Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    just want to make sure this is correct.
    1. my plantronics 925 pairs with the pre fine. (as well as a plantronics 520 I have). voice calls answer fine. it is on list of supported bluetooth headsets.
    2. but the music player, and pandora both do not send sound through the bluetooth earpiece. they send the sound thru the speaker.
    3. I take it this is because the plantronics 925 is not a stereo earpiece, and does not support a2dp.
    4. pandora/music player work fine through 3.5 mm wired jack.
    5. this is different from the motorola q9c I have, which sends both music and voice thru the bluetooth earpiece.
    6. my options would be to buy a stereo headset, which would work
    7. but that would be bulkier headset to wear all day long than the 1-ear bluetooth style I am using.
    8. or, try the plantronics 855, which has a detachable 2nd earpiece. which may work.
    9 or are there any other bluetooth earpieces that have both sound and voice on a earpiece that goes into right or left ear only.

just want to make sure that my pre isn't defective in some way.

thanx.

david.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    This is my question too... Calls and audiobook mp3s on a one eared bt?

Will the 855 works if second earpiece detached?

Does jabra make a one with ad2p or one that functions when detached for one ear?

Other bt ideas?

Deite
    I have a 925. You're correct, it's phone only due to lacking A2DP.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have both the 925 and the 855. I use the 925 for two devices and the 855 just for the Pre. The 925 never did stream from my Treo 800w and doesn't from my Pre either. My MotoQ did it no matter what bluetooth headset I tried. The 855 will stream music with only one earbud attached. I use it this way when I go to the grocery store.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I just got my 855 and its great (with and w/o 2nd bud)
    Just got my Jabra BT8040 from Amazon last night (20 bucks) Works great for voice calls, and media use. The pre will pause the music and ring the earpeice when a phone call comes in. (It's not your assigned ringer though, just a rinky dink tone based ringed) then will resume music after you end conversation. Note, if you answer phone call with press of button on ear piece, call is routed to BT. However, if you answer the call via screen press, call is routed through handset.

(first post here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skindragger View Post
    Note, if you answer phone call with press of button on ear piece, call is routed to BT. However, if you answer the call via screen press, call is routed through handset.
    you can still use the bt if you answer with the screen. just press the answer button on the bt.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Does the Moto H690 have A2DP?