Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 80
  1. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #21  
    Ugh am I really the only one with the issue? I loved my LiquidAux and Pre before 1.2. Now it's just as annoying as having to plug in the aux jack every time I get in the car.
  2. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #22  
    I have not had a chance to check mine. But, I do know that after upgrading to 1.2, I had to delete the bluetooth profile for my other carkit, and then re-pair for it to work properly. I do not think it was dropping out, but it would not switch over to phone mode.

    I should be able to check my kingington pretty soon and will let you know.
  3. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #23  
    Yes, I had problems too. Mine was stuck in phone mode and would not switch to a2dp.

    Deleted profile and re-paired. All seems fine now.
  4. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #24  
    I just read about needing to delete and re-pair. I bet that'll fix it. Thanks guys.
  5. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #25  
    I've deleted and re-added the thing a bunch of times and no luck. A2DP connection is still hit or miss. What the hell Palm, this thing worked PERFECT before 1.2.
    I see the music icon on the unit flash really quickly and then it just turns off and never comes back on until I manually disconnect and reconnect. It's so much of a hassle now, it's not even worth it. Give me back the old bluetooth
  6. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #26  
    Confirmed. This morning I found that the Kensington would not go into A2DP.

    I had to go into bluetooth on the Pre, disconnect and reconnect to the Kensington to get it to work again. Worked fine prior to the update to 1.2.

    Disappointing! I will try to file a bug report with Palm.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    I've deleted and re-added the thing a bunch of times and no luck. A2DP connection is still hit or miss. What the hell Palm, this thing worked PERFECT before 1.2.
    I see the music icon on the unit flash really quickly and then it just turns off and never comes back on until I manually disconnect and reconnect. It's so much of a hassle now, it's not even worth it. Give me back the old bluetooth
    I am having the exact same problem. Don't know if we could submit to Palm somehow. On a side note for people with feedback problems it is due to a grounding issue with your car's sound system and the power socket, not with your LiquidAUX product. Kensington will send you a ground loop isolator for free to solve the problem.

    "Kensington can provide you with a ground loop isolator free of charge by calling our Technical Support team at 800-535-4242. Please provide the serial number of your LiquidAUX product when you call Technical Support and we will arrange to ship you the ground loop isolator. NOTE: Ground loop isolators can be shipped to customers in the United States and Canada only."
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Confirmed. This morning I found that the Kensington would not go into A2DP.

    I had to go into bluetooth on the Pre, disconnect and reconnect to the Kensington to get it to work again. Worked fine prior to the update to 1.2.

    Disappointing! I will try to file a bug report with Palm.
    Another confirmation. My unit does not initially work in A2DP until I disconnect and reconnect. Re pairing the device does not fix the problem.

    Worked fine in 1.1
  9. #29  
    I'll add to the same issue, as well as having to do the same workaround. Was lead here by jc-Treo's post over at Palm's forums.
    I also have crackling and static while using A2DP and the LiquidAux BT unit. Is fine with other A2DP units.
  10. #30  
    I talked with Palm this morning about the A2DP issue is 1.2. I got the standard "the device is not on our compatible device list" answer. I am able to get it working with a manual disconnect and reconnect on the Pre, but it will not auto connect the A2DP.

    I am also having the same issues with my Logitech Freepulse headphones. When I power them on I have to manually connect to them on the Pre.
  11. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #31  
    That makes no sense. It's A2DP standard, there's no reason for it not to work. Especially when it worked perfectly in 1.1. It's obvious Palm broke something in their implementation.
  12. aliatgb's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #32  
    Anyone try and take this thing apart and wire a mic to it and place it on your sun visor like some aftermarket bluetooth head units have?
  13. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #33  
    I took mine apart to try to convert it to work with the touchstone and its pretty easy. The flat end pops off (be careful, there are two little tabs on it. I broke one and had to use some glue when I put it back together.

    Once that is off, I think there were two small Phillips screw that come out, then the case can be snapped apart down its centerline by gently running a small flat head screw driver along the seam.
    Last edited by jc-Treo; 10/04/2009 at 03:13 PM.
  14. aliatgb's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #34  
    Well, I think I am going to pick one of these up but I will hold off till the pairing issue is fixed. I plan on doing what jc-Treo did to make it output more current from the USB port and also try and attach a wired MIC to the unit and wire it to my sun visor. In theory this should work great but we will see.
  15. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    Well, I think I am going to pick one of these up but I will hold off till the pairing issue is fixed. I plan on doing what jc-Treo did to make it output more current from the USB port and also try and attach a wired MIC to the unit and wire it to my sun visor. In theory this should work great but we will see.
    Good idea to wait. I hope this get this working again.

    Oh, and per my post #11 in this thread, I was not able to mod the kensington to work with the touchstone. I could not get it apart to a point where I could even attempt to solder the USB pins. So, instead I had to do the USB cable mod. I am rather surprised, but it seems to deliver enough juice to keep the pre charged.

    Good luck!
  16. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #36  
    JC, have you tried it with 1.2.1? I haven't been in my car since to test it but I was wondering if it may have fixed the issue.

    Also, any pictures of that teardown? I don't know if an external mic would even be possible.
  17. aliatgb's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Good idea to wait. I hope this get this working again.

    Oh, and per my post #11 in this thread, I was not able to mod the kensington to work with the touchstone. I could not get it apart to a point where I could even attempt to solder the USB pins. So, instead I had to do the USB cable mod. I am rather surprised, but it seems to deliver enough juice to keep the pre charged.

    Good luck!
    Oh I see, I read your post wrong and thought you were saying you were able to mod the USB port. I'll probably just mod my monoprice USB cable instead since its probably less work anyway.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    JC, have you tried it with 1.2.1? I haven't been in my car since to test it but I was wondering if it may have fixed the issue.

    Also, any pictures of that teardown? I don't know if an external mic would even be possible.
    No, just had a fight with it in my car mere minutes ago. it still does the same thing. But, I don't have to turn off bluetooth completely, just tap the device to remove the checkmark, then retap it and it rejoins a2dp.
  19. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #39  
    Yeah, I just got a chance to try it out myself. No luck. Realllyyyyy annoyed by this. All the convenience of bluetooth is now gone.
  20. jc-Treo's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    JC, have you tried it with 1.2.1? I haven't been in my car since to test it but I was wondering if it may have fixed the issue.

    Also, any pictures of that teardown? I don't know if an external mic would even be possible.
    sorry! I did not take a pic! I do remember that the mic was two wires, and it is positioned near the flat end, away from the tip of the unit.

    Have not tried with 1.2.1 yet, but I am guessing no difference as I saw someone say that nothing had been changed with bluetooth.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions