Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    sweet, exactly the news i've been looking for. picked up a silicone case off eBay... worst waste of $5 shipped from hong kong ever!!!
    I had purchased one of these soft or rubberized cases for the Pre. Heck, I have about 10 cases, all of them suck.

However, the soft or jelly silicone case which I used on my Treo is my favorite one.

The one for the Pre has some issues.

For one, they made a coating on it to stop it from getting dust stuck to it.

That coat causes the case not to stay on. The one on the old Treo was wrapped all around the Treo and was like a sock. There was no way for it to come off.

However, because we have two pieces the front and the back, it just falls off.

I solved the problem by just spraying the insides of the casing with Photo Mount. Its a very lite coating and if I decide to take it off, I can clean off the glue (it's sort of sticky like a PostIT, just enough to keep it on).

I'm going to cut out a portion of the back so that it can handle the Touchstone.

I'm sure all of these companies are testing this junk out on us, but will eventually get it right.

And for me, most of this stuff was so cheap that it almost doesn't pay to send it back.

But I guess they know that too!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Here are some pics if you want to see. I have yet to cut out the back!

I hope I posted these correctly!

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Update: I found out that it can charge through the Touchstone without cutting out the back if it's placed on just at the sweet spot. But because the silicone is a bit slippery it can move and then stop charging. It has to be just so. But I will still cut out the back.

Honestly, I keep switching from this to nothing to back again. I am getting used to having the Pre in its little sack that came with it. And I use a $5 (street vendor) belt case, the same as the one Sprint charges for the Palm one, that I think costs $30.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I just ordered mine
    has anyone tried cellbatts screen protector? it's listed on their ebay store
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    update: so i bought NEW HARD RUBBER SKIN CASE COVER FOR SPRINT PALM PRE - eBay (item 250463793561 end time Aug-12-09 03:18:56 PDT)
    for 3 bucks( yea they raise the price)
    it was shipped from hong kong so it took a while to get here (but it's free shipping so it's good)

anyways i'll try to describe the case as best as i can without taking pictures because i dont think they would help all that much since most of these hard cases look the same and the details lies in things that doesnt help with a picture.

the case could be better, like more beveling so it doesnt feel so rough on the edges (the roughness is the same as without the case tho) there's beveling on the volume and microUSB but none on the power button (from the top cover) but i keep in mind that it's a 3 dollar case. the feel of the case is exactly the same as any other tech product that you have (exactly the same as the logitech MX1000 mouse) that has that grip paint on it.

you can get the case in black or white, but the plastic's color is white, so that means when they put the black grip paint on there the inside of the case doesn't get painted (why would it?). This means the EDGES(you know the thickness) of the case is also white and you can really see that when you slide the phone open but it's still visible when it's closed. but easy solution is to just use a black sharpy and color the edges. works out just fine if you dont leer at it or make the point of remembering you painted it.

both front and back of the case have little tabs that grips onto the two halfs of the phone. so it kinda prys the two halfs a part a little to get it to stay on the phone. that is probably going to be the same as all the cases for this phone but that's just a mention.

the case fits pretty well but in some areas it could be closer to the case. in that department i think it really depends on which case you get.

personally i will stick with this case for a while to see how long it last, as i dont think the tabs will stay unbroken forever. when it does i'll try out another similar hard case.

and no, this will not work on touchstone. i dont have one but i know it wont work by looking at the case itself. you can put the phone with this case in the pouch that came with pre if you turn the pouch inside out (orange is outside)

reply if you want more description or actual pictures (tho i dont know if they will help)
    Last edited by Hyperian; 07/24/2009 at 01:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    cool case
    ok, so i got the replacement one and I can't get this to fit over the phone. i have body guardz skin on, could that be the culprit? and while i was trying to put the cover on, one of the little clips that holds the phone in place snapped off. im not that impressed with this cover. and one more the thing, the front and back covers aren't even the same color. the back is slightly darker than the front.

i'll have to return this. are people not having problems putting this case on?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    ok, so i got the replacement one and I can't get this to fit over the phone. i have body guardz skin on, could that be the culprit? and while i was trying to put the cover on, one of the little clips that holds the phone in place snapped off. im not that impressed with this cover. and one more the thing, the front and back covers aren't even the same color. the back is slightly darker than the front.

i'll have to return this. are people not having problems putting this case on?

The front and back covers are the exact same color on mine.
    just picked one up...
    Quote Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post
    The front and back covers are the exact same color on mine.
    did you get it from cellbatt.com?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    did you get it from cellbatt.com?
    Yes from his ebay site.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i think every dealer on ebay and else where have mostly the same case but with little differences so that might be why some people got theirs to work and some dont.

the case on mine are the same color both front and back

i have phantom skinz on the phone and it's fine with the case. you reallly only need the front phantom skins but if you have both front and back on your phone it the case will still fit fine.

i dont know if it matters but on phantom skins there are little 'fingers' that protects the 4 corners, they were so annoying i cut them since it would get covered by the case anyway.

the little hinges that grabs onto the phone isnt gonna last forever. im pretty sure if you take the case on/off enough it will just break off.
    so i tried putting the case again, and i was able to get most of the clips on. some just wouldn't because it seems overall the case is just too small. anyways, took it back off because the clip on the left hand side would press down on the volume down button whenever the phone was slid open. not cool at all. so not i'm going to look into get a silicone case.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Okay, I just ordered one of these Hard Rubberized cases from handhelditems, they had a good deal going where you got the case, a screenshield, and a car charger (who knows if that will work) for about fifteen bucks, and with the current coupon promotion they got going it was all super cheap.

I'll post my experience with it
    Got my cellbatt case today. Installation was a piece of cake, just snapped it on with the first try. I like the feel and it doesn't add a lot of bulk. Access to the USB port is a bit more challenging but not overly so, but I was used to sliding it open to get to the door already.

Also I now have to use the side of my thumb to hit the on/off button at the top. Used to be I'd just grab the phone and press.

No problems with typing even with the top row. Swipes and edges of screen is a bit constrained but nothing bad. Just need to get used to it.

Overall, minor adjustments and I like it so far. Will have to see how it goes the next few days.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i just got something similar to this! good review!
    got my case today - super quick ship - as previous posters have said, the edging of the case is white - looks horrible, but i used a sharpie and looks fine now. they really should take the time and paint this part too! geez maybe charge 7-8$ !
    snapped on easily, feels secure. i love the way it feels - a bit rubber or at least easy to grip - not slick. is tricky to get to the power button, must use side of thumb or finger. also comes with clip, but i won't be installing that.
    overall i like the case and for $5.75 shipped don't think you can beat it!
    Thanks for the tip. I ordered 2 and got them today. They fit great over my IS. Also, it does work with the Touchstone, except......it will not hold it tight to the Stone. You have to kind of prop it against it. The little square hole in the back is if you want to install the plastic clip on the case. If you don't, there is just enough magnetism to let the charge get through the square hole.
    "My nose is growing old!"
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast