Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble with the Zagg invisible shield - I got mine at the mall where I got the pre, had it installed on two pres. One (my gf's) is prefect, while mine had horizontal lines that were highly reflective (un-dried glue probably). After a couple of days, went back to get a new one. They told me to wait 24 hours, and after that I had to return that one since it had a lot of horizontal lines.

So just got back with the 3rd one, which still has lines (this time much smaller). Man, the pre seems to be cursed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with the Zagg invisible shield - I got mine at the mall where I got the pre, had it installed on two pres. One (my gf's) is prefect, while mine had horizontal lines that were highly reflective (un-dried glue probably). After a couple of days, went back to get a new one. They told me to wait 24 hours, and after that I had to return that one since it had a lot of horizontal lines.

So just got back with the 3rd one, which still has lines (this time much smaller). Man, the pre seems to be cursed!
    Mine had the same thing. The lines were too evenly and perfectly spaced and they were all exactly the same size for it to be a glue problem or something like that. Had to be something in the film or possibly thinner spots...
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Mine had the same thing. The lines were too evenly and perfectly spaced and they were all exactly the same size for it to be a glue problem or something like that. Had to be something in the film or possibly thinner spots...
    So what did you do? I have 1 and a half weeks on the 2 week free-replace-and-install and not sure what to do. I might try my luck again over the weekend, but I am getting sick of going to the mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    So what did you do? I have 1 and a half weeks on the 2 week free-replace-and-install and not sure what to do. I might try my luck again over the weekend, but I am getting sick of going to the mall.
    peeled it off and threw it away. just going to get a screen protector and Seidio's hard case that will be coming out soon.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    peeled it off and threw it away. just going to get a screen protector and Seidio's hard case that will be coming out soon.
    Same here. Going to return my ZAGG Invisible Shield. Any idea when Seidio's case comes out?
    had mine put on by the booth I got it from and it looks great. There are no streaks or the horizontal lines that you guys are mentioning.
    sorry if this is a n00b question.. but where do i get this installed? i bought some **** kit that i had to cut it out myself and it looked like a 3rd grader on crack put it on. waste of 20$.
    if you goto the zagg.com website you can use the Retail location funtion to see if one is close to you. Once you do a search you should see if (if any) are a installation location.
    wait where do i get it installed? b/c i can't cut out my own sheild and no store by me has the one for the pre.
    which screen protector would you get?

isn't ZaGG the best?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    wait where do i get it installed? b/c i can't cut out my own sheild and no store by me has the one for the pre.
    Many malls have zagg kiosks. Of course after 3 of them that have defects...
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    had mine put on by the booth I got it from and it looks great. There are no streaks or the horizontal lines that you guys are mentioning.
    Same here.. I tried doing installing it myself and it look horrible. I was at the Philadelphia air port last weekend (layover) and saw a zagg kiosk. I brought mine there and they told me if I pay the $5 install fee they will give me a new one and install it (obviously) So they put the new one on and it looks great! Took them about 15 minutes to do (had to reapply a few times). Im very happy with my invisible shield. The pre shield was the hardest to install out of any of the ones I have done in the past.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trucanes99 View Post

isn't ZaGG the best?
    really they're all about the same. I had a Zagg IS on my pre but messed up my install leaving an air bubble in the middle of my screen. It worked great though, no scratches on my screen and I really liked the texture it gave the phone. Some people whine about an "orange peel" look that comes from the shield but when the phones on you dont notice it at all and it doesn't hurt image quality. Next I decided to try Bodyguardz brand since they give you two in the kit and I thought it would be nice to have a spare incase I screwed up. The BG'z are thinner and clearer than the IS but the pattern they're cut from was harder for me to install. Other than that both are great products so pick your poison.

Also my father is using BeskSkinsEver on his Pre and Its pretty close to IS. The pattern/template they use for the corners is a little more generic and the skin itself is a little thinner but it went on easy and is working great for him.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have BSE on my PRE also... Like Mikest mentioned, the corners are pretty generic but the main body portion of the phone is pretty invisible and have no problem with any visible lines or anything. I have the full body protector installed.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm thinking maybe I should have someone else do it for me, but only Best Buy's are listed on their website in my area. Does anyone know if Best Buy will install it?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NetHero View Post
    I have BSE on my PRE also... Like Mikest mentioned, the corners are pretty generic but the main body portion of the phone is pretty invisible and have no problem with any visible lines or anything. I have the full body protector installed.
    If you load a white I can see them the best - they are highly shiny lines.
    "invisible shield"... you can see mine from space.
    Quote Originally Posted by trucanes99 View Post

isn't ZaGG the best?

That's the one I had... ZaGG's Invisible Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoth View Post
    Same here. Going to return my ZAGG Invisible Shield. Any idea when Seidio's case comes out?
    I wish I knew. All their website says is "under development".
    I recommend Ghost-Armor. I've used ZAGG for many years since they've changed their website name several times from theinvisibleshield.com, shieldzone.com etc. This is my first time using Ghost-Armor but I have to say it is much clearer and smoother than ZAGG. Dare I say it's more "invisible" than the invisible shield. Someone even asked while playing with my phone when I was ordering my ZAGG - had to tell them it was already installed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast