Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hi all, some tips about installing any screen protector people might find useful:

1. Be patient and take your time (I would dedicate around 7-12 mins)

2. Put it on in a CLEAN environment

3. If you get dust on the screen side, use SCOTCH TAPE to grab it off your screen protector

4. The instant you see a bubble, take push it out (with the applicator tool) before you continue to apply your screen protector.

5. Align the screen protector before you peel off the side that adheres to the screen

7. For the Pre, start by attaching the screen protector from side with the circle button and slowly let it attach its self as you move up to where the ear phone side is.

8. Not necessary (because a micro wipe is included) but I usually use a damp cloth to wipe the screen prior to installation.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    I had an Invisible Shield on mine and hated the way it looked. I liked that it made it easier to open the slider but not enough to keep it on. My Boxwave is on its way. Can't wait to get it!
    I have the IS on mine now and can't stand the way it looks. Just ordered the Boxwave. I've used them before and always liked them.
    Go Bucks!
    One other recommendation for installing a boxwave screen protector (or perhaps any other) is to do it somewhere where you can make a fairly damp environment. I install my protectors in a bathroom after running the shower at full heat for a few minutes. This helps to knock any dust out of the air thus limiting the chance of random dust and particles from landing on your screen during installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by verks View Post
    I have the IS on mine now and can't stand the way it looks. Just ordered the Boxwave. I've used them before and always liked them.
    You won't regret it at all. Gestures with the boxwave iare SO much smoother than the IS. I got a refund for my IS (w/in their 30day policy) so I'm happy
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    got the boxwave and Im not realy happy. The edges around the center button and the speaker lay not down correctly..

Will this change by time?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...otector-2.html

Mine is pretty centered, can you take a photo of the issue you are having? Which version did you use?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Mine is looking like on the photos in the other thread you mentioned. Maybe Im a bit spoiled, but I dont wanna see the protector.

Here is apic, but really bad quality.. But you should see, what I mean.

The big one does not fit on the edges at all..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecbrown View Post
    Where can we get the plastic face covers that come with it when brand new from Sprint? It's the one that has a bit too much above the earphone speaker (which I just cut to fit).
    Yes! I liked that one just fine. I was very disappointed my (likely refurb) replacement from Palm did not have one and I had to use the IS I bought with the phone originally. Hate it though.
    I'd just like to say that after a few phone swaps and being able to try out both styles of the Boxwave for my Pre, I actually prefer the original, smaller design better than the revised design.

Even though the original design is a tad smaller and covers less of the face, I like it more because the edges seem to not lift up nearly as much as the revised design.

I'm glad they come with both designs in the multi-packs. I'm gonna give the newer ones to my sister in-law.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    I'd just like to say that after a few phone swaps and being able to try out both styles of the Boxwave for my Pre, I actually prefer the original, smaller design better than the revised design.

Even though the original design is a tad smaller and covers less of the face, I like it more because the edges seem to not lift up nearly as much as the revised design.

I'm glad they come with both designs in the multi-packs. I'm gonna give the newer ones to my sister in-law.
    +1
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12