Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Every time I put my Pre on the Touchstone, it wants to start charging, makes the goofy noise, message pops up on the bottom, then after about 1/2 second, the message drops down and within another 1/2 second, it starts all over again. Then drops down again, and keeps this up as long as I have the phone laying on the touchstone. Anyone else have this problem? I've removed the back of the phone, made sure the contacts were clean (heck, it's brand new) and even restarted the phone. Any ideas?

Do I have to return the phone and touchstone to the same place I bought it, or can I take it back to any Sprint store?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvrwc View Post
    Every time I put my Pre on the Touchstone, it wants to start charging, makes the goofy noise, message pops up on the bottom, then after about 1/2 second, the message drops down and within another 1/2 second, it starts all over again. Then drops down again, and keeps this up as long as I have the phone laying on the touchstone. Anyone else have this problem? I've removed the back of the phone, made sure the contacts were clean (heck, it's brand new) and even restarted the phone. Any ideas?

Do I have to return the phone and touchstone to the same place I bought it, or can I take it back to any Sprint store?
    Have you unplugged the touchstone then reconnected it that usually works??? (Taking the phone off the touchstone)
    What are you using for the Touchstone's power source?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    If the touchstone gets hot it will do this.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I had that same issue (see prior posts on this website). I went to a Sprint store, and through trial and error, we finally isolated the problem to the AC transformer. The cable and Touchstone were fine. So, the Sprint store swapped out my AC transformer and I have not had anymore problems with THAT particular Touchstone.

I had another TS that would not charge anymore after only using it for 4 hrs from unboxing it. No ding, no message, nada. Exchanged the TS itself at Sprint and now I have both TS's working great!

Robert
    Mine is doing the same thing and it drives me nuts. I guess I have to take it back to the store?! ugh.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    My newest theory, and I've had many, is regarding heat and the magnets. If it is correct over time all TS's magnets will slightly degrade due to the heat and lose it ability to maintain the "sweet spot" for charging. So no matter how often you exchange the TS, sooner or later this will be an issue.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I bought a touchstone to use at work but came out to be disappointing.

For some odd reason it would not charge through any of my work area wall socket.

I thought maybe the power around my cube was weak but when I only charge the Pre without the touchstone....it charges! Errrr.

I was disappointed of returning it.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    yeah this constant dinging happened to me when i got a touchstone. I bought it through amazon and im returning it tomorrow for a replacement. wish me good luck on my next one. It only seemed to happen when the battery reached 100%. if the battery level was lower it would work until it reached 100% then it would happen again.... really annoying!!
    love my touchstone its awesome
    I have the same problem...but I have the Innocase Surface. I am disappointed. If I remove the Innocase then it sticks to the Touchstone tightly and works fine.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    just got my replacement touchstone from amazon and it works perfect!!! they were quick with like 1 day shipping for the replacement!!! yeah boi
    I get this with the Palm car adapter and the Touchstone. Anyone else get this?
    This is the closest thread I have found about my issue so I thought I would ask here.

So bought a touchstone 2 days ago. Brought it into work yesterday and it charged just fine all day.
    I bring it home and hook it up to a power strip and it works just fine I then take it up to my room for where it will be stationed permanently.. and nothing. I woke up the next morning with a pre at 33% I tried reseating it, replugging it back in. Now this one is also on a power strip so I think that has to be the issue.

So I take my brand new micro usb car charger and plug it into my pre, and it drained the battery to 12% Im just having an awesome day of battery fun

The only thing that is saving me is my friend at works, Tour charger.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    My newest theory, and I've had many, is regarding heat and the magnets. If it is correct over time all TS's magnets will slightly degrade due to the heat and lose it ability to maintain the "sweet spot" for charging. So no matter how often you exchange the TS, sooner or later this will be an issue.
    No, the plastic will melt before the magnets degrade. It's not the magnets. I think it's a resistance issue somewhere, there's not enough current. One of your connections is bad. First, make sure you are plugged into a wall outlet, not a USB port. Make sure the microUSB is plugged all the way into the Touchstone. If those are OK, go to a Sprint store and change one thing at a time, first the cable, then the plug, then the Touchstone, then the cover (hopefully they have all of that stuff around).
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I purchased 2 touchstones. One for work and one for home. The home one started a week or so ago to do the battery charging cycle as described above and would actually never charge the battery. Before that it was working great!

The one at the office works wonderful still and has no problems. The one at home just tonight stopped working altogether.

I have submitted a RMA defective product request to PreCentral.net store (where I purchased these from).

Its nice to know my problem is not unique. I just hope PreCentral.net gives me a good customer service and replaces the defective one. Anyone had any experience with PreCentral.net in regards to situations like this?
    My car one started doing it constantly now. It was a bit flaky before, super sensitive to placement, so I thought I wasn't aligning it right. Now it just dings all the time so I stopped using it. Will have to try a spare one. Then again, maybe it's the car power source being flaky?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    My car one started doing it constantly now. It was a bit flaky before, super sensitive to placement, so I thought I wasn't aligning it right. Now it just dings all the time so I stopped using it. Will have to try a spare one. Then again, maybe it's the car power source being flaky?
    Definitely could be an issue with the car. If the resistance in the connection is too high, you get less current. The connection from the car socket to the car charger could be a problem. Different cars may use different materials or have slightly different designs that will cause it to have a higher resistance. Check it out with a wall socket to see if it works that way.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I suspect this has been addressed at some point in the thread, but it means that the Pre is not seated correctly on the magnets. Just nudge it up or down and it should seat properly and juice up.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Not to burst anyone's bubble, but it takes quite a bit of heat to demag a magnet.. I used to run brushless motors that would demag if over-amped. Even after 'demag', they were strong enough to move smaller magnets around from underneath over an inch of wood.

The temperature required to demag a brushless rotor is well over what it would take to ruin a Li-ion battery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast