Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    LiquidAUX™ Bluetooth® Car Kit - K33428US - Kensington

Got it in today, hooked it up during lunch, and I LOVE IT!!!

The little steering wheel remote is AWESOME!!! The Pre works very well with it. I was jammin' out, I got a call, hit the phone button and I was talking. Person on the other end heard me fine. Call was over, hit the phone button again, music started right back up.

Only complaint is that there is some interference noise when there is no sound, i'll mess with that later. But since I listen to my music loud, it's not that big an issue.

It even has an open USB port that I can charge my Pre until I get the Touchstone rigged up in my car.

REMEMBER!! This is for cars with an AUX input for the stereo, it DOES NOT have an FM transmitter.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  2.    #2  
    Oh, and I got it on Buy.com for $56 w/2nd Day delivery.
    Cool so this should work with a cassette adapter.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Definitely looks like a "win" for Pandora!
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ¡ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    It even has an open USB port that I can charge my Pre until I get the Touchstone rigged up in my car.
    I don't see usb power specs on the specsheet. Please let us know if you get enough power out of the usb port to charge the Pre.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by musk View Post
    I don't see usb power specs on the specsheet. Please let us know if you get enough power out of the usb port to charge the Pre.
    I'm not sure, but I was using Pandora in the car while charging and the battery level increased at a normal rate. I'll have to try with Sprint Nav running since i hear that that is the real test.

PS. I tried plugging the Touchstone in to it and it did not work.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, this morning on my 15 minute commute to work, I had Bluetooth on (obviously), Pandora streaming on high quality and Sprint Nav telling me how to get to work. Started the trip at 35% battery life and ended at 35%.

So even tho we don't know the actual mA number, the Kensington USB port has enough power to at least maintain the Pre under heavy load (which is more than I hear about many car chargers).
    i know this is an old post, but the liquidaux seems to be the most promising addition to my car and pre. it seems the usb port wont work with the touchstone, which is ok, and aside from the reported noise when music is off, this device still seems the best route. one question though, how is the sound quality during playback? any noticeable static or distortion? i own a scosche bluetooth to aux adapter that functions similarly but certain frequencies come out distorted, even with pre volume low and head unit volume high. any help is appreciated. thanks.
    Last edited by zeigan; 08/30/2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'd be very curious about the sound quality as well. I've used the Sprint/Anycom FIPO unit and it just isn't working nicely from a sound quality perspective.

If a LiquidAUX user sees this, could you post some commentary on the audio quality?

Regards,
    -Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greggerm View Post
    I'd be very curious about the sound quality as well. I've used the Sprint/Anycom FIPO unit and it just isn't working nicely from a sound quality perspective.

If a LiquidAUX user sees this, could you post some commentary on the audio quality?

Regards,
    -Greg
    I'm thinking of picking one up too, so I'm very interested to hear about the sound quality as well. Also, this is now $35 at buy.com.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Mine sounds fine to me. Much better than when using an fm transmitter to connect to the car stereo. I think there are issues with a2dp in general, no matter what receiver you use.

I think the microphone is pretty bad- callers have difficulty hearing me.

$35 and free shipping: Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit - K33428US - Buy.com

The usb power port WILL power the touchstone, BUT you will need to use a modified USB cable and connect the green and white wires together. I am using a 'gold' one from monoprice.com that works fine. I also tried it with a mod'ed generic usb cable and it would not work. At least this works in my Yukon.

USB mod here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tone-dock.html

Love this thing!!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Can I make it so this just uses A2DP and doesn't handle my phone calls, so I can still use the handset?

I haven't added any bluetooth devices to my phone yet, so if it's something the phone is capable of, sorry.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Bought it this today on Amazon for 25$, can't wait to set it up when it gets here on Tuesday. I'll give my impressions then.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    I did notice that sometimes if it has been left plugged in, it will not automatically re-pair with my pre. Have not investigated further as I normally unplug it when I turn off the car.

As to using the handset for phone calls, I think it might work if you answer from the phone rather than using the remote. Again, have not checked into it so I can't say for sure.

Hope it works out for you!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Oh mannnnn I love this thing. Installed it today in a snap, hooked up to my car's tape deck and it sounds great.

Personally, I can't tell any difference in audio quality and it's not quiet at all. In fact, I can turn my phone volume all the way up without any distortion and keep my stereo at a lower volume. I also hear no buzzing or any noise, maybe a quiet hum if there's nothing playing but it's not distracting in the least.

The mic is pretty close to directly in front of me and people still say I sound far away. Don't think of it as a bluetooth headset, more of a glorified speakerphone. It'll do the job, but it won't sound great. I live in a state where it's illegal to hold your phone and drive, so I'm okay with the compromise if it means not wearing a lame looking bluetooth headset.

Overall, for $25 I'd say it's a steal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just a heads up, I've had this thing for a month now and think it was worth the $30 I paid.

HOWEVER, it is basically USELESS for making voice calls with. The microphone quality is really really bad. So when the phone rings I just answer it with the phone.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    My only issue is the remote, I think the battery on mine came nearly/completely dead. It only seems to work like 1/4 of the time. I need to buy a new battery and see if that fixes it.

Voice calls are fine for me. It all depends on where your cigarette port is located. Mine is directly in front of me, about as much in line of sight as it gets. It's basically just speaker phone, with your car being the speaker. I'd rather talk loud than get a ticket for talking on my phone while driving.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    My remote works great. Works 100% of the time. (I did need to go through the pairing process for the remote (pairing between the remote and the cigarette adapter, not the pre) when I first set it up.

My microphone functions, but I get a lot of complaints if I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    My remote works great. Works 100% of the time. (I did need to go through the pairing process for the remote (pairing between the remote and the cigarette adapter, not the pre) when I first set it up.

My microphone functions, but I get a lot of complaints if I use it.
    Yep. I mean it works but not adequately for real use.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Anyone having issues with this after 1.2? The A2DP didn't auto connect, then when I manually connected, it didn't disconnect after I turned off the LiquidAux. Also didn't play my call over bluetooth when I answered, picked it up on the headset.

Ugh, I thought the patch was supposed to FIX bluetooth. Everything worked fine before it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast