1.    #1  
    What's the deal with the shortage of the touchstone? And why does the Pre store on this site keep increasing the availability date for it. First it was 6/18, then 6/26, then 7/2, now 7/10???
    Try amazon, got just the touchstone today and only ordered it last week. When I ordered it said 1 to 4weeks.
    Picked mine up at my local Best Buy. They had plenty in stock.
    I bought 2 at a Sprint store (one for me and one for my hubby) and then bought the Touchstone Charging Expansion Kit from Palm's website with free shipping and no tax. Wanted one to use in my car and office. The expansion kit was $79.99 and came with the charger, 5-ft cable and 5 removable plugs for various countries. Ordered it on 6/25 & it was shipped on 6/26.
    Last edited by sewswedish; 06/27/2009 at 02:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    FYI.... it will be in stock on 7/20

im not waiting anymore for this site to get it. i'm plunking down the cash for the real deal. even if it is pricier than this and other sites, at least i can enjoy the awesomification of the touchstone. yes, awesomification.
    The problem is that once you get one, you want another at work, in the basement, in the living room, in the shower...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Shower? I wonder if we can waterproof it? I mean, I could listen to Pandora in the shower.
    Waterproof bluetooth speakers with a mount just outside the shower?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    The current situation is really get annoying to put it midly. I mean WTF is Palm doing? The availability dates keep changing and it's not just at the precentral store either. Palm is doing a poor job managining inventory and production levels. They give the stores an availaibility date and then they change it every 4-5 days like clockwork. When they do get them in finally they sell out in record time. Hopefully Palm will get their **** together but I am not going to hold my breath.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    The current situation is really get annoying to put it midly. I mean WTF is Palm doing? The availability dates keep changing and it's not just at the precentral store either. Palm is doing a poor job managining inventory and production levels. They give the stores an availaibility date and then they change it every 4-5 days like clockwork. When they do get them in finally they sell out in record time. Hopefully Palm will get their **** together but I am not going to hold my breath.
    I'm not quite sure I understand this post. Touchstones are available everywhere.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I'm not quite sure I understand this post. Touchstones are available everywhere.
    They are not available here or on fommy.com. Both of those site have pushed back the avilability dates numerous times and when I called I was told it was due to manufacturer (Palm) inventory. I realize some B&M stores have stock but I have laready placed my order based on previous availability dates that were given to me.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    They are not available here or on fommy.com. Both of those site have pushed back the avilability dates numerous times and when I called I was told it was due to manufacturer (Palm) inventory. I realize some B&M stores have stock but I have laready placed my order based on previous availability dates that were given to me.
    Ok so let's be clear then. Touchstone's are available to purchase, just not at the cheaper prices some of these sites are charging. That makes business sense for Palm. Keep in mind, these things have only been out a couple of months. They will have limited inventory for places that are offering them at much lower prices. After all, they do want to make money.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Ok so let's be clear then. Touchstone's are available to purchase, just not at the cheaper prices some of these sites are charging. That makes business sense for Palm. Keep in mind, these things have only been out a couple of months. They will have limited inventory for places that are offering them at much lower prices. After all, they do want to make money.
    So you think Best Buy is paying more for their stock of Touchstones than precentral or fommy and so Palm is making more money? Are you kidding me?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Think it might have something to do with the less expensive ones sell faster than the more expensive ones?

BTW, Amazon's date started out 2-4 weeks then when I ordered, the expected date was mid August. Mine changed 2 days ago to not being able to cancel as it's being procesed and expected to ship between 8/3 and 8/7 I think, but it shipped today.

They're still saying 1-4 weeks but still priced at $52 delivered. I'm sure they're shipping everything they get to fill back orders.

I wish I would have ordered an extra dock only ($39) so I'd get them and get the house and truck set up finally.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'm getting annoyed by this as well. I ordered from Fommy based on their original date estimate and it continues to get pushed back. I doubt that Palm makes any more money from a Touchstone sold at Best Buy than they do at Online Retailer X, so I shouldn't be forced to pay Best Buy's extremely marked-up prices.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Guys, come on, let's think about this as business men and women. Best Buy, Walmart, Sprint, and yes even Radio Shack, is a major "partner" in Palm's distribution. All other channels like fommy, precentral, everythingpre, or even amazon are secondary on the food chain. Of course, consumers like you or I prefer that the smaller providers give us the better deal but Palm cannot bite the hand that feeds them. They can give crumbs to the discounters but the major chains have to have priority. I don't like it either but it's the way it works. Sucks but it's reality.
    Last edited by edlex; 07/31/2009 at 09:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWin View Post
    I'm getting annoyed by this as well. I ordered from Fommy based on their original date estimate and it continues to get pushed back. I doubt that Palm makes any more money from a Touchstone sold at Best Buy than they do at Online Retailer X, so I shouldn't be forced to pay Best Buy's extremely marked-up prices.
    You're right, and you're not forced to. And you're waiting for the less expensive one as you choose to do. I don't see a problem...unless you expect to get everything you want; cheap, now, perfect, gift wrapped, with a happy ending... You're getting one for less money. Good for you! You're in line with 103892 other people. If you want it now, drop by the Sprint store and pick one up and you're good to go.
    My Sprint kiosk had a 25 % off sale on all accessories.
    So I go, thinking I'm going to get a TS for about $53 since the MSRP is $70.
    I ask the employee if the TS are part of the sale and he says he has to call his manager.
    Calls, asks, hangs up, says yes, price is $65.
    I'm like "Say what?"
    He says the TS lists for $92 and shows me the box, it was a quick glance but it did look like it had $92 on it.
    I ask him isn't the TS $70?
    He calls his manager again and says the best he can do is $64 including tax.
    I walked away.
    I bet they raised the price on the TS for this sale so they wouldn't have to sell it for under $60. I also bet any other cheap accessory was legitimately 25 % off.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    You're right, and you're not forced to. And you're waiting for the less expensive one as you choose to do. I don't see a problem...unless you expect to get everything you want; cheap, now, perfect, gift wrapped, with a happy ending... You're getting one for less money. Good for you! You're in line with 103892 other people. If you want it now, drop by the Sprint store and pick one up and you're good to go.
    Well said...