Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hard to get a good range in my home due to brick and needing to go around corners. It seems to be 30 feet. It works great in my living room and kitchen and upstairs bathroom.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Works perfectly with a GROM audio interface installed in my daughter's car and only $10. Just awesome. Bought 3 at the local Sprint store. Thanks for the great find.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoteriX View Post
    What's the effective range like?
    We I have been using it in my car exclusively and I can say with the adapter hidden underneath the center console I get a perfect signal with the phone anywhere in the car and with 2-3 feet outside of the car - for example the phone continued playing while I was pumping gas.
    Anyone use this with DICE products? Just tried the FIPO with it and it won't turn on... Any ideas?
    I purchased this from a Sprint store today and it works great!

I'm using it in a 2007 Scion tC with the iPod connector. I plugged it into the connector, the blue light lit up, and I paired it with my phone. I then just set the head unit to use the iPod and the display changed to "Bluetooth".

I fired up Pandora on my phone and it played out of my car speakers. I also played mp3s on the phone and those worked perfectly too. I did not notice any sound cutouts and it was full stereo. Pretty impressive for $10!

Now I just need a good place to mount the phone so I can always see what's playing and this will be the perfect solution.
    i saw this yesterday on sprint's website and i'm going to go to my local sprint store and see if they have them in stock. so excited based on what has been said in this discussion so far.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Well crap!

Don't work on OEM Toyota Ipod interface. Doesn't even come on.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    So let me get this straight. This thing plugs into Ipod USB cable, correct? not an 1/8" headphone jack?

So music on phone gets transfered to this bluetooth adapter mimicking an ipod and then to the stereo? Does it transfer the text from the song as well?

So far this thing looks sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by wootang00 View Post
    Anyone use this with DICE products? Just tried the FIPO with it and it won't turn on... Any ideas?
    Hey woo. If the answer to my question above is true, and this thing connects through an ipod usb cable; then yes, it SHOULD work with DICE products. I havent tested it, but their products are controllable by both the ipod and the decks, meaning that the ipods have true control as opposed to the deck.

But then again, if you tried the FIPO, it may not; being as they look like the same devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by zaharris View Post
    So let me get this straight. This thing plugs into Ipod USB cable, correct? not an 1/8" headphone jack?

So music on phone gets transfered to this bluetooth adapter mimicking an ipod and then to the stereo? Does it transfer the text from the song as well?

So far this thing looks sweet.
    Yes, the iPod connector plugs into this device. The same connector that plugs into the bottom of the iPod. The device does not have a hole for a 1/8" headphone jack.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tominator View Post
    Well crap!

Don't work on OEM Toyota Ipod interface. Doesn't even come on.
    just Curious, does your oem iPod interface charge your ipod while you listen to it?

Because here's what I'm thinking. this device probably gets power from the iPod cable.

(Current owners, please confirm this. this device does not have a seperate power adapter, does it? The power comes on when plugged into the ipod cable, correct?)

What I am getting at, is if the setup you have only streams your music from your iPod and doesn't charge it. There would be no electrical current going in to power this adapter either. Rendering it unusable it certain car audio applications, such as older DICE systems and apparently OEM toyota ipod connectors.

Maybe we should start a list of incompatible setups.
    Be sure to list Year/Make/Model of car as well as Type and Model of Factory/Aftermarket Deck.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Yes, the iPod connector plugs into this device. The same connector that plugs into the bottom of the iPod. The device does not have a hole for a 1/8" headphone jack.
    sweet. does it transfer the text from the song to compatible decks as well?
    just Curious, does your oem iPod interface charge your ipod while you listen to it?
    Yes, mine does charge it, so the power is provided through that iPod cable. There is not another power source fed into the device.

sweet. does it transfer the text from the song to compatible decks as well?
    Mine does not transfer the text from the song. On my head unit, it displays "Bluetooth" when I'm using the device.
  13. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    oh snap deff gunna pick one of these up for my pioneer avic d3!
    can you use it in calls?
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    oh snap deff gunna pick one of these up for my pioneer avic d3!
    can you use it in calls?
    If you get a call, it stops the music and allows you to answer it. Once you hang up the call, it resumes the music playback.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Never thought to try Pandora. Excellent idea.
    Im not seeing the page, maybe my internet connection.
    Works perfectly with my cigarette lighter iPod adapter and with my Belkin speaker system. There's a problem with using my earpiece, because my earpiece is A2DP compliant. Thus, I have to keep headset off until I turn on the car, then connect for phone only on the earpiece.

Still working on getting this part right. Sometimes it's easier to just hear the music in the earpiece; but on long trips, music on the car speaker system is awesome.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Because here's what I'm thinking. this device probably gets power from the iPod cable.

(Current owners, please confirm this. this device does not have a seperate power adapter, does it? The power comes on when plugged into the ipod cable, correct?)

What I am getting at, is if the setup you have only streams your music from your iPod and doesn't charge it. There would be no electrical current going in to power this adapter either. Rendering it unusable it certain car audio applications, such as older DICE systems and apparently OEM toyota ipod connectors.

Maybe we should start a list of incompatible setups.
    Be sure to list Year/Make/Model of car as well as Type and Model of Factory/Aftermarket Deck.
    I don't have an Ipod, but the instructions [factory unit in '08 Xd] say that when you plug in the Ipod and hit the button on the radio it turns on the Ipod.

Not sure if it charges Ipod while in use but I came to the conclusion you did.
  19. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    my pioneer avic d3 gives me an error 11 and after it pair's the light goes out on the adapter
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Thing blows.

Doesnt play the callers voice through the speakers and reception is very poor.

The female ipod > 3.5 mm cable works much better. I was kind of hoping this FIPO thing would work, but it is terrible, and the wire is 10x better, allows the callers voice too be heard through the speakers.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast