Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    This works great for me:

Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit - K33428US - Buy.com

A2DP, plugs into cigarette lighter, 3.5mm output plugs into AUX input on your car stereo, also works as a speaker phone using your car speakers (however, it does not have a very good microphone).

It has a USB output that can be used for charging. However, it will not power the touchstone. (I did get it to power the touchstone using a modified USB cable with wires 2 and 3 connected together. However, I have not had a chance to experiment to see if it put out enough juice to actually charge the phone through the TS when running pandora, etc.)

The remote mounts on your steering wheel and works for fwd, back, pause/play, and answering the phone.

Not bad for $30.
    So the anycom thing works perfectly with the DICE adapter in my E36. I can navigate tracks, it pauses when I switch to the radio.. pretty much everything I could hope for...

But, the sound quality is terrible! No static or anything but it all sounds flat and there is almost 0 bass. As much as I dread it .. It looks like a female iPod/minijack is in my future!
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I don't see it listed when I click on the OP's link. Can someone link me?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I don't see it listed when I click on the OP's link. Can someone link me?
    This worked for me:

Sprint - All Accessories
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    This worked for me:

Sprint - All Accessories
    Thanks! Now I need to decide if I want to add an ipod dock and this device, or add an AUX input and have the option of connecting a bluetooth adapter to the AUX.....dilemma's....
    Has anyone tried this with the iPod Bose dock? That should work, right?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Can the pre connect to an A2DP device and a HFP device simultaneously? For example, connect to this device to stream music, and when a call comes in, be connected to a hands free BT kit?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hello folks - I'm an iPhone defector who just picked up a Pre, and also a Anycom (Sprint branded) FIPO adapter from a local Massachusetts store. (RI is clueless and out of them, MA is a little better - get them while they're hot!)

Device Integration: AVRC controlling is very dependent on the vehicle/car stereo you are using.

My '09 Hyundai Sonata has an iPod capability, but it apparently uses a different method than traditional dock items like a iHome clock radio or something along those lines. I believe the Hyundai factory radios actually read the iPod database into it's own memory and calls the tracks from there. I was able to hook the FIPO into the dock connector cable (OEM from Hyundai), and the stereo displays the expected "Loading iPod" message. Unfortunately, this never goes away. The stereo does not actually get the chance to load in the data it needs, and it remains in this mode. That being said, I CAN get audio through the stereo. It does open up the audio channels and lets things play through, but it is a little kludgy. As expected, this renders my on-steering-wheel controls for tracks useless (volume still works). In addition, because the stereo has no knowledge of what is going on with the Pre, switching to AM/FM/CD does not stop or pause the media playback on the Pre.

I'm disappointed that the stereo never kicks over into pure iPod mode - I was hoping to keep the phone in my pocket, and have it pair up and kick into gear without needing to even touch it.

If you are using this device with a true dock station, like a Bose, Logitech, Sony, iHome dock station, you will probably have no problem making it work. It seems best suited for those applications.

Sound Quality: Believe the hype. She ain't great.

As many have mentioned, A2DP sound quality is certainly not on par with a direct connection. Some have likened it to FM or cassette, but I'd actually take it a step lower. I'm going to say it is somewhere in the range of an 80-90kbps MP3 file. I have decent bass response. Mid ranges are fairly solid. but the high end is quite distorted and weak. Cymbals are muddy, and vocals tend to get drown out with the losses. This high end falloff really lowers the overall sound quality, making an A2DP connected source sound very flat.

If you are an audiophile, or at least someone who appreciates a quality sound, you will not be happy using the wireless method. I tried to get around it myself, but I can't take this big of a step backwards from the direct connection.

If you are using a cassette tape adapter or FM transmitter to get the audio to your car, you may be in better shape. These items have their own limitations, and may mask the Bluetooth-induced reduction in quality.

If you drive a Jeep Wrangler, an eternally top-down convertible, or some other extraordinarily loud vehicle, you will be less susceptible to this because of the background noise.

The convenience of the wireless audio is very nice, but for me the audio quality loss outweighs that by a healthy margin.

Availability: Running out fast!

I called many Sprint stores in my area, and most were clueless as to what I was asking for. The regional computers said there were (0) in the area, however subsequent calls to local Sprint stores revealed that they did have a limited number. At $10, it is probably a worthwhile accessory to have for it's uses outside a car! It is not dedicated to Sprint devices or even phones - any A2DP audio source should be pairable with it.

Conclusions

I am not terribly surprised at my head unit's issues with the device. The Hyundai factory radio is pretty finicky, and it is proving itself once again.

The A2DP audio quality doesn't measure up for me. If I could buy a $50 adapter that sounded better, I would, but it seems to be a limitation of the Bluetoot protocol itself, not the quality of the devices.

Is it a worthy buy? At $10, it's tough to say no. That's darn cheap. Just don't expect it to be worthy of replacing your trusty headphone connector cable if you are a stickler for quality.

-Greg

Postscript:
    For those in the local area, as of Thursday Aug 27th 2009, Braintree (S. Shore Plaza) has 1 and N. Attleboro (Emerald Sq.) has 1. Nobody in Rhode Island has ever heard of the thing.
    I have no issues with A2DP sound quality thru the aux port, with the bluetooth device I use in my car (page 4 of this thread). I use it with a Panasonic head unit that puts out 70 wattts max into 4 channels (CQ-C8803U) and a set of Infinity 6.5 components in the front and Infinity 6.5" coaxials in the back. The sound from the Pre or my Sony NWZ-A828 mp3 player rivals anything my home system outputs. I think anyone listening to MP3 in their car probably needs to have a reciever that processes the MP3 file and restores the data (especially higher frequencies) that tend to get lost in the digital compression process. That might be why some are not satified with bluetooth sound quality. Maybe it's just my particular setup but I love the sound and convienence of A2DP/HFP when listening to music in the car.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I cannot seem to locate this unit anywhere in Canada!!! Shipping costs are through the roof if I order from US. Only other option is ebay and they want an arm and a leg for it. Would anyone be willing to purchase one from Sprint and mail it to me by ordinary USPS to Canada? I can arrange payment via PayPal. PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Got mine today, hooked it up to my portable speaker system with Ipod dock. Sound quality is definitely not as good as a straight AUX connection. I kept comparing the same songs with BT and with AUX. AUX provides a much cleaner sound. Any way to tweak the A2DP BT quality?

P.S. SQ(sound quality) is not bad at all with the BT adapter, just that I'm a bit of an audiophile.
    I had to call with the specific part #, as they had no clue what it was or did for that matter. Picked them up, and so far they are working great for me. I use a fm transmitter for an ipod nano, prior to getting my pre. I have not noticed any significant quality drops. Sounds the same as before to me, but I'm not a serious audiophile. WORKS Great for ME! Now I can use all my ipod accessory items.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I purchased this from a Sprint store today and it works great!

I'm using it in a 2007 Scion tC with the iPod connector. I plugged it into the connector, the blue light lit up, and I paired it with my phone. I then just set the head unit to use the iPod and the display changed to "Bluetooth".

I fired up Pandora on my phone and it played out of my car speakers. I also played mp3s on the phone and those worked perfectly too. I did not notice any sound cutouts and it was full stereo. Pretty impressive for $10!

Now I just need a good place to mount the phone so I can always see what's playing and this will be the perfect solution.
    can you use the controls on the steering wheel to fast forward or rewind? i have an xB and i think it's the same setup as in your tC. thx.
    thanks for the info. with that product number, it was a lot easier to track down. i have the pre streaming music via bluetooth to my car now

the only bummer though, is that i can't use the controls on the steering wheel or on the stereo headset. i can't fast forward, i can only rewind. this is in an 06 scion xB with the pioneer head unit and the iPod pin connection hooked up to the Anycom FIFO

Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    Wow, I couldnt find it anywhere on the sprint site anymore.

Here is the google cached page:

Sprint - All Accessories

Maybe you can order over phone?

Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter - Item # ESX2692

Check out your local Sprint store. One store I went to had to send these back because they weren't selling. Your local store should have them in stock.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Is there any way to set up the Pre to automatically reconnect to A2DP device after you've taken a call with your bluetooth headset? For now, I have to manually reconnect through the bluetooth menu after taking a call with my headset. There must be a way to make the Pre automatically reconnect?
    I am using the Motorokr T505 form Motorola. It handles my phone calls over speaker/mic and streams music to radio. It has much more power than thise i phone adaptors - music is crisp and clear, good range and excellent base - just like your CD stereo player. And phone calls are clear too. See my longer coments in thread under acccesories: Motorokr T505 Rocks
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    This works great for me:

Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit - K33428US - Buy.com

A2DP, plugs into cigarette lighter, 3.5mm output plugs into AUX input on your car stereo, also works as a speaker phone using your car speakers (however, it does not have a very good microphone).

It has a USB output that can be used for charging. However, it will not power the touchstone. (I did get it to power the touchstone using a modified USB cable with wires 2 and 3 connected together. However, I have not had a chance to experiment to see if it put out enough juice to actually charge the phone through the TS when running pandora, etc.)

The remote mounts on your steering wheel and works for fwd, back, pause/play, and answering the phone.

Not bad for $30.
    Update- This device will drive the touchstone, but it is a pain. You have to use one of the USB gold connectors from monoprice, do the mod to tie the green and white wires together, and shave down the connector to fit into the touchstone.

In any event, it all is working great for me.

Cheers
    Ive been using an ipod dock and Insignia adapter in my car for over two years now!

Its a great system but I think the quality lacks on Pre (and my old Blackberry).

Im positive that the lack of quality is in the phones software because my laptop sounds beautiful connected via Bluetooth.

So if you want to be rediculous for great audio, just carry your laptop and use My Tether as a Router. Laptop as a music player. And bluetooth as a wireless connection to your stereo.

Works everytime.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Ok, my only option is to use an FM transmitter with my stereo. I'm tired of plugging it in everytime I enter the car. I'm looking at this Iphone device here and I am wondering if I can plug in the Sprint A2DP device to it and connect the PRe via BT to the FM transmitter? What do you guys think? P.S. the ipod connector is used for FM and the 3.5mm cable is used for calls on this device:

FM Transmitter For iPhone 3G (3G S), iPod Touch 2G, iPod Nano 4G, FM Transmitter
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I can't seem to find this anywhere. Buy.com has it for $40.

Anyone have an extra one they want to part with?>
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast