Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Does anyone here use the Smartphone Experts side pouch to carry their Pre? If so what do you think of it. I was using the palm leather side case but the tab piece on the inside cover for the pull tab presses right up against the screen of my palm pre and unfortunately creates a dent right in the middle of my invisible shield. As such I don't want to use the palm side case anymore as I'm afraid it could permanently damage my invisible shield. Therefore, I am looking at the smartphone experts side pouch as a possible alternative. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I just got my Pre tonight at Sprint company store. Picked up Touchstone and Palm case at 20% off buying 2 accessories. The salesman told me to load Pre with face to back of case. Ribbon and/or magnet in cover could damage screen over time. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyong80 View Post
    Does anyone here use the Smartphone Experts side pouch to carry their Pre? If so what do you think of it. I was using the palm leather side case but the tab piece on the inside cover for the pull tab presses right up against the screen of my palm pre and unfortunately creates a dent right in the middle of my invisible shield. As such I don't want to use the palm side case anymore as I'm afraid it could permanently damage my invisible shield. Therefore, I am looking at the smartphone experts side pouch as a possible alternative. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I have experienced the exact same problem and have since stopped using the Palm Side Case. Even though you put the Pre in correctly, facing the back, the ribbon pull causes some weird wrinkles in the IS.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    100% agreed; I'm having the same issue despite the screen facing me/the belt clip. It makes sense--10+ times per day that little ribbon zips past a point on the screen; it's like buffing it in a bad way!

I'm getting a Smartphone Experts side pouch and I will try to report asap...
    the SPE side pouch is bueno!

Takes a week to break in (magnetic closure to snap quickly) - but it's a great case
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Got the case--it's very nice overall. I LOVE the soft inside lining sans ribbon to damage my screen! I am going to try to return the case from Palm because of that issue.

Positives for the SPE case: Well-made, nice fit, smooth, easy removal with pusing from below

Negatives: A bit bulkier than the palm case (minimal no doubt but I can feel it on my hip a hair more), leather not quite as smooth/handsome

In all: a better bargain and a better case! Recommended.
    Will this fit a pre with an innocase?
    What I am missing from all the cases I have looked at is that none of them have a provision for the headphone jack!!!! How hard can it be to make a hole in the right place so you can use headphones while you have your pre in the case? I mean come on people....the phone has 8 GB of storage, it can stream from Pandora, it has a decent built in media player, it can multitask just fine....why oh why can't we get a case with a hole for the head phone jack so we can listen to music while working out, jogging, or, in my case, mowing the lawn??

I am stuck using the case from my HTC Touch, there is just enough room so that I can plug my headphones in.

Someone please take note and fix this GLARING omission!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    What I am missing from all the cases I have looked at is that none of them have a provision for the headphone jack!!!! How hard can it be to make a hole in the right place so you can use headphones while you have your pre in the case? I mean come on people....the phone has 8 GB of storage, it can stream from Pandora, it has a decent built in media player, it can multitask just fine....why oh why can't we get a case with a hole for the head phone jack so we can listen to music while working out, jogging, or, in my case, mowing the lawn??

I am stuck using the case from my HTC Touch, there is just enough room so that I can plug my headphones in.

Someone please take note and fix this GLARING omission!!
    Seidio has a plastic holster that has a hole for the headphone jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    Seidio has a plastic holster that has a hole for the headphone jack.
    Yeah I saw that...but I really don't like plastic holsters, and also, I don't think it can accomodate a Pre with a bigger back cover which I will need since I am getting either a Seidio 2600 or a Amzer 2800.

I'd much rather have a leather pouch, I have had bad experiences with plastic stuff.

Thanks though!