Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright guys, I just received a rubberized hard case for my pre that I ordered off of ebay (from the company "cellbatt"). It was $7.49 shipped. I got the black version, and it fits perfectly. The pre is still easy to slide open, the gesture area is not covered, the case is easy to grip, and you can access all buttons/charger port. I've only had it on for literally about 5 minutes, but I think it was a great buy, and better than waiting to spend $30 on the seidio case (since i do not have, and do not plan on getting a touchstone). It also adds a little bit of bulk to the phone, but that can be expected from a hard case. It doesnt add too much that it bothers me though. The only problem I had with the case was putting it on. I forgot that I had the invisible shield on the front, so when I tried to put the front cover on, one of the corner/side pieces of the invisible shield got caught and pulled off. I ended up cutting that part off (since the hard case covers it) and then put the front cover on. Once I realized i needed to be careful about the edges of the invisible shield, i just pulled the case outwards a little when putting it on, and it went on fine. I recommend anyone buy one of these off of ebay before spending $30 on the seidio hard case that they are coming out with if you do not use a touchstone. This case also has the optional belt clip that came with it, just in case.

Edit: Here's one downfall that might bother some- I just plugged in my pre to charge, and with it won't slide shut because of the case. It doesnt bother me, as it is just sitting there charging, and if I use it, it will be to text.

Update: Well, since using the phone with the case all day, I've noticed one or two things. Pushing the power button now takes some getting used to, since you are pressing your finger down in between the case for the front and the case for the back, but this will happen on all hard cases. It's nothing hard, but just different than the power button usually sticking up (without the case). Also, i've noticed that the case makes it a little bit more difficult to reach the top row of keys. I can still get to them fine, but I think I remember people talking about how they were hard to get to anyways. I still think they are pretty easy to get to, I just notice myself touching the case when I do push them. I still think this is a great case, and do not have any complaints that would warrant me to even think about pulling it off.
    Last edited by mustangmelish; 06/27/2009 at 10:36 PM.
    can you take some pictures?

also does it mess up the the proximity sensor on the phone when you are using it?

thanks!
  3.    #3  

Any other specific pictures?

heatbball- the proximity sensor still works during a call.
    nice review
    Nice, imma hold out for the Seido one though, it needs to be compatible with my touchstone.
    looks just like the one I got from handhelditems. I love mine so much I order a blue one and red one. Its a perfect fit too.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Mine is on its way. Ibought it at 2am and it was shipped 2 hours later.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot for the review! I was looking at ordering one of those ebay and wasn't sure if it'd fit over my best skin ever, but now that I know it will I'll be ordering one soon.
    thanks so much for the review and pics. : )

Do you think it offers any protection from a fall/drop?
  10.    #10  
    Yes, I do think it will protect the pre from a fall/drop. I think the case will probably get messed up a decent amount if its a big fall, since its thin plastic (like all hard cases), but messing up the case is much better than messing up the phone. With small drops, im sure the case will protect the phone fine and the case will just end up with some scratches. It seems to be pretty sturdy.

Digink- just be careful when you put the case over the skin. I only had the IS on the front, but the case fit so I'm sure it will on the back too. Just remember that when you are putting the case on, put one side on (left or right, top or bottom), and then kind of stretch the other side outwards a little to try and get it over the skin. If you just drag the case down on top of the skin when trying to put it on, it will most likely pull it up or rip it like it did to one corner of mine. If you pull the case outwards a little like you are trying to stretch it, it should go over the skin fine.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    Yes, I do think it will protect the pre from a fall/drop. I think the case will probably get messed up a decent amount if its a big fall, since its thin plastic (like all hard cases), but messing up the case is much better than messing up the phone. With small drops, im sure the case will protect the phone fine and the case will just end up with some scratches. It seems to be pretty sturdy.

Digink- just be careful when you put the case over the skin. I only had the IS on the front, but the case fit so I'm sure it will on the back too. Just remember that when you are putting the case on, put one side on (left or right, top or bottom), and then kind of stretch the other side outwards a little to try and get it over the skin. If you just drag the case down on top of the skin when trying to put it on, it will most likely pull it up or rip it like it did to one corner of mine. If you pull the case outwards a little like you are trying to stretch it, it should go over the skin fine.
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks!
    looks great. thanks for the review and pictures

also do you know if it will work with the touchstone?
    Last edited by Andre_3000; 06/28/2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    thanks so much. i think i'm going to order one now. if precentral permits, can you please post the link?

i'm also wondering if i could put the cased-Pre inside a horizontal holster without any problems. i sometimes wear pants that are relatively tight and feel that pocketing the pre would tweak it in the long run. i'm also uncomfortable exposing the screen to anything in my pocket.

if the pre were as durable as say, the blackbettery storm, i wouldn't be worrying so much.
  14.    #14  
    New Palm Pre Rubber Plastic Hard Cover Case Black that is the link to the store of the seller i bought from (i bought off of ebay). I don't know how much shipping is on that website, but on ebay i got the case for 7.49 shipped.

Andre- I don't know if the case will work with the touchstone, as I don't have one.

excpre- im honestly not sure if it will fit in a holster with this case on it. The holsters are usually decently tight as is so that the phone will not bounce around in the holster, so with this added bulk, its going to either be really tight in the holster, or just not fit. I wish i had a holster i could test out for you, but I don't. My guess, though, is that it won't fit.
    Last edited by mustangmelish; 06/28/2009 at 04:21 PM.
    thanks. well i ordered it off that site earlier. the shipping on the site gives you a bunch of different prices and options (ground, next day, etc. and prices range from $7-30) so once i receive the case i'll test it out on the touchstone and in the horizontal case (which i highly doubt it will fit).
    So this case definately will fit over a pre with a skin installed? I wonder why the Rocketfish one won't.

Can I see pics of the belt clip, fron't back? Thanks
  17.    #17  
    Tech- its a close fit with the IS on the front, but it does fit. It is harder to get on, and you have to be careful, but I have the case on with theIS on the front of my pre. I have noticed that where the case clamps onto the screen, there are indentions in the IS, but are barely noticeable sine they are on the edge of the screen. I have to turn the phone at an angle in the light to see them. This just shows how tight of a fit the case is. I'm guesing since it fits with the IS on the front that it will fit with the IS on the back. I will also get pics of the belt clip later, as I'm not using it and I'm on my pre right now at school.
    Would you mind showing a pic from the top also? I'd like to see if it has the notches for Rocketfish holster compatability.

Thanks!
  19.    #19  
    Guido- will do. Ill get those pictures up this afternoon when I get home from class
  20.    #20  

On the picture with the belt clip- i dont have the clip "installed" (just a screw into the piece that holds it on) but i held the clip up to the case, just like it would be if it were on there.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast