1.    #1  
    Is anyone using their Touchstone on a wall upside down? Will it stay stuck?

I have a bookshelf next to my bed, it has a smooth surface, it would be a great place to have Pandora running! I could put it on the shelf, but I wanted to be able to see the clock.
    I have mine on the wall, i used a damp paper towel on the ring and put it on my wall. I let it sit there for a few hours before I put the pre on it and now it holds no problem.

Im not sure if you mean upside down like on the bottom of the shelf or just stuck to it. Mine is stuck to a sheetrock wall and hasnt moved.
    Its how people are installing them in their cars and it stays on while driving so I don't think you will have a problem.
  4.    #4  
    Upside down, so the cord comes from the bottom and the Pre will stay on it. I was just wondering if it stayed stuck.
    I don't think you'll have a problem with it falling off. There are quite a few people that have their touch stone set up in their vehicle in the same exact way you're asking about. If the Pre stays attached while driving, I think you'll be good.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ures-here.html
    Yes it will!

I have one of mine on my bed post (smooth wood surface). It has been there since launch and hasn't budged. It will be tilted slightly upward, so if you want to keep the clock visible you'll need to take that into consideration.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    when the phone is on the touchstone, is the clock always on or is there a way to disable it. i really dont like the light when im sleeping
    I have mine on my computer monitor at work upside down...I used double sised tape inside the ring of "sticky stuff" it works great. perfect viewing angle.
    I also leave the keyboard open...I can replay to text messages+the magnet holds strong while doing so.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Just remember, if you lose power, even for a moment, your nice shiny Pre will be on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatteau View Post
    Just remember, if you lose power, even for a moment, your nice shiny Pre will be on the floor.
    No it won't. The magnets are just magnets, not electromagnets. And the foam isn't electrically charged >.>

Anyway, I have been completely unable to get my touchstones to stay on the wall reliably. I would HIGHLY recommend you do not do this if you care about your Pre, at least not without some other form of adhesive to assist.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    No it won't. The magnets are just magnets, not electromagnets. And the foam isn't electrically charged >.>

Anyway, I have been completely unable to get my touchstones to stay on the wall reliably. I would HIGHLY recommend you do not do this if you care about your Pre, at least not without some other form of adhesive to assist.
    Wrong, if my touchstone is not plugged in, the magnet does not hold.
    Oh boy! I can see it now. More whiny threads about how people's touchstone's came unstuck from their walls and broke their Pre.

"Palm's unreliable touchstone breaks my Pre".

How people love to blame others for their own stupidity. Listen, ever use a suction cup to stick something? Occasionally, even the best suction cup becomes unstuck and you need to restick it. Without experience using this micro gecko sticky skin stuff I can only compare it to a suction cup. If you're going to do this, then be prepared to accept the blame if it decides some day to unstick and your Pre ends up on the floor broken.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    WRONG!
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    My magnet holds just fine, powered or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Oh boy! I can see it now. More whiny threads about how people's touchstone's came unstuck from their walls and broke their Pre.

"Palm's unreliable touchstone breaks my Pre".

How people love to blame others for their own stupidity. Listen, ever use a suction cup to stick something? Occasionally, even the best suction cup becomes unstuck and you need to restick it. Without experience using this micro gecko sticky skin stuff I can only compare it to a suction cup. If you're going to do this, then be prepared to accept the blame if it decides some day to unstick and your Pre ends up on the floor broken.
    Great point, mine is over my bed just in case it lets go.