Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acheron800 View Post
    Thing blows.

Doesnt play the callers voice through the speakers and reception is very poor.

The female ipod > 3.5 mm cable works much better. I was kind of hoping this FIPO thing would work, but it is terrible, and the wire is 10x better, allows the callers voice too be heard through the speakers.
    Not sure why the reception was so bad for you. I've used it with a Pre, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 3GS. It works fantastic! I've stepped outside my car while playing music over the phone and still don't hear any static. Maybe you have some sort of interference with something else in the car?
    Works awesome on my alpine radio. Even changes the songs via the track forward/backward buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Not sure why the reception was so bad for you. I've used it with a Pre, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 3GS. It works fantastic! I've stepped outside my car while playing music over the phone and still don't hear any static. Maybe you have some sort of interference with something else in the car?
    Nope tried it in 2 cars with aftermarket ipod adapter that work great when wired directly to the ipod AND the pre. But sounds absolutely terrible over BT.

But what is the big deal if you cant hear the callers voice over the speakers?

That is why the cable is sweet, i play music, paused to voice nav commands, then also pauses when a call comes in and their voice comes over the speakers. Then after I hang up it goes right back to music.

I am curious to why it works over the ipod female > 3.5 cable but not over this BT?
    Mini Universal Dock AV adapter for iPod with Remote - eBay (item 230350655299 end time Jul-20-09 15:34:39 PDT)

I just picked one of these up off of ebay as well to see if it will control the pre via bluetooth. i plan on using this in my truck which just has an aux input.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acheron800 View Post
    Thing blows.

Doesnt play the callers voice through the speakers and reception is very poor.

The female ipod > 3.5 mm cable works much better. I was kind of hoping this FIPO thing would work, but it is terrible, and the wire is 10x better, allows the callers voice too be heard through the speakers.
    What you're describing is the classic "wrong tool for the job." This device is an A2DP Bluetooth stereo receiver. Thats one of many BT profiles available. The one you need is HFP (hands free profile.) Thats the one that would allow you to hear callers over the stereo.

Anycom is just for enjoying music wirelessly.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Just picked mine up today. Still working on routing the wire for my touchstone thats on its way. Sound quality is great, no static. As far as the caller no coming over the car speakers thats not too big and issue, still stops the music so I just answer using the phones speaker, and this way I can decide to answer on the handset if I have people in the car. Shocked that this thing was only 10 bucks.
    Pre
    ppcgeeks.com ---- ajk511
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    That was a great find. Perfect since I already routed an iPod cable a long time for my suburban. Nice solution for the touchstone too. Just wish it would pipe phone calls through, but for $10 I can live without that.
    I upgraded the stereo in my 2006 Scion XB when I bought it to the Pioneer Scion Branded radio with iPod support.

After reading this post I ran down to sprint and got the last one they had in stock in my home town.

Works very well. I do get the occasional skip mainly when listening to Pandora but sometimes when songs are changing, but i really think that is more the phone, not the device...

The one thing i have noticed is that if i leave it plugged in, when my car starts it shows a message "iPod Charge Error" or something close to that... I press a button to change the track and the error clears, the word "Bluetooth" appears on the display (of the radio) and everything works.

The other quirk i've noticed is the up/down buttons on my steering wheel only moves the playlist backwards no matter which button i press.

for $10 i can live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewser View Post
    I upgraded the stereo in my 2006 Scion XB when I bought it to the Pioneer Scion Branded radio with iPod support.

After reading this post I ran down to sprint and got the last one they had in stock in my home town.

Works very well. I do get the occasional skip mainly when listening to Pandora but sometimes when songs are changing, but i really think that is more the phone, not the device...

The one thing i have noticed is that if i leave it plugged in, when my car starts it shows a message "iPod Charge Error" or something close to that... I press a button to change the track and the error clears, the word "Bluetooth" appears on the display (of the radio) and everything works.

The other quirk i've noticed is the up/down buttons on my steering wheel only moves the playlist backwards no matter which button i press.

for $10 i can live with it.
    Yep. Same thing happens with my '07 Scion. I usually just change the input to something else and then right back to AUX to clear the "iPod Charge Error" message. For $10 though, it's a pretty sweet setup.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i understand why this would be great if you have an ipod adapter in your car but I dont understand why some people would get this and then an ipod adapter to plug into the aux input. Wouldnt it just be better to plug the pre directly into your aux input. That is what i do when I want to listen to music from the pre in my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw2121 View Post
    i understand why this would be great if you have an ipod adapter in your car but I dont understand why some people would get this and then an ipod adapter to plug into the aux input. Wouldnt it just be better to plug the pre directly into your aux input. That is what i do when I want to listen to music from the pre in my car.
    Well the advantage I see is to be wireless. I personally hate wires and don't like the looks of them draped around my car. The iPod bluetooth adapter can be hidden in the console or wherever else. It just looks a lot neater.
    i finally got my sprint fipo adapter and think it was an excellent buy for $10.
    it was easy to setup with no problems.

i hooked it up to an iHome ipod dock and the quality was ok. There was some static and I could hear the difference between using the 3.5 cable and listening to music over bluetooth.
    However, when I attached an external stereo with more powerful speakers to the ipod dock (using line out) the results were much much better. I couldn't hear any static. The sound was great. I wish I had another ipod dock to test it on but oh well. I think it was a great purchase.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Mike- can you let me know the name of the accessory item you are referring to? Also what is the difference from using a FM transmitter to play music from the Pre thru the car stereo? How does the item work? Thanks
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Works perfectly with my cigarette lighter iPod adapter and with my Belkin speaker system. There's a problem with using my earpiece, because my earpiece is A2DP compliant. Thus, I have to keep headset off until I turn on the car, then connect for phone only on the earpiece.

Still working on getting this part right. Sometimes it's easier to just hear the music in the earpiece; but on long trips, music on the car speaker system is awesome.
    What does your cigarette lighter adapter do? I have an older system (factory installed Mercedes stereo.) So there is no iPod AUX cable nor is there a standard 3.5mm input. I purchased an cigarette lighter FM/charger adapter for my iPod but obviously I can't use it for my Pre. I was wondering if I could use this device with my adapter and then get my Pre to play through my stereo speakers.

Can anybody tell me if this will work?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    What does your cigarette lighter adapter do? I have an older system (factory installed Mercedes stereo.) So there is no iPod AUX cable nor is there a standard 3.5mm input. I purchased an cigarette lighter FM/charger adapter for my iPod but obviously I can't use it for my Pre. I was wondering if I could use this device with my adapter and then get my Pre to play through my stereo speakers.

Can anybody tell me if this will work?
    Yeah, you're pre will just send the audio to the adapter on your iPod charger. It'll act the same as if an iPod were attached.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezalis View Post
    Yeah, you're pre will just send the audio to the adapter on your iPod charger. It'll act the same as if an iPod were attached.
    My Insignia just arrived at my office today so I ran out to the car to give it a test. After pairing with the Pre (easy), plugging it into my iTrip FM tuner (easy), and tuning into the right FM station, it worked! I also have an iPod dock connected to my home stereo and an iHome clock/alarm so I can't wait to test it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    My Insignia just arrived at my office today so I ran out to the car to give it a test. After pairing with the Pre (easy), plugging it into my iTrip FM tuner (easy), and tuning into the right FM station, it worked! I also have an iPod dock connected to my home stereo and an iHome clock/alarm so I can't wait to test it there.
    DonBakke, how do you like the sound quality when pairing your Pre with the bluteooth adapter and then broadcasting with an FM transmitter to your stereo?

That's the same setup that I'm using and I'm not impressed with the sound quality. I'm using the FIPO mentioned in this thread rather than the Insignia that you got.

The FIPO does work, and it doesn't skip or anything, but it isn't a very hi-fi experience. The sound output is pretty weak and tinny. The sound quality isn't nearly as good compared to when I used to connect my iPod to the FM transmitter. I expected the A2DP profile to be pretty high quality so I'm pretty disappointed with what I'm getting.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tilted View Post
    DonBakke, how do you like the sound quality when pairing your Pre with the bluteooth adapter and then broadcasting with an FM transmitter to your stereo?
    It's just okay for me. However, FM tuning hasn't always been hi-fi for me anyway. I have always gotten a fair amount of static. Overall I would say that the quality is similar to what I was getting with my iPod connected to the iTrip tuner.

However, I haven't actually used it too much in my car since I also just got my Motorola T505 speaker/FM tuner. That produces a much better sound and the phone interfacing is pretty good. So far I am very pleased.

My interest in the Insignia was sort of a backup to the Motorola T505 purchase in case it didn't work. Also, as mentioned in my previous post, I have a couple of iPod devices at home. The Insignia works great in my iHome clock/stereo but I can't seem to get any sound coming through my iPod docking station which is connected to my home stero. I am not sure why that is.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Wow, just ran to the Sprint store in Woodbridge, grabbed one...

and it works PERFECTLY!

I am using an iPod FM modulator and get the occasional static, but being able to stream over BT is NICE!

I have no aux inputs on my factory Jeep radio and am now torn between adding an iPod converter or aux input through my units FM thingy. I don't want to have to plug in the pre, so I will probably find one of those FM to iPod things like this...

and just take the quality hit as opposed to the line from the pre to an input

Decisions
    Two Anycom FIPO's did not work in my 08' Volkswagen GTI.
    I was able to control the Pre from my steering wheel controls but the audio quality was terrible and it would cyclically cut in and out making it useless.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast