1.    #1  
    Exhibit A:

should I take mine off the ceiling then?

Heh, seriously that stinks. Looks like you have some painting to do. Why did you have it on the wall?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Essh your Pre wasn't on there when it fell was it??
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    should I take mine off the ceiling then?

Heh, seriously that stinks. Looks like you have some painting to do. Why did you have it on the wall?
    Honestly, I tried it on the wall mostly just to see how well it'd work, though it would be convenient above my bed since I don't really have an endtable near it... I just don't think I'd trust it.

What's actually more of a concern at the moment is getting the paint off of my $70 (well, I got it discounted 25%) Touchstone though.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    Essh your Pre wasn't on there when it fell was it??
    Oh, no... it didn't fall. It stayed there for 4 or 5 hours before I decided I wanted to move it back to a safer position.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 06/24/2009 at 09:45 PM.
  6.    #6  
    As an update, once I peeled off the paint, it's not sticking quite as well as before to my desk, but still enough that it doesn't come up when I lift the phone. I might try washing the bottom a little tomorrow.
    Try damping a cloth with warm water.
    kinda off topic but I was in a flooring store and they had a big sign that read "USE OF DYSON VACUUMS VOIDS ALL WARRANTIES" so I asked the sales gal and she said they were too powerful and over a relatively short time (a few months) start to loosen and pull up the threads of the carpet.