Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Like many here, Sprint offered me a free Airave to go with my new Pre. It seems that the cell service in my home is now SPRINT ONLY. My wife uses a Virgin Mobile phone, with VM pre-paid service. As she only uses the phone a couple of times a month, it makes no sense to spend $30 a month for service, whn we can spend $20 every 90 days. At any rate, now when she tries to make a call in the house, the phone tells herthat only Sprint service is available and she has to go out to the end of the driveway to make a call. I find it funny. She is not amused.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My mother came over the other day to watch my son and she had the same problem while my airave was plugged in..
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Like many here, Sprint offered me a free Airave to go with my new Pre. It seems that the cell service in my home is now SPRINT ONLY. My wife uses a Virgin Mobile phone, with VM pre-paid service. As she only uses the phone a couple of times a month, it makes no sense to spend $30 a month for service, whn we can spend $20 every 90 days. At any rate, now when she tries to make a call in the house, the phone tells herthat only Sprint service is available and she has to go out to the end of the driveway to make a call. I find it funny. She is not amused.
    You can set which phone numbers you wish to allow to use the airave online when logged in to your sprint account. This may help out.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour View Post
    You can set which phone numbers you wish to allow to use the airave online when logged in to your sprint account. This may help out.
    How are you able to do this? When I login to my account and click at the bottom where it says "manage equipment" the next page loads and all it says is: "We were unable to locate your device. Please try again later."
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    How are you able to do this? When I login to my account and click at the bottom where it says "manage equipment" the next page loads and all it says is: "We were unable to locate your device. Please try again later."
    I'm getting the same "unable to locate your device" error right now also, in the past I could login my account and allow anyone to get on or specific #'s but not as of the last few days....Not sure what that's about, talked to Sprint on the phone today about it and they were clueless!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    When I click on manage equipment my airave shows up. I can edit which numbers have access.

I have had my airave for months now though. Maybe they are a bit overwhelmed with all of the airaves they have given out since the launch of the Pre.
    Yea; I can't find my Airave in MySprint page. Weird
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I just spoke with Airave Support (866-556-7310) and this is a known issue that is happening to most customers who just received theirs in the last few weeks. Access should be back online by the end of the week.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Thanks fraz. I'm getting the same "unable to locate device". Glad they were able to give you and answer with a eta.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I just spoke with a Tech in Airave Support. It seems that the only phone numbers you'll be able to add onto your Airave network at this time, will be Sprint numbers. They are working on the issue. However, if you have people in your home on another network, they're out of luck when the Airave is on. Apparently Sprint is working on a solution, but they don't have one yet (no timeframe for finding an answer either). Sprint knows this is impacting their customers, so they are actively working the problem.

As for adding Sprint numbers to your "private network", if you call Airave Support (866-556-7310), they can add numbers for you. Again, those MUST be Sprint numbers. They are also working on letting the customer update the numbers directly on the website. However, they haven't got that up and running yet. According to the Tech I spoke with, there is no official timeframe for getting this function up and running either.

Bottomline, if you have friends that are not with Sprint coming to your house, as a courtesy, you might want to shut off your Airave so they can make and receive calls without having to go outside.
    Ouch, so are you saying that with the airave on a verizon cell phone would not work?
    Verizon works. No GSM phones work.

Meaning ATT, TMobile etc.

Verizon/Sprint are the only major CDMA carriers in the US and they are roaming partners. Your service will work over the Airave with either carrier.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Verizon works. No GSM phones work.

Meaning ATT, TMobile etc.

Verizon/Sprint are the only major CDMA carriers in the US and they are roaming partners. Your service will work over the Airave with either carrier.
    You might need to check that. My wife uses a CDMA phone (not Sprint or Verizon) and cannot get service in the house. Since the Airave is basically going to Sprint like VoIP, it is very concieivable that no other carriers phones will work. It's also possible that Verizon will work based on roaming agreements. It would be interesting to see if roaming charges would apply to a Verizon phone. I've got friends that are on Verizon coming over on Saturday. I'll report back after that.
    Last edited by fwinst; 07/02/2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Addition
    I just installed an airave last night (got for free with little hassle from Sprint retentions) and it doesn't seem to interfere with my girlfriend's t-mobile phone.

Looks like airave doesn't interfere with everyone.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1922 View Post
    I just installed an airave last night (got for free with little hassle from Sprint retentions) and it doesn't seem to interfere with my girlfriend's t-mobile phone.

Looks like airave doesn't interfere with everyone.
    Now that's interesting. I wonder if it only interferes with CDMA phones. Again, I'll see on Saturday. Although, the Airave Tech seemed well aware of the issue. So, there must be something going on.
    Doesn't interfere with an iphone. Wonder if AT&T's microcell (to be released later) can be used along side an airave?
    ive read that it only inteferes with sprint network, (aka boost, etc etc)

it will have no affect on ATT or TMobile or Verizons tower
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    ive read that it only inteferes with sprint network, (aka boost, etc etc)

it will have no affect on ATT or TMobile or Verizons tower
    Ok, thanks, good to know if I ever was to get one. I have a verizon cell for work that has to work when I'm oncall.
    So what is the final verdict on Verizon working with Airave? Im waiting for my free airave and two other phones in my house are Verizon so Im hoping i doesnt interfere. If it doesnt, does it actually help Verizon service also? Neither of them get good reception either so that would be a huge plus.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    If there was legitimately something going on, it must have been temporary.

I have an Airave in my home and in my office and it doesn't impact anyone else. In my home, friends with various other providers don't have any trouble. In the office where most other people are T-Mobile (some Verizon and AT&T) no one has any issues either.

Both my Airaves are restricted to two numbers, for kicks I unrestricted the office one and there was no difference. Everyone on all their other providers was fine.
    Last edited by DrSuSE; 09/21/2009 at 03:39 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast