Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I just received mine today. I will be asking for a replacement. There are tabs near each corner which help attach the case to the Pre. Two of the tabs on the back of mine appear to be missing and it will not stay in place. Also, several places are missing the rubberized painting around the edges. It is very noticeable because the core plastic is white and it sticks out.

If it were painted properly and the tabs were not missing, it appears to be a decent case. At least for ~$10.

To answer a few questions.

1. Yes, the screen would be facing out while using the belt clip.
    2. No. I do not see any way this would fit in any holster. It probably adds 3/8" - 1/4" to the size of the Pre.
    3. Hole in the back is for the belt clip. No idea if it will work with the Touchstone.
    Does the case have a rubberized grippy feel or is it more of a hard plastic slippery?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePre View Post
    Does the case have a rubberized grippy feel or is it more of a hard plastic slippery?

Thanks!
    It's a soft slightly textured matte paint feel. I wouldn't call it rubbery. It is less rubbery than my old Motorola Q with the Grey Sprint rubbery casing. If you are familiar with that.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    You must have a different case than me. Mine definitely does have a rubbery feel.
    Can you remove the back to take out the battery without removing the case.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I bought mine from the company on ebay as well.. I have the original screen protector that came on the phone and my case fits like a gem. I havent tried to charge it on the touchstone yet but the back definately fits over the magnetic touchstone rear cover. I didnt get a clip with mine even thought there is a square cutout on the rear of my case. I also ordered the seidio clip to be used without the case so i would have options. It should be here tomorrow. If you order the case make sure its the updated version, the original model had fitment problems.

goodluck.
    I just got mine in the mail, but I'm afraid to put it on after looking through the pictures in this thread. Is it just me, or does it look like its prying your Pre apart at the seams? Your phones seem to be a lot looser looking (lots of space between the seams on the two halves) then mine does at the moment.
    OK it it 7/8/09 and I can't order it yet from there websight?? ( The Seidio Case ) What gives..??
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ok i got the seidio holster today.. it is fabulous.. fits like a charm and even has a nice and fuzzy surface so when your phone is clipped in face first it will not get scratched.. I like it.. it swivels and is made of quality material. the only issue i can think of is that its not easy to release your phone from this holster with one hand since it has a spring loaded clip at the top. You almost have to hold it open with one hand and remove the phone with the other. I thought it would have only an open and shut capability. Also unless you can hear your alerts or phone ring you will not see anything unless you remove the phone from the holster. All in all excellent product I just wanted to give my review. I will keep this holster and the case from ebay and use them interchangeably.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I just got mine in the mail, but I'm afraid to put it on after looking through the pictures in this thread. Is it just me, or does it look like its prying your Pre apart at the seams? Your phones seem to be a lot looser looking (lots of space between the seams on the two halves) then mine does at the moment.

if your talking about the plastic case it doesnt do that at all or maybe by a millimeter.. the space you see is the seperation between the two case pieces.. the pre is just fine and the very very small fasteners do not obstruct the movement at all. I got mine from a company called digimobilesource on ebay for $9.95.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Got m case from cellbat, fast shipping I ordered sunday and it came wednesday morning! I can confirm that the top buttons may be impacted by the case, but it is minimal. For instance I've been typing this message on the pre and up until this point my fingers have only hit the top twice. And as you can see allot of these characters are on the top row.

This case is a great value and as soon as I put it on I knew that this was the material the pre should have been made with all along. The case gives more hand grip, shows less fingerprints, and doesn't cause the pre to slide off flat surfaces where it could fall and get damaged.

As for the belt clip, it seems like a waste of plastic. Its too unsightly and if you wanted to use it the plastc pholder would have to be permanately attached to the pre, meaning the pre couldnt lie flat on any surface, it'd have a permanent bump
    . Did I also mention the clear plastic looks like it belongs on the back of a mid 1990s pager?
    Last edited by agent2099; 07/08/2009 at 03:06 PM.
    They are sending me a replacement. I guess we will see if it is any different.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    ... It was $7.49 shipped. I got the black version, and it fits perfectly. ...
    It looks like they lowered the price.

Quote Originally Posted by roninj View Post
    I got mine off of ebay for $5.50 with free shipping. ...
    Don't be like me and forget to apply the 10% off coupon from cellbatt on ebay. (Hence I paid $5.75 shipped.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So does anyone know if this case will work with touchstone? because i am waiting to know because i will buy a touchstone later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    2. No. I do not see any way this would fit in any holster. It probably adds 3/8" - 1/4" to the size of the Pre.
    I found a leather case at walmart for $10 that is wide enough to fit a Pre w/rubberized case on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    They are sending me a replacement. I guess we will see if it is any different.
    Just received my replacement. Definitely a different case then the original I received. The plastic itself is different. This plastic is black and definitely less rigid than the previous case (which was made of a white plastic core).

Also the molding is different.

The number on the first one I received was 24-17309-50-579. The new one is 27-17439-50-579.
    Just ordered mine. I'll post my experience when it arrives.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    FYI, don't get the case with gems(it was for my wife's phone). Those ones cover up the proximity sensor and makes it not work any more. The regular ones don't cover that upper right section so it should work just fine.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I want one but I'll also be ordering the 2600 mAh battery so it wont fit.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Just a note, after seeing the Seidio Innocase, which this resembles, this case is definitely thicker, and the buttons are definitely more difficult to access. That being said, it is a very good case, and for $5, it is a no brainer.

Also, if you're paying more than about $6 with shipping, you are paying too much!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast