Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is my quick story on the Invisible Shield product...maybe it will be useful to someone.

- I ordered the full shield.
    - Then I decided to buy a Touchstone (very nice BTW)
    - So I decided to just put on the front protector.
    - I read some posts on this and started to get kind of worried, but I proceeded anyway.
    - Did it late at night and rushed through it a bit. Not good.
    - After I put it on and looked at it, it looked pretty crummy and had about 6 bubbles left over. 4 pretty minor and 2 that I thought would be there forever
    - I decided to give it a few days. After 2 days, all but two bubbles went away. After about 5 days, even the 'bad' one's were gone and it looks great.
    - It does have a bit of an orange peel texture.

Bottom line: Even if you think you goofed it up, try to wait about a full week before yanking it off. I was close to doing this. But now I'm pretty happy with it knowing that I have great protection on the screen if it skids on the sidewalk or something.

Good luck!
    Rob
    It seems like it is a bit thicker than other screen protectors. Does it affect the screen sensitivity? I'm a little worried about that.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    It seems like it is a bit thicker than other screen protectors. Does it affect the screen sensitivity? I'm a little worried about that.
    Nope. For me anyways, it seems very sensitive still.
    im worried about the water getting in the ear piece or something.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre_3000 View Post
    im worried about the water getting in the ear piece or something.
    Yeah, that was not a problem for me. The instructions say to "lightly" spray the protector. So I was trying to be careful. Then I just made sure to squeegee away from the holes.
    I had a stupid sponge. This "orange peel" effect is tolerable. Actually makes it feel well protected, however, my poor application has made me begin to wonder...... BUT seeing your post gives me hope that my bubbles we disappear. Zagg is thick but much more stronger than the others.

I've got 4 Pre's amongst myself & friends. We all decided to test our options. All 4 of us have different covers (bodyguards, zagg etc.) and different cases (2 hardcases & 2 leathers).

Just to start off before I write my consumer review, hard shell should be required. Both leather case owners actually dropped rhier Pre's taking it out of their case. Irony.. Eh?
    @johnny pre are you using a hard case over your zagg? i've been wondering if this would be possible with the seidio innocase that is coming out for the palm pre. at least if we could use the screen part of the zagg only.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    @johnny pre are you using a hard case over your zagg? i've been wondering if this would be possible with the seidio innocase that is coming out for the palm pre. at least if we could use the screen part of the zagg only.
    well... Not exactly sure. I got a defective case from best buy. I can quite get the botton to snap over the top slider part. However. When applying the zagg shield, after it dried, I used an exacto (?) knife to clean the edges. So, the not so perfect case fits exactly as it did before. But I think after seeing this I can modify my next zag cover to work perfectly with the case simply by cutting out where the grooves go.

So.. Not totally positive it'll work with the other case you refer too.
    Back cover works fine with TS, even over speedbumps and potholes
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxelsharif View Post
    I have the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD on the front of my Pre, but I cut off the sides of it so that my Rocket Fish case would go over it. It seems like the InvisibleSHIELD adds just enough thickness that the case wouldn't clip on right. When I cut off the sides, though, it worked like a charm.

Now I have both cases on, that way I feel like my little guy is protected to the beating I can unintentionally inflict upon it... Good luck!!
    Make sure to wait a few days for the bubbles to settle. Usually they will all go away just fine:

Palm Pre InvisibleShield Post Installation Pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by robcox View Post

Bottom line: Even if you think you goofed it up, try to wait about a full week before yanking it off. I was close to doing this. But now I'm pretty happy with it knowing that I have great protection on the screen if it skids on the sidewalk or something.

Good luck!
    Rob
    Thanks for posting this - I just wish I would have read it 3 days ago. I purchased the cover and attempted to apply it 3 times with terrible results. I had it on overnight and only halfway through the next day before the bubbles and loss of clarity were intolerable, and of course I kept telling myself there was no way they were all going to disappear.

One thing I did NOT like about the protector was that it makes swipe gestures tougher because the rubber produces more friction, so getting your finger to slide on the screen is difficult. Do you experience that as well? For me, it ruined the entire experience with the screen so I felt it would be better to remove it.
    I just got mine professionally installed at the Mall and I was told that I needed to wait 24 hours before using my phone. I see no major bubbles, but I see some grainy transparent mini tiny bubbles on the screen, sucks 'cause I can see them while reading. I guess these are the ones that are suppose to go away in 2 days or so. Then, I see two transparent lines on the screen protector as if somebody had put a lot of pressure on the screen protector and created a line. Now, that one, I don't know if it will go away.... anybody experienced these things?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    Thanks for posting this - I just wish I would have read it 3 days ago. I purchased the cover and attempted to apply it 3 times with terrible results. I had it on overnight and only halfway through the next day before the bubbles and loss of clarity were intolerable, and of course I kept telling myself there was no way they were all going to disappear.

One thing I did NOT like about the protector was that it makes swipe gestures tougher because the rubber produces more friction, so getting your finger to slide on the screen is difficult. Do you experience that as well? For me, it ruined the entire experience with the screen so I felt it would be better to remove it.
    I used the IS on my Instinct and I had the same tactile rubbery experience as you - it does indeed make swiping a bit more difficult. Another user suggested putting car wax on it to make it a bit smoother and this did help a tad.

This time with my Pre, I got the Phantom Skins cover and am very very happy with it - protection, but the feel is much closer to the original phone.
    My Seidio holster is screwing with the back cover. I have the TS back cover so if I have to take it off, it won't kill me. It does work fine with TS though.
    I tried to pay Best Buy to install one of these and the "pro" there tried 3 times and couldn't do it. I'm good at a few things but I don't have the patience or a steady enough hand to pull off installing one of these. For now I'll just baby the phone and hope I don't have any accidents with it.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I just got mine professionally installed at the Mall and I was told that I needed to wait 24 hours before using my phone. I see no major bubbles, but I see some grainy transparent mini tiny bubbles on the screen, sucks 'cause I can see them while reading. I guess these are the ones that are suppose to go away in 2 days or so. Then, I see two transparent lines on the screen protector as if somebody had put a lot of pressure on the screen protector and created a line. Now, that one, I don't know if it will go away.... anybody experienced these things?
    Treolo,
    The line you're describing may be from the installer removing the film a few minutes after it had been applied because he noticed an air bubble that he couldn't remove by way of the squeegee. That's what happened to mine when I installed it. My faint line went diagonally down the front of the screen. I could only see it when the screen was off and the light hit the phone just right. Of course, my installation doesn't matter anymore because I had to take my Pre back to the Sprint store for an exchange due to the earpiece not functioning anymore.

New Invisible Shield is on the way. This next time, I think I'll take the phone to the mall and let them do it--but hopefully they won't leave a line in mine like both I and your installer did!

Anyway, your bubbles should indeed work themselves out over time...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    put my IS on about 10 days ago - guess was careful enough since no problems over the screen - just one small bubble over one edge that i missed when installed it. had ordered from Zagg very early but was backordered - went & bought one @ best buy so have an extra that will likely change out in a few months. also ended up with a tiny overhang over the top edge but do not want to get after it with a razor knife.

found it interesting - the retail package @ best buy had a credit card like piece of plastic to use as a squeegee and a wet sponge while the one (that came the next day of course) from zagg had a rubber squeegee and the spray bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    I used the IS on my Instinct and I had the same tactile rubbery experience as you - it does indeed make swiping a bit more difficult. Another user suggested putting car wax on it to make it a bit smoother and this did help a tad.

This time with my Pre, I got the Phantom Skins cover and am very very happy with it - protection, but the feel is much closer to the original phone.
    Thanks, I'll have to check the Phantom Skins out.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yeah as far as bubbles go I''m using 'bestskinsever'- I had a fair amount of bubbles- both with air and without, and after 3-4 days they are almost all gone- the application went from a 'crap what have I done' to a 'near flawless' in a few days- just give it time- I'm assuming this material does have some 'porosity' and is allowing any trapped air/water to leach out with time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast