Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    wayne@angrygoat- that's cleeeaaaan. I'd like to purchase one from you. till then maybe.....

In a Volvo C30-
    red c30.jpg

DSCN0348-1.jpg

Holder is Cellet brand universal- the square base slides between the top moldings of the center console for a snug custom-like channel hold in the C30s. $6 at Frys and sells on Amazon for $3. Very secure, funtional and removable.
    Pre syncs with the car's bluetooth so calls and contacts are controlled with the steering wheel buttons while driving...so low and out of view is good for me. I love the convience of 2 hand handling of the Pre at stop lights (wire free ) and easy quick set downs then arriving where ever fully charged.
    There's an auxiliary jack in my front console (just in view in the right photo behind the console), I can pop that in for Pandora, navigation or eBook via car speakers and the volume syncs with the steering wheel control buttons.
    I snagged a couple of the Verizon bundles - THANKS TO PRECENTRAL
    The charger is set in my backseat's outlet- so it's out of view and my front console port is free...and like that the Verizon charger has a USB port with a retractable cover. Nice. My son can still charge his Pre from the backseat.
    DSCN0341.jpg
    Last edited by C30bitten; 10/01/2010 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by C30bitten View Post
    wayne@angrygoat- that's cleeeaaaan. I'd like to purchase one from you. till then maybe.....
    Unfortunately I don't have the manufacturing capability (or even a workshop for that matter) to make and sell these I made this one with a dremel in my bedroom.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    At wayne@angrygoat~

Still....impressive ingenuity! : )
    I agree, that's one of the best ones I've seen. The glow is very cool!

I can charge my bluetooth headset or my Pre when I'm on the road. This spot on my Sonata holds the Touchstone very well without any extra adhesive or mounting equipment.

I love listening to Pandora radio on long drives, it supplements my XM quite nicely. The Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway does a great job with clear audio.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Here's mine in the 300 SRT8. Added my own lighter port behind the climate controls. Used the Verizon deal with car charger, touchstone and case. Hooked up the charger behind the controls and ran the wires under console. Drilled 1 hole and mounted. I like the look of no wires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how the speakerphone can be disabled on the phone while it is on the TS? I use a BT headset (Platronics) and when I leave the car with the phone and come back, I have to fight the phone to get it back to BT. I have looked for patches on this but cannot find any. Maybe it's an incompatable headset??
    Seems like the perfect candidate for Mode Switcher. You can set it to activate and deactivate Bluetooth based on going on or off the TS.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I use Mode Switcher and have a car mode for when it connects to my car stereo's bluetooth profile. Loads up a couple of GPS apps and disables the screen lock.
    Has anyone encountered any weather-related trouble with mounting the TS in the car? I live in Chicago and we get both ends of the spectrum here - 110* on a bad summer day down to -10* or so on a bad winter day. Any thoughts?

--MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    Has anyone encountered any weather-related trouble with mounting the TS in the car? I live in Chicago and we get both ends of the spectrum here - 110* on a bad summer day down to -10* or so on a bad winter day. Any thoughts?

--MGb
    One day while driving this summer, my Pre and TS started slowly reeling over. Apparently, the adhesive holding the "sticky" ring to the base started melting.
    on hot days the adhesive melts and the touchstone spends many days on the floor, a windshield screen is your best friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    on hot days the adhesive melts and the touchstone spends many days on the floor, a windshield screen is your best friend.
    That's why I added the move-clip system. I never have to leave the mouting stuff out when I'm not in the car. Works great.
    I soldered a 12v socket onto the ACC lines to the car's 12V socket so the Palm charger is hidden behind the dash. Only 1" of USB cable is seen from where it exits the dash and connects to the touchstone. Used a couple of strips of 1/2" 3M double sided tape to secure the touchstone. I's stayed secure even through the hot Florida summer.

I installed a Scosche Bluetooth module for my Toyota factory navigation unit/stereo and it pairs fine and uses AVRCP. Plus the car's buit in GPS can talk over the A2DP audio. Only oddity is the Scosche module lowers the volume on the first1 second of each new track.

Mode Switcher:
    My default profile keeps Bluetooth off to save battery life, but I have a "Full Power" mode trigger to turn it on when it's on the charger. Then, pairing with the car stereo's Bluetooth triggers the "Car" mode which keeps the screen on and launches Music Remixed. It's sweet.

My setup in my 2001 Ford Taurus. I have an aftermarket stereo with AUX input...and a Kyocera bluetooth headphone module with built in noise cancelling microphone. I have the touchstone mounted on a regular vent mount (using velcro) bought at Radio Shack dirt cheap. I mounted the bluetooth module (also with velcro) for easy access. As the bluetooth module uses the same mini USB port as my GPS, I can use the same cable to keep them both charged, switching back and forth as needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yGhOsT View Post
    My setup in my 2001 Ford Taurus. I have an aftermarket stereo with AUX input...and a Kyocera bluetooth headphone module with built in noise cancelling microphone. I have the touchstone mounted on a regular vent mount (using velcro) bought at Radio Shack dirt cheap. I mounted the bluetooth module (also with velcro) for easy access. As the bluetooth module uses the same mini USB port as my GPS, I can use the same cable to keep them both charged, switching back and forth as needed.

Be careful using velcro... I left my touchstone in my car on a regular basis and all the glue on the bottom of it and the velcro I bought melted off... Im just saying velcro in theory is pretty good but in real life in can get pretty hot inside your car and that glue melts pretty easily...

My next project is going to be getting a vent mount of some sort to attach the touchstone to. That would be my suggestion instead of velcro... or maybe even hot glue...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    installed so far on Twitpic

love the cleanliness... no exposed wire
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    One day while driving this summer, my Pre and TS started slowly reeling over. Apparently, the adhesive holding the "sticky" ring to the base started melting.
    3M VHB tape - stuff is amazing. Stupid expensive, but amazing.
    cool. Thanx!
    Im going to try to take my touchstone apart and cut and re glue it so the palm logo is facing the right direction when its mounted upside down. should be possible.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.