Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67
  1.    #1  
    I bought it and got it professionally installed. Now my Pre looks all grainy like a cheap phone from china, and the swipes with a finger are much harder to perform.

    Stay away from IS and buy Phantom Skinz instead or something else.
  2. #2  
    thanks for this post
  3. #3  
    how much did you pay? total
  4. #4  
    This post sounds like BS. I just got IS professionally installed today and so far it looks amazing, and its not completely settled yet. Everyone that's looked at my pre so far can barely tell there's even a screen protector on it and though I haven't used my phone much since I got it put on earlier today, I've found that the swipes are just as responsive as they were before.

    Based on your post i'm guessing one of two things: 1) the person that put it on screwed up, or 2) you work for phantom skinz which is the only reason you would possibly recommend phantom skinz over the 4 or 5 other brands you could recommend including bodyguardz and best skin ever. From everything i've read online, it seems all the skins are pretty much identical and work the same way. I picked IS just to get it professionally installed. It was crazy expensive though, $30 for the skin and installation. It was worth it for me so I don't have to stress about getting bubbles, etc.
  5. #5  
    I can agree to this, that I'm not quite enjoying the invisible shield experience and am looking elsewhere. I was pretty careful with installing the skin, but the experience was just bleh IMO

    I was looking at Phantom Skinz and Boxwave... I was looking for a skin that is similar to the Power Support Anti-Glare skin, and I think the Boxwave is maybe the closest thing I can find to it.
  6. larnapp's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    This post sounds like BS. I just got IS professionally installed today and so far it looks amazing, and its not completely settled yet. Everyone that's looked at my pre so far can barely tell there's even a screen protector on it and though I haven't used my phone much since I got it put on earlier today, I've found that the swipes are just as responsive as they were before.

    Based on your post i'm guessing one of two things: 1) the person that put it on screwed up, or 2) you work for phantom skinz which is the only reason you would possibly recommend phantom skinz over the 4 or 5 other brands you could recommend including bodyguardz and best skin ever. From everything i've read online, it seems all the skins are pretty much identical and work the same way. I picked IS just to get it professionally installed. It was crazy expensive though, $30 for the skin and installation. It was worth it for me so I don't have to stress about getting bubbles, etc.
    +1

    I had my InvisibleShield professionally installed and I love it! It looks beautiful and even looks way less smudgy than my unprotected screen did all the time. For some reason, the texture of IS just doesn't show the greasy, smudgy screen.

    Only under very close inspection, you can see that it has a screen protector, but since you don't look at it very closely like that, in normal use conditions, and since the IS minimizes smudges, it actually looks much better than it did before the IS was installed.

    Keep in mind, it is a little grippier, but I actually like it and find that opening the slider is easier and the gestures are no problem at all (though they are different).
  7.    #7  
    I do not sell screen protectors and this is not BS. Could somebody post here and tell me that I'm wrong when I say that the Invisibleshield is grippier or makes the finger swipes harder than without it or with the factory installed screen protector? If somebody can correct me on this then call it BS.

    Anything that makes the finger swipes harder destroys the Pre experience IMO. Now, when I read emails on a white background I can tell there is a screen protector on it. I've used Boxwave screen protectors before on my Treo 755p and I could not tell there was something on the screen and from what I read on other threads the Phantom Skinz seems to be better than the Invisibleshield in those two aspects.

    The IS might be scratch resistant, but I use a case so I pretty much don't need that. The best use for the IS would be the back of the Pre because it gives you a good grip of the Palm Pre.
  8. Bebo77's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #8  
    i tried the invishield also... your finger lags across he Pre.. does not glide...

    i now have Gadget gaurd.. works much better.. bus is also not as thick...
  9. #9  
    I agree with the OP. Screen protectors ruin the Palm Pre experience. My buddy has one on his and it makes the thing lag bad because the capacitive touch sensitivity is greatly reduced.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  10. R3Z
    R3Z is offline
    R3Z's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I bought it and got it professionally installed. Now my Pre looks all grainy like a cheap phone from china, and the swipes with a finger are much harder to perform.
    Then they probably screwed up. Looking at the screen, I can NEVER tell their is a shield on it. Quit whining and learn to install it yourself next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    This post sounds like BS. I just got IS professionally installed today and so far it looks amazing, and its not completely settled yet. Everyone that's looked at my pre so far can barely tell there's even a screen protector on it and though I haven't used my phone much since I got it put on earlier today, I've found that the swipes are just as responsive as they were before.
    While the swipes aren't as "silky smooth" as they are on the naked phone, I have no trouble swiping at all and its just as responsive. I agree on the fact that everyone that looks at my phone can't even tell I have anything on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    For some reason, the texture of IS just doesn't show the greasy, smudgy screen.

    Only under very close inspection, you can see that it has a screen protector, but since you don't look at it very closely like that, in normal use conditions, and since the IS minimizes smudges, it actually looks much better than it did before the IS was installed.

    Keep in mind, it is a little grippier, but I actually like it and find that opening the slider is easier and the gestures are no problem at all (though they are different).
    Agreed on all of this. My screen is almost NEVER greasy or smudgy and a quick wipe on my short gets anything off.

    Yes it is a little grippier to hold, but thats what I LIKE about these things. I never feel like I'm going to drop it because I always have a hold on the phone. With it naked I always felt like it was going to slip out of my hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I do not sell screen protectors and this is not BS. Could somebody post here and tell me that I'm wrong when I say that the Invisibleshield is grippier or makes the finger swipes harder than without it or with the factory installed screen protector? If somebody can correct me on this then call it BS.

    Anything that makes the finger swipes harder destroys the Pre experience IMO. Now, when I read emails on a white background I can tell there is a screen protector on it. I've used Boxwave screen protectors before on my Treo 755p and I could not tell there was something on the screen and from what I read on other threads the Phantom Skinz seems to be better than the Invisibleshield in those two aspects.

    The IS might be scratch resistant, but I use a case so I pretty much don't need that. The best use for the IS would be the back of the Pre because it gives you a good grip of the Palm Pre.
    You want someone to tell you were wrong? Okay. You're wrong. On the fact that the experience is ruined. Yes its grippier. Thats the point. You're wrong that the finger swipes dont work. You're wrong that the screen looks grainy.

    And if you've got a case and you think a shield ruins the experience, why the HELL did you even buy one and then start complaining.

    And then to say that the best thing is it gives a good grip on the back of the Pre? YOU JUST SAID YOU HATE THAT ITS GRIPPY!!!!! MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I agree with the OP. Screen protectors ruin the Palm Pre experience. My buddy has one on his and it makes the thing lag bad because the capacitive touch sensitivity is greatly reduced.
    Well then he must have a defective phone, because I have no problems whatsoever.

    My gosh you guys are whiny prprpr!$cks$.
  11. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #11  
    I just installed my BSE skin yesterday, and I have to say even 10 min after letting it dry I could barely tell it was there. With the screen on, you can't see it period.

    Swipes and everything actually feel BETTER to me and it gives the phone a better grip in your hands. Along with that the phone just seems sturdier to me, maybe its just the added peace of mind but still..

    I'd recommend everyone put one of these skins on their Pre's.
  12. #12  
    My IS is fine. After a week or so it has virtually no visible orange peel. It is not as smooth as stock so people need to take that in consideration. No problems using it though. My problem is the Seidio holster lifts up the tabs on the back cover so it's only a matter of time before it starts coming off.
  13. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    My IS is fine. After a week or so it has virtually no visible orange peel. It is not as smooth as stock so people need to take that in consideration. No problems using it though. My problem is the Seidio holster lifts up the tabs on the back cover so it's only a matter of time before it starts coming off.
    Been following the forum since I got my Pre. I have since applied 2 BSE's and ripped them off due to the orange peel look. I LOVED the protection, grip, and piece of mind the skin offered, but I wasn't enjoying my pre. I left the second skin on for 8 days hoping the orange peel would go away, no luck. I currently have a RocketFish snap on case which looks great IMO in the silver/gunmetal finish. I have ordered a Brando UC screen protector bc they have always been reliable and undetectable on my Treos. I still have 1 BSE left and I am tempted to try it since some of you claim to not have the orange peel effect....I wonder if all BSE's are created equal or if some have the orange peel and some are smooth?
  14. YafaKlan's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #14  
    i got an invisible shield on my pre and i installed it myself. no problems whatsoever with lagging or a not so smooth feel.

    i actually like it better than the invisible shield that was on my centro. on the centro it would make using the stylus a little weird.

    but on the pre, its great. great grip. awesomeprotection (totally scratchproof, i use invisible shield on all my devices).
  15. #15  
    just wanted to add my 2 cents.

    i used the invisible shield and took it off yesterday.

    i got it installed at best buy. but to be fair i don't think the guy did a good job. while i liked the protection i do feel like swiping was much harder and not as smooth with the shield on there. additionally, when i took it off, the screen looked sooo much better. it was brighter and crisper.

    with the IS, i also had tiny horizontal lines that you could really only see on webpages mainly because they had white backgrounds..but it made the phone look cheap. i can't say if this was because of the install or the product. but i definitely didn't like the feel of the IS..however, i don't know if having scratches on my screen outweighs the negatives at this point.

    i might try something else before i order a replacement IS.
  16. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Been following the forum since I got my Pre. I have since applied 2 BSE's and ripped them off due to the orange peel look. I LOVED the protection, grip, and piece of mind the skin offered, but I wasn't enjoying my pre. I left the second skin on for 8 days hoping the orange peel would go away, no luck. I currently have a RocketFish snap on case which looks great IMO in the silver/gunmetal finish. I have ordered a Brando UC screen protector bc they have always been reliable and undetectable on my Treos. I still have 1 BSE left and I am tempted to try it since some of you claim to not have the orange peel effect....I wonder if all BSE's are created equal or if some have the orange peel and some are smooth?
    I received and installed two yesterday, and neither had orange peel and both went on flawlessly.

    As far as people saying the swiping is slightly compromised... you either have girly hands or are just extremely fragile... Sure its a little different, but if some of you didn't bring it up I wouldn't even have noticed it..

    For me it doesn't effect performance at all, sure it is different than a naked phone but it doesn't degrade performance or usage, for me.
  17.    #17  
    FYI, the Invisibleshield guy who installed it did an awesome job! Zero bubbles and nothing is sticking out. The problem is the material itself. My Pre looks like it has an orange texture and the screen feels grippier. So the experience is not as smooth as it was designed to be. I love my Pre the way it was designed to be used and I'm not changing that experience for a $30 invisibleshield. I'm gonna take it off once I get my Phantom Skinz. And if it still doesn't give me a smooth texture then I'm keeping it naked.
  18. fareal's Avatar
    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #18  
    I first installed a BSE on my Pre. I then read that the Phantom Skinz were not as grippy, so I ordered a set (comes with 2) I now have the Phantom Skinz installed and I'm much happier. The gestures are smoother and the view is clearer. Big difference in my opinion.
  19. PreGk's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #19  
    I really don't understand how some people have the orange peel texture and some don't.....different versions of the skins maybe? Doesn't make sense to me.
  20. #20  
    My IS works great. I have even dropped the phone on pavement and luckily did not crack the screen. Not a single scratch on the Pre. Works great but it does seem to mess with my zoom in gesture sometimes. Anything that will keep my device in tip top shape so I can sell it for damn near what I bought it for is a huge plus imo. Seems more people have praise for the IS and the Phantom Skinz over other brands. IS is ideal for the back of the device because if you have sticky hands the grip is pretty crazy.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions