Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I'm looking around, trying to find something similar to Power Support anti-glare skin that I saw on my co-workers iPhone. I like it a lot and would like it to be on my pre. The only thing I found close to that name is Boxwave anti-glare which apparently is re-usable and can be cleaned over and over without losing the adhesive.

I don't want invisible shield, I've been having a tough time with them and installing the darn thing and it's been a bad experience for me.

Any other recommendations are welcome!
  2. TFT
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I've used the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protector on my HTC Touch for about a year. Once installed it looks like part of the phone, completely clear, and extremely durable. They are pricy at $12.95 but I think they're worth it. I have a couple on the way for my GF's Pre and my Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tft View Post
    I've used the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protector on my HTC Touch for about a year. Once installed it looks like part of the phone, completely clear, and extremely durable. They are pricy at $12.95 but I think they're worth it. I have a couple on the way for my GF's Pre and my Pre.
    Please let me know how it works out for you? I'm very interested...
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Please let me know how it works out for you? I'm very interested...
    Mine is on its way so I'll add my .02 cents when I use it for a bit.
    I've used Boxwave screen protectors on my Treo 600, 650, and 700p and had nothing but great results.
    I have used Boxwave on a bunch of products, my HTC Touch, my Canon Camera and my PSP. They have been great and lasted along time. They are very clear and clean up nicely. I should receive mine for the Pre hopefully on Monday. Now if I only can get a Pre that doesn't have problems.

I would recommend Boxwave because of past experiences.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input! I'm anxious to try these!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    What about the Boxwave Slim Rubberized Shell Case?

I'm about to order a Pre for my husband. He is pretty hard on phones. Anything I can do to protect his Pre will help!

Thanks,
    Mckay
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I received my Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal in the mail today. I ripped the IS off my Pre like a fat kid on a jelly donut and applied the Boxwave! It is like using the Pre in its naked state! The screen is a lot more responsive and scrolling is a joy once again due to your finger not "sticking" like on the IS. I have used Boxwave protectors in the past and am very happy they released one for the Pre. Give it a try. It is like not having a screen protector on. BTW, they wear like iron. I have NEVER had to buy a replacement Boxwave protector for any device I have ever had one on.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Here's the Boxwave Pre page. It shows an outline of the product over the phone on the page. I had to recut my invisible shield as it covered my mouthpiece area--I may have slightly messed up the installation, but I didn't notice until my 1st two calls w/it & people had trouble hearing me.

Pre Screen Protector / Palm Pre Screen Protector / Pre Screen Cover / Palm Pre Screen Cover / Pre Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

Cheers
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Here's the Boxwave Pre page. It shows an outline of the product over the phone on the page. I had to recut my invisible shield as it covered my mouthpiece area--I may have slightly messed up the installation, but I didn't notice until my 1st two calls w/it & people had trouble hearing me.

Pre Screen Protector / Palm Pre Screen Protector / Pre Screen Cover / Palm Pre Screen Cover / Pre Screen Film - ClearTouch Crystal

Cheers
    Here's what it looked like just after installation on mine.

So far, it's holding up fine. No problems with the Palm belt case. There is a faint shiny line around the outer edge where the adhesive isn't holding as tight as it does elsewhere, but it's not peeling up at all.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
  12. TFT
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Just installed my Boxwave protector. I like how it protects the screen and jesture area. It is completely clear, all that you can see is a faint line around the screen. I'll report back after some use.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tft View Post
    Just installed my Boxwave protector. I like how it protects the screen and jesture area. It is completely clear, all that you can see is a faint line around the screen. I'll report back after some use.
    Pictures ! =o) pretty please.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Pictures ! =o) pretty please.
    See the link in my post above.
    per their website, there are 2 variations of the crystal-clear protective screen ... one's "anti-glare" and one's "virtual glass" ... aside from the different names and their obvious meanings, what's really different between the two ... do you think the differences are THAT noticable?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    The anti-glare one is matte, and slightly blurs the screen (going on my experiences with my old Treo). The Crystal one is much more reflective, but is completely clear with no blurring.

The same sort of difference you see on anti-glare vs glossy LCD monitors.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have used the BoxWave protectors for years on my Samsung i500 Palm OS flip phone and Treo 650, and always had good results. Considering how nervous I am about using a "water-adhesive" protector like the Zagg, I'll probably go with Boxwave again.
    between the two ... anti-glare and glass-like ... which ones do you all recommend? ... or is it completely user preference and potentially a $25 experiment?
    Here's my thoughts on it (including pics)...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1718846

Normally love boxwave but the not sticking around the edges and the top of the screen exposed (even though it's only a tiny bit) - lead me to think they rushed this one out the door.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    Here's a pic w/ the boxwave clear on. I sent it to their support department with my complaints.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast