1.    #1  
    I am hoping that one of the aftermarket companies manages to provide us with this toy in the near future. I have the iGrip mount for my old 700P and loved it. Was looking at the ones for the Pre, but I see one major issue: charging the phone while in the mount. The uUSB port being on the side would make for a lot of strain on the port itself. I would love to see a mount that would hold the phone securely plus charge it via the touchstone back. Anybody think there is a chance of this in the near future?
    Dedicated Palm User
    Palm Pre
    Palm Treo 700P - retired
    Palm Treo 600 - retired
    Palm M515 - retired
    Palm V - retired
    Palm Pilot Professional - retired
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Just stick a Touchstone on it... works great in my car... check out the multiple threads
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  3.    #3  
    I've seen the threads about installing the touchstone itself in a car. However, in my car there is not a good place to mount the touchstone, and keep the phone easily visible while driving. I like the windshield mounts because it keeps the phone up in my line of sight while driving, and helps keep my eyes on the road instead of looking around somewhere else.
    Dedicated Palm User
    Palm Pre
    Palm Treo 700P - retired
    Palm Treo 600 - retired
    Palm M515 - retired
    Palm V - retired
    Palm Pilot Professional - retired
    I have the igrip from my 700wx. Tried putting the pre in it, and was surprised to see how close it was to a fit. Actually figured out that if I slice about 3/16" off the side tabs, it would be a PERFECT fit. So I did this in my table saw, and then reglued the tabs back on with model airplane glue.

Seriously, this thing looks like it was custom made for the Pre. Works great, but you are right about the charging port. With the charging cable attached, the pre wont sit all the way down in the holster. It still works, just not nearly as seamless.
    It's easy enough to do yourself with a typical windshield suction cup-mounted gooseneck. Here's mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    It's easy enough to do yourself with a typical windshield suction cup-mounted gooseneck. Here's mine:
    This makes me want to get a touchstone so much more.. I want to really bad, but I feel like the price is a little steep for a little bit of convenience..