Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 883
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #581  
    I have my touchstone mounted on the dash, but for me the magnetic force doesn't seem to be strong enough to hold on to the phone when going over certain potholes or other bumps in the road. Phone just falls down.

    Do i have a bad touchstone? Bad phone back?

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks.
  2. #582  
    Make sure that when you place the phone on the TS its in the position that gives it the best grip. I haven't had any probles with my phone falling and I've had some pretty violent bumps.
  3. #583  
    I mounted mine in my 09 Honda Civic. Nothing very complicated or original. Palm car charger, Touchstone, ProClip Civic mount. Maybe one day I'll look into running the wire into the dash and such but for now this works just fine and isn't too cluttered.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IBM4VT; 05/12/2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added pictures
  4. #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by IBM4VT View Post
    I mounted mine in my 09 Honda Civic. Nothing very complicated or original. Palm car charger, Touchstone, ProClip Civic mount. Maybe one day I'll look into running the wire into the dash and such but for now this works just fine and isn't too cluttered. I'd post pictures but it the attachments screen keeps timing out.
    tinypic.com
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  5. #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by hkauf View Post
    I have my touchstone mounted on the dash, but for me the magnetic force doesn't seem to be strong enough to hold on to the phone when going over certain potholes or other bumps in the road. Phone just falls down.

    Do i have a bad touchstone? Bad phone back?

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks.
    Do you have it mounted vertically? You have to remember the touchstone wasnt even designed to be used in a mobile environment, let alone if the phones own gravity is working somewhat against the magnetic force holding it to the touchstone. I have found that finding a place that you can mount it where it is somewhat horizontal greatly decreases your chances of it falling off.
  6. #586  
    I think I'll develop a solution to the problem of the Pre falling off it's magnetic charger (in the car). I have a degree in industrial design, and this seems like something I can find a solution for. And of course I'll create directions for everyone so they can make it themselves.

    I'll go out tomorrow and look for materials.
  7. gpgyo's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I think I'll develop a solution to the problem of the Pre falling off it's magnetic charger (in the car). I have a degree in industrial design, and this seems like something I can find a solution for. And of course I'll create directions for everyone so they can make it themselves.

    I'll go out tomorrow and look for materials.
    I think someone already has: LINK

    Maybe I'm just lucky, but my phone has never fallen off.
  8. crawfpm's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #588  
    I used my old pro clip for my Treo and some wood and vinyl I had after building a custom console for my mobile and handheld radios (I do a lot of volunteer rescue work). I put a purple circle where the touchstone is under the vinyl. I just slide my Pre down into the black holders and it starts charging. I will be wiring in a power port under the console top (under that pad of paper) so I can plug in the adapter out of sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #589  


    06 CTS. I still haven't been on the road yet.
  10. #590  
    Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    Do you have it mounted vertically? You have to remember the touchstone wasnt even designed to be used in a mobile environment, let alone if the phones own gravity is working somewhat against the magnetic force holding it to the touchstone. I have found that finding a place that you can mount it where it is somewhat horizontal greatly decreases your chances of it falling off.

    I do have it mounted completely vertical....but from looking at all the other pictures in this thread, it appears many people also have it mounted vertically and no one has been complaining about it falling off except me

    That is what is leading me to believe that I may have something wrong with either the phone back or the touchstone...

    I wish some company out there would make some sort of car mount that can keep the Pre securely attached to a touchstone charger.
  11. #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Make sure that when you place the phone on the TS its in the position that gives it the best grip. I haven't had any probles with my phone falling and I've had some pretty violent bumps.
    I have checked the position to make sure it has its best grip...and it still will fall off with any violent bump or major pothole. (there still are a lot of potholes in NJ!!)

    As I posted in my reply to z28marols1, I wish some company out there would make some sort of car mount that can keep the Pre securely attached to a touchstone charger.
  12. #592  
    I must say before i glued my TS to my car, I used 3m tape and then took it for a spin in the parking lot and did some crazy ****. and it only fell off once and i think that was my knee hitting it cause i was out of control almost. HAHA, that **** stays on there really good. There was a post somewhere here that they had a back case that has a perfect circle for the TS to fit it, this might be your solution,
  13. #593  
    FYI...3m makes a lot of different types of adhesive tapes. The ones I get from ProClip have stood the test of time. Can find out what exactly it is. It doesn't say on the backing. But I've hit potholes and taken sharp turns and my TS isn't budging, and I have two pieces of it since I attach it with ProClip's move clip (a male/female type mount).
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  14. #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpgyo View Post
    I think someone already has: LINK

    Maybe I'm just lucky, but my phone has never fallen off.

    The magnets on mine feel pretty solid, but there's always the chance you can hit a bad bump, and it would certainly dislodge it. It WILL happen, it's only a matter of when.

    I'm making something that attaches to the Touchstone so that the Pre won't sort of "slide" off it, even if it's mounted dead-vertical.

    I have most of the materials I need, and I'm finalizing the design in CAD. If all goes well I'll have a mostly complete prototype by Friday. I still have to find a way to actually mount it in my car though. Industrial strength Velcro, Maybe? I would like it to be detachable. I need to peruse the isles of Home Depot and Ace Hardware a bit.
  15. #595  
    Quote Originally Posted by IBM4VT View Post
    I mounted mine in my 09 Honda Civic. Nothing very complicated or original. Palm car charger, Touchstone, ProClip Civic mount. Maybe one day I'll look into running the wire into the dash and such but for now this works just fine and isn't too cluttered.
    I have the same Proclip in my 2007 Civic. It is nice how the Pre is at eye level which makes for safer driving. What did you use to attach the TS to the Proclip?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  16. #596  
    I have installed it, in short just used 3M's sticky tape from radio shack that I posted before.

    But I can not share the image can some tell me how to do that?
  17. #597  
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    But I can not share the image can some tell me how to do that?
    Two ways:

    1. Upload photo to a free photo sharing website, like Photobucket and paste the link into your reply
    2. Click the paperclip in the reply box and upload your photo
  18. #598  
    My first attempt to BMW 528Xi

    I still don't have Palm pre+, I'm with AT&T, will get on this sunday, may16th

    will check and let you guys know the stability of this $3 3M Velcro
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Filjosh; 05/14/2010 at 12:12 PM.
  19. #599  
    I have my Touchstone mounted just in front of the instrument panel. In the picture, the USB cable is running along the seam of the dashboard. Now the USB cable and cassette adapter wires are wrapped counter-clockwise around the steering column, then run along the dashboard seam to their respective endpoints (the cassette player and the lighter socket).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shopharim; 05/14/2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Grammar
  20. #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    I have my Touchstone mounted just in front of the instrument panel. In the picture, the USB cable is running along the seam of the dashboard. Now the USB cable and cassette adapter wires are wrapped counter-clockwise around the steering column, then run along the dashboard seam to their respective endpoints (the cassette player and the lighter socket).
    I just mounted mine there today (I don't care what RPM's I'm running). It attaches very easily without any other complicated mounting solutions. The problem with mine is that it's on an angle. I want my phone nearly vertical, or at least 60 degrees or so.

    The holster I'm designing is getting closer to completion, and I think I've found some glue to keep it all together. I think I may have to use some super strong double-sided tape though, which isn't a problem, but I'll have to change the design a little bit (and best of all: no time wasted waiting for glue to dry!).

Posting Permissions