Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,

for anyone trying to get their hands on a Jawbone 2 for cheap, I went on Ebay and got one for $45 including free shipping.

• They have the buy now price at about $55 dollar.
    • Make an offer for $45 and you'll probably get it like me.
    • Try your luck at a lower price; tried $40 and no go!

Aliph Jawbone 2 Black Headset - NEW RETAIL BOXED - eBay (item 280353834241 end time Jul-03-09 09:57:55 PDT)

I think the seller has over 300 left, so you can get multiples if you want and could probably offer an even lower price.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Can you tell us your personal experience about Jawbone 2 with Pre in windy conditions?
    does it beep all the time? When I had original Jawbone and Palm 755p - the sound quality was just OK, build quality was just OK, it made beeping noises all the time- when it would go to sleep and wake up every 4-5 minutes you would get an unexplained beep in your ear. But most importantly there was no improvement in noise reduction over its cheaper competetion... I sold mine very quickly...

Any other good brands of bluetooth you can suggest- what about MOTOROLA S9-HD STEREO BLUETOOTH HEADPHONS

MOTOROLA S9-HD BLUETOOTH STEREO HEADPHONE HEADSET S9HD - eBay (item 390059530889 end time Jul-15-09 18:20:45 PDT)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I should be receiving my J2 on this coming week; so no personal experience yet. The reason I got it was based on the recommendation of some of the people here who use it. What i got from them was that it worked great for them compared to other bluetooth headsets they've tried.

So pretty much I was in the same boat as you up until today when I made a decision on the J2. I really hope that the J2 does not have the same problems as the J1 that you mentioned!

The main reason for my original post was for anyone who after doing research had decided to also get a J2.

Once I get it and try it for a day or two, I'll write a review.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    this has nothing to do with the pre. move it to a diff forum
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    this has nothing to do with the pre. move it to a diff forum
    Take a chill pill captain anal. Posted in here instead of Palm Pre bluetooth by accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by bretov View Post
    Can you tell us your personal experience about Jawbone 2 with Pre in windy conditions?
    does it beep all the time? When I had original Jawbone and Palm 755p - the sound quality was just OK, build quality was just OK, it made beeping noises all the time- when it would go to sleep and wake up every 4-5 minutes you would get an unexplained beep in your ear. But most importantly there was no improvement in noise reduction over its cheaper competetion... I sold mine very quickly...

Any other good brands of bluetooth you can suggest- what about MOTOROLA S9-HD STEREO BLUETOOTH HEADPHONS

MOTOROLA S9-HD BLUETOOTH STEREO HEADPHONE HEADSET S9HD - eBay (item 390059530889 end time Jul-15-09 18:20:45 PDT)
    Thread should be MOVED.

My Jawbone is great in the wind WHEN I'M TALKING. While they're talking, they can hear all the wind. It blocks out background noise while you're talking only because that's the only time it can distinguish what is background noise. They'll hear you loud and clear, but they'll also hear the wind of the windows down while they're talking to you.

Love the fit, look and performance, just set your expectations correctly.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    The Jawbone is nice..and the Blueant is nicer.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    I believe your problem with the beeping was due to the crappy bluetooth radio in the Treo line. I have the Jawbone 1 and it would beep when it lost and regained a connection to the phone, which happened quite frequently on my 700P running the 755 ROM (even when it was running the 700P ROM).

As far at the S9's, I have the non HD ones and they work well. Audio quality wise they don't provide hardly any bass. I have not tried them in a phone conversation, only music. They were given to me so I'm not complaining.
    A coworker got the S9 HD model, which I tested, and with SRS WOW HD™ technology enabled the music did sound better and contained better bass. Again, I did not test these in a phone conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by bretov View Post

Last edited by NachoB; 06/28/2009 at 02:43 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers