Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Here's a shot of the Boxwave ClearTouch I installed 30 min ago. It's in bright sun - in normal lighting the edges aren't as noticeable.

Install was fairly easy. I cleaned the Pre with a soft cloth and a drop of eyeglass cleaner, polished it with the Boxwave cleaning cloth, and blasted it with Dust-Off.

The Boxwave protector has two peel-off sheets attached to it, one on the adhesive side and one on the front. Both are labelled to be removed before install. I left the front one on during the install to give me a tab to handle the protector by.

It doesn't quite cover the entire screen - a tiny bit of the very upper left hand corner is exposed. It's not enough to be annoying.

It feels only slightly more draggy than the unprotected screen. Visually it's perfectly clear, no distortion.

The only concern I have is if it will start peeling up when I put the Pre into the tight fit of the Palm belt case. I'm going to let it 'set' for a while before trying that. I'll edit this if it becomes an issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    that does not even come close to covering the face of the Pre...
    I ordered one a couple days ago and have not received it yet....but i might return it now
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo77 View Post
    It does cover the screen and the gesture area, which is where I'm mainly concerned about scratches.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    I had an Invisible Shield on mine and hated the way it looked. I liked that it made it easier to open the slider but not enough to keep it on. My Boxwave is on its way. Can't wait to get it!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo77 View Post
    I got a clear protector screen guard from Ebay it covers the entire front and you cannot see it either.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I got my CrystalClear protector from Boxwave on Friday. Saturday morning, I attempted to install it, and of course, with repeated attempts at proper alignment, got dust and even a cat hair under the screen.

5 reattempts later, washing the protector each time, I got it on pretty good, no bubbles. However, the edges don't stay down, which is a bummer.
    that is the hardest part of any of these full body protectors...keeping the edges all down so that they do not start peeling up and looking ugly. Some make it easier than others depending on their cut though.

Quote Originally Posted by ackthbbft View Post
    I got my CrystalClear protector from Boxwave on Friday. Saturday morning, I attempted to install it, and of course, with repeated attempts at proper alignment, got dust and even a cat hair under the screen.

5 reattempts later, washing the protector each time, I got it on pretty good, no bubbles. However, the edges don't stay down, which is a bummer.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Where can we get the plastic face covers that come with it when brand new from Sprint? It's the one that has a bit too much above the earphone speaker (which I just cut to fit).
  10. TFT
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Boxwave has a new and improved screen protector in the works.
    I'll stick to my PhantomSkinz.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tft View Post
    Boxwave has a new and improved screen protector in the works.
    Any idea when we might be seeing this?
    Well.. certainly not the best solution, but until I have figured out which ones are the best / which ones I want, I go with some leftovers from my Axim 51v. Pretty good material, attaches nicely... and without any fluids, or such. Have to cut off some, as the 51v's screen is bigger. Works well though...

Just saw the video for the "HelicopterBlade" protectors... looks pretty solid to me.

Good thread! Can't wait to see the results (in a few days)...
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Well I went ahead and ordered the 3 pack so as soon as I get them I'll let you guys know how they are. Currently I have the Innocase surface case on so all I need is the actualy screen area protected. Hopefully they will be better than the seidio screenguards.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mad1100 View Post
    that is the hardest part of any of these full body protectors...keeping the edges all down so that they do not start peeling up and looking ugly. Some make it easier than others depending on their cut though.
    This isn't a full-body protector. It's screen-only.
    Bitmage, you did an awesome job of applying your boxwave, I had to wash mine and try again but still have a little bit at the top that isn't sticking. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though, and its a good thing I put it on, I had my wife's Jaguar keys in my pocket the other day and they actually scratched up the boxwave protector a little bit!

One strange thing I noticed: under florescent lights (like at work) there seems to be an "oily" looking pattern when you look at the Pre off (and at a bit of an angle). Its unnoticeable when you turn it on, but its completely gone if you're in sunlight or regular incandescent light (i.e. its not there at home!). I never noticed that with the anti-glare protectors I used before, is it common with the "crystal clear" ones?
    Ordered a 3pack today. I also ordered some Brando screen protectors as well. I'll give my opinion on these once I get them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    Bitmage, you did an awesome job of applying your boxwave, I had to wash mine and try again but still have a little bit at the top that isn't sticking. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though, and its a good thing I put it on, I had my wife's Jaguar keys in my pocket the other day and they actually scratched up the boxwave protector a little bit!

One strange thing I noticed: under florescent lights (like at work) there seems to be an "oily" looking pattern when you look at the Pre off (and at a bit of an angle). Its unnoticeable when you turn it on, but its completely gone if you're in sunlight or regular incandescent light (i.e. its not there at home!). I never noticed that with the anti-glare protectors I used before, is it common with the "crystal clear" ones?
    I've used these on my Treos and loved them, but I didn't order one for my Pre.

Anyway, I noticed some of the Cleartouch Crystal protectors would have the "oily" effect under certain lighting conditions but not all of them. The last one I had on my 755p had no oily effect whatsoever.
    I received my boxwave today. IMO this is the easiest to install and the clarity & feel is definitely better than the IS I originally had on.
    I received my Brando screen protectors today. Took 1 1/2 weeks to get here. I already had my boxwave installed on my pre so I installed the Brando on my wife's pre. Brando was a little bit more stiff compared to the boxwave. Also noticed the brando was even easier to install than the boxwave because of its sturdiness. No bubbles at all on the first try!!

You can't go wrong with either way! Boxwave advantage is it was a bit clearer than Brando.
    Last edited by ranzo; 08/06/2009 at 01:12 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast