Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Ahh. But yes, it is most assuredly designed for only AC.

Is there some place you can buy the international adapter?
    I hadn't even realized it twisted off.
    Here is where you can get the interchangeable tips.

Palm International Power Charger - Palm Accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    Ben, I'll post on the sx4 forums. This is still a work in progress concerning getting a permanent power source. I'll post my thougts there.

Love that BG of touchstone too.
    thanks so much can't wait to see it. So the original power source isn't working out? I was thinking this was going to be easy. guess not...
    My job puts me in a different truck every work day. Today at a Las Vegas Pilot truck stop I bought the iCup for 5 bucks. It's made of a low density foam rubber type material and fits in your cup holder. It's supposed to be for an iPod, and pens I guess.

I simply cut out the middle part an inch or two deep, and a hole in the back for the cord, and it worked great. Day cabs don't ride like a sleeper, but it held fine all the way back to L.A. The soft, spongy material acts as a shock absorber for your Pre.

I think this would work for all you "4 wheelers" too, if you were looking for a quick, cheap solution, and your cup holder is in a convenient spot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by galavanter; 07/22/2009 at 02:22 PM.
    nice
    I did it i got mine... and ended up putting it on the center consol. works out great with my arm on the armrest and had right over the pre for easy control. looks good and very clean. have power going to the back 12v socket rather then the front. taking pics while driving... using pre.. hum just sporting the multi tasking.

CIMG2812.jpg
    CIMG2813.jpg
    CIMG2815.jpg
    I didn't think this was mentioned before, but I had an extra 60mm gauge cup, and thought that the touchstone would probably fit. Sure enough:

Going to find some material to fill in the gauge cup so that the Touchstone sits flush in the gauge cup - probably bend some spare metal to make an angled bracket.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    GREAT IDEA drybear...can't wait to see the final product!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I have a TS in my 2008 Dodge Ram center console using the Sprint vehicle charger trimmed downed to fit into the TS. During the day where I work we can not have our cellphones. The two time I had the Pre on the TS when I get back to my vehicle I checked the Pre it is very warm/hot and it is not completely charged.

So, I'm not sure if the Sprint adaptor is working with the TS
    Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    I have a TS in my 2008 Dodge Ram center console using the Sprint vehicle charger trimmed downed to fit into the TS. During the day where I work we can not have our cellphones. The two time I had the Pre on the TS when I get back to my vehicle I checked the Pre it is very warm/hot and it is not completely charged.

So, I'm not sure if the Sprint adaptor is working with the TS
    trash the sprint adapter. sorry to say that i know it was expensive but trash is all it is. it puts out 800mah and touch stone wants 1000 to work properly (people have reported sprint charger frying their TS) your best bet is to get the palm car charger i picked one up at best buy for 27.99 they are on sale right now but you can pick one up on amazon for a little over 20 with shipping. the usb cord that comes with it is a little short works great for my setup not sure about how yours is. you can swap it with the one that came with the pre or you can buy a cable as long as you want from monoprice.com search for micro usb.

try returning the sprint charger see if you have any luck... maybe fight for getting some credit applied to your account or something. good luck
    MatterOfFactJack
    Hey Jack,

Do you have problems with your pre constantly bleeping at you saying it is charging? i just installed my TS with the Palm car charger and it seems to bleep at me every few minutes.. I'll take pictures of my setup soon
    i need to add this to my car
    Anyone here doing this in a Maxima 95-99? If so do you have pictures and where exactly did you mount it?
    Thanks,
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Just curious, for people who have done this already using a dash/vent mount, how many of you have the TS with the logo upside-down (so the Pre is tilted back toward the windshield), and how many with the logo sideways (so the Pre is perfectly vertical, but more directly faces the driver's seat)?

Any concerns with turning corners or braking abruptly for either configuration?
    I've decided to hold out to see if palm comes out with an adapter to hold your pre in place that goes over your touchstone or even a new auto touchstone all together. But if they don't then I hope someone here works out the perfect solution
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post
    Hey Jack,

Do you have problems with your pre constantly bleeping at you saying it is charging? i just installed my TS with the Palm car charger and it seems to bleep at me every few minutes.. I'll take pictures of my setup soon
    I haven't had any of that with the palm charger. Some others yes but not with the palm works perfect I wonder if there is some sort of power shortage in your plug do you have a different plug you can use (keep in mind I don't drive much normaly on the bike but have taken it for a few 30 min drives and no issues)
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I haven't had any of that with the palm charger. Some others yes but not with the palm works perfect I wonder if there is some sort of power shortage in your plug do you have a different plug you can use (keep in mind I don't drive much normaly on the bike but have taken it for a few 30 min drives and no issues)
    unfortunately i only have the single vdc outlet..i was thinking of wiring in an additional outlet.. well.. we'll see how it goes its just a slight nuisance right now it seems but since 1.10 came out and they get a new quieter charge notification sound its much more bearable today
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post
    unfortunately i only have the single vdc outlet..i was thinking of wiring in an additional outlet.. well.. we'll see how it goes its just a slight nuisance right now it seems but since 1.10 came out and they get a new quieter charge notification sound its much more bearable today
    The question is if its actually charging. Also if you wire a new outlet remember to fuse the line closest to the source.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Mounted my Touchstone on the 4-Wheel-Drive Switch, which I don't have, of my Titan. I used 3M VHB tape. I mounted it up-side-down to get a better view of the Pre.

I have not had any issues with it falling off the Touchstone.

I also have the Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Audio Gateway that is connected to the AUX port of the radio.

Unable to post links to pictures so please look at photo album to see.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lcales View Post

I also have the Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Audio Gateway that is connected to the AUX port of the radio.
    How well does the Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Audio Gateway work?
    Do you have to manually turn it on each time you turn the car on? Does the Pre automatically link up to it when it turns on?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Palm Pre (x2 referb)
    Twitter
    My Blackberry Audio Gateway turns on and pairs effortlessly every time I get in the car. I don't have to do anything on the Pre to get it to work.
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast