Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hey all,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not but I just came across this great gem for anyone that wants to stream their tunes from their phone via A2DP to any car radio that only has an iPod connector and no A2DP ability:

Sprint - All Accessories

Enjoy

Mike
    ---Abort, Retry, Fail???

Palm III > Palm V > Sony Clie PEG-NR70/U > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Treo 800w > Palm Pre
    That's sweet, and its only $10 what a deal. Now the question of the day... Can the pre be controlled by the device plugged into the adapter???
    Does this thing actually work? I've not seen a review of it.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    There's a discussion of it on PPCGeeks:
    Adapt for Ipod dock - PPCGeeks
    this thing looks promising.. anyone actually buy this and have a review for it?
    No detailed info anywhere on the net..
    Cnet's review back when it cost $75 Anycom Fipo (white) MP3 Player Accessory reviews - CNET Reviews

Engadget when it was $99
    ANYCOM FIPO connects Bluetooth devices to iPod accessories

Seems as if this product suffered from it's high price. At $10 I'm in.

It's not clear, but I think this is Anycom's FIPO as they don't have another product that would match this Sprint product. Hope it has AVRCP and if it doesn't, back it goes.
    Last edited by realistdreamer; 07/03/2009 at 04:30 PM.
    so if i have an ipod connector in my car.. i can connect that ipod connector to this advice.. and use that aux channel to stream bluetooth music to the pre correct?

I just want to make sure. Thanks again
    Originally posted by wootang00:
    so if i have an ipod connector in my car.. i can connect that ipod connector to this advice.. and use that aux channel to stream bluetooth music to the pre correct?

I just want to make sure. Thanks again
    I just bought two, because that's my understanding (one for me and one for my husband). I'll let you know after I receive it.

BTW, if it works, my husband will be mighty pleased. The new Nano that Apple put out won't charge with all the previous docking stations, including cars. This will allow him to use his Pre instead and still charge it. With the Nano if you sit it on the non-charging docking station, you're already using the port that would be used for charging.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have something similar that I picked up at Best Buy for $15, it's the Insignia Bluetooth adapter (Amazon Link)

Given the size and pricing, I suspect they may be the same device, just rebranded. I wasn't particularly impressed with the quality, the reception was poor and the range was very short when tested with my Motorola Q9c. If I can find it, I'll try testing with my Palm Pre.
    Saw it, bought it, it doesn't work. Paired fine with the Pre, but it couldn't fool my Pioneer headunit into thinking it was an iPod. I believe it was looking for a file structure or something. On the Pioneer, it auto-recognizes iPods and USB drives. It didn't detect anything so didn't switch modes. I tried it out in the Sprint parking lot and immediately got my refund. Oh well, nothing ventured . . .
    Just ordered 2! At $10 it's a steal and exactly what I can use to make use of my iPod dock at work and the Audi iPod hookup in my car! Sweet!!
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Originally posted by realistdreamer:
    Saw it, bought it, it doesn't work. Paired fine with the Pre, but it couldn't fool my Pioneer headunit into thinking it was an iPod. I believe it was looking for a file structure or something. On the Pioneer, it auto-recognizes iPods and USB drives. It didn't detect anything so didn't switch modes. I tried it out in the Sprint parking lot and immediately got my refund. Oh well, nothing ventured . . .
    I just purchased two. If it works and pairs with any of our iPod docking devices it'll be worth the $10 X 2. If not, I'll return them.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    In for 2!

My Scion Xd has an cable designed for an Ipod interface and one for a spare....
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    The insignia one works great with the Pre. Note though, you must have an ipod dock that gets controller through the ipod, not one that gets controlled through the deck.
    I have been using this for about 3 days now with an alpine full speed ipod car deck and it is incredible. Paired easily, sounds great. You can control the music player with either the deck or on the pre itself. Best of all sprint navigation works through it as well. Best investment ilve made yet.

If anyone has any questions let me know - I shall try to answer
    Is this available in the Sprint stores or just online?
    Quote Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
    The insignia one works great with the Pre. Note though, you must have an ipod dock that gets controller through the ipod, not one that gets controlled through the deck.
    Maybe that's my problem. My pioneer controls the iPod. I would think this is common with car stereos.
    I got one at the Sprint Store and think that it is great. It is as easy as pie and sound is good. Another MAJOR bonus is that it plays the output of the Navigation app. which is huge being that the output from the Pre's speaker is anemic at best. I obviously would have preferred if the Pre had an audible speaker.
    I ordered 2 more for iPod docks at home ... makes my touch work like a remote controll. Highly recommended at $10 would still be recommended at $50.00
    After reading this tread went to my local Sprint store and they had a slew of them. Got one for the 10 bucks. Went to my local Radio Shack and tested it out. Ended up getting a Phillips DCM230. Works great. Listing to streaming radio stations as I type.

Now off to see if it will switch to the earpiece when I get a call.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcorrado View Post
    I have been using this for about 3 days now with an alpine full speed ipod car deck and it is incredible. Paired easily, sounds great. You can control the music player with either the deck or on the pre itself. Best of all sprint navigation works through it as well. Best investment ilve made yet.

If anyone has any questions let me know - I shall try to answer
    What's the effective range like?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast