1.    #1  
    Just got back from the mall having the profesional install of the Zagg. Got a call right after and I couldn't hear. I cranked the volume up as far as it would go and I could barely hear.

Is this something that will go away (Maybe it needs to dry out)? Or is my phone broken now?
    hey there,

I had the same exact problem. They installed the IS and the earpiece was not working properly. It didnt solve it self within an hour, so I took it to sprint saying the earpiece was not functioning, of course, leaving out that I had tried to put an IS on it (i took the IS off). They did not even check to make sure the earpiece was working and gave me a new one.

I dont think it will dry out, but you could give it a shot. I exchanged mine for a new one.

Hope this helps and im sorry it really sucks
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Protip: Don't spill the glue/apoxy into the earpiece when applying the invisible shield.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah that sucks. But I can't install these things well on my own, I've tried. So if I go get a new Pre, now I have to figure out how to make the Invisible Sheild guy install another one for free and be careful this time.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Protip: Don't spill the glue/apoxy into the earpiece when applying the invisible shield.
    I believe you mean the water, as that's all it takes to apply. But good advice nonetheless.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I think it is just water they use. Which is odd, it should short it out or render it useless if it's going to do something. Having water just make the volume go way down seems rather odd to me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    thanks for the info, cuz i'm about to have that done to my pre.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I'm sure you realized this, but just in case, the invisishield comes with the three holes (earpiece, center button, mic button) perforated but not removed. When I pulled my invisishield off its paper backing, the earpiece cut-out stuck to the paper but the button and mic parts stayed with the shield. It was only after I finished putting it on that i realized it and pulled those two others off. If I had not realized, the mic hole would still be covered and I would probably be complaining that people couldn't hear me LOL

Just do a quick check to make sure your earpiece is not covered ;-)
  9.    #9  
    Yeah thanks for the reminder I did check that. The earpiece part is definitely removed so it must be whatever they sprayed on there to clean it.
    You're supposed to have the device turned off when doing the installation, and leave it off for 12-24 hours, per ZAGG's recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by guidoracer View Post
    You're supposed to have the device turned off when doing the installation, and leave it off for 12-24 hours, per ZAGG's recommendation.
    And not apply the water directly to the device.