1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if a remote control exists that functions similar to the stock headphones, but allows you to plug your own 3.5mm headphones into the remote.

Basically, the remote should plug into the Pre's 3.5mm jack to send it the next/back track signals, etc. Along with that, it has another 3.5mm jack for you to plug in your own headphones.

The point is to enable users to use their own, higher quality headphones while still enabling them to change tracks and such without having to fumble with the phone.
    so you want MORE stuff hanging from your phone?

splice a different headset on the existing ear buds? I actually don't mind them, they sound okay for stock ear buds.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    so you want MORE stuff hanging from your phone?

splice a different headset on the existing ear buds? I actually don't mind them, they sound okay for stock ear buds.
    Heh, the ear buds I use have a long cord already, so I wouldn't mind. I guess I could try splicing them, but I really don't want to butcher my existing ear buds. I guess the correct way to do this would be to cut off the ear buds and attach a 3.5mm jack in that place, allowing me to plug any headphones in.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Shure has a headphone attachment like this, but it's not cheap.

Basically you're looking for iPhone accessories. A lot of premium headphones have this feature.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    I used to have the Motorola S9s. Great not having cords and you could change the track or volume at your ear. They just weren't the most comfortable. I would like to check out the HD versions to see if they improved comfort at all, but I do love me some Bluetooth.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Shure has a headphone attachment like this, but it's not cheap.

Basically you're looking for iPhone accessories. A lot of premium headphones have this feature.
    I'll have to take a look at the Shures. Been looking at getting some E2C's or E3C's anyways. I saw the iPhone accessories as well and they've got a perfect adapter, but it's only for iPhone/iPods

Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    I used to have the Motorola S9s. Great not having cords and you could change the track or volume at your ear. They just weren't the most comfortable. I would like to check out the HD versions to see if they improved comfort at all, but I do love me some Bluetooth.
    I have a pair of S9's. They're OK for what they are, but the sound quality blows, which is why I'm sticking with wired ear buds.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    I have a pair of S9's. They're OK for what they are, but the sound quality blows, which is why I'm sticking with wired ear buds.
    Really I thought the sound quality was pretty good when I used to use them with my Samsung P2. Have you checked out the new HDs? Supposed to be better quality....you know HD and all lol