I am also planning to use the TouchStone in my car. I will make a simple holder to fit in the standard Cup-Holder in my car. I have an AC adapter to use, if necessary, but would also like to use the cigarette lighter car charger with the USB to TouchStone. Has anyone tried that?
    There are a lot of threads about car chargers destroying the touchstones. Beware, as car chargers (even spring or palm ones) have numerous cases of bricking the touchstones!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast