Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx100 View Post
    This is my recent setup in my 2000 Honda Prelude. I have a friend who works at Myer Emco who did my whole sound setup. I have MBQuarts, Kicker, Boston Acoustics, etc. So he did a custom panel for the touchstone. There was a clock where it sits now. Then he wired it in the back with the Motorola SPN5400a behind the panel which leaves me a spot for another plug-in if need be. He ran the auxiliary line-in wire through the AC vent. I think that it looks pretty damn good. Definitely got a ******** grin on my face when I saw it for the first time. What do you guys think?
    IMHO that's the best setup in this thread... great job...
    Greg, great TS set up and the Tim Hortons coffee looks great, I hit my local Tim's drive thru a few times a week.
    Great java.
    If you want an easy way to mount the touchstone in the car with minimal fuss, you can check out ProClip's Move Kit System.

It's basically a male/female wedge plates that attach to the dash or dash mount and the back of the touchstone. Can be easily done with the included 3m adhesive pads. They are extremely strong and can be removed residue free if you want to attach it directly to the dash. Because of the angled touchstone and the angle of many companies' dash mounts, attaching directly isn't doesn't always give optimal placement, they make wedges that can change the angle while adding minimal distance from the mount, less distance than their basic tilt swivel would. I have it with a tilt swivel now and I don't like the extra distance from the mount it creates. They have 10 and 15 degree versions of them.

All in all, this setup can make for a very clean install. Many dash mounts have an angle where the 10 or 15 degree wedge can create the perfect viewing angle with the usb cable facing downward which tends to be ideal for most people's applications.

Just my two cents from having set a few people up with similar setups. If I end up picking up the wedge, I'll take pics of my setup. I use a panavise mount to the right of my radio since proclip only had low console mounts for my MDX.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    If you want an easy way to mount the touchstone in the car with minimal fuss, you can check out ProClip's Move Kit System.

It's basically a male/female wedge plates that attach to the dash or dash mount and the back of the touchstone. Can be easily done with the included 3m adhesive pads. They are extremely strong and can be removed residue free if you want to attach it directly to the dash. Because of the angled touchstone and the angle of many companies' dash mounts, attaching directly isn't doesn't always give optimal placement, they make wedges that can change the angle while adding minimal distance from the mount, less distance than their basic tilt swivel would. I have it with a tilt swivel now and I don't like the extra distance from the mount it creates. They have 10 and 15 degree versions of them.

All in all, this setup can make for a very clean install. Many dash mounts have an angle where the 10 or 15 degree wedge can create the perfect viewing angle with the usb cable facing downward which tends to be ideal for most people's applications.

Just my two cents from having set a few people up with similar setups. If I end up picking up the wedge, I'll take pics of my setup. I use a panavise mount to the right of my radio since proclip only had low console mounts for my MDX.
    1000% what I did a few mnts ago with my FX earlier in the thread!... I love their products!

(Post #333)

Last edited by mrkalel; 05/09/2010 at 12:47 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Use 3m dual lock super velcro. It wont over heat and loose adhesion.
    3M Dual Lock SJ3870 1" x 1 yds
    or I saw this in radio shack

Superlock™ Strips (2-Pack) - RadioShack.com

Clear Hook-and-Loop Superlock™ Fasteners (4-Pack) - RadioShack.com

Hook-and-Loop Strips (4-Pack) - RadioShack.com
    I see some pretty tough instal on post.. Can I not just use the Palm car charger plug it in to my touchstone and use?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I just installed a Touchstone in my car. Power coming from a Palm Pre auto adapter that said 1A output. Apparently it was not good enough since Pre kept making the noise and giving alerts that it was charging, charging, charging. Switched to a Seidio auto adapter and that issue went away (it also says 1A). At least I do not need an inverter to get it to work now.
    crawfpm.... So you say the Palm adapter does not work, anyone else feels the same way?

btw thanks for the update I was in a Best Buy store with the Palm Car Adaptor in my hand was about to buy it and while waiting in line I was reading the post.
    I check all the car adapter they have and non have the amp rating on it.

other post say that the Sprint adapter works is that correct.

I'm tryin not to use and inverter in my car.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I can only say that I was having problems with my Palm auto adapter but after driving for over an hour with the Seidio adapter, I have not had any issue. Not even when driving over bumps.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i am using the palm car charger with my touchstone and I was not getting the charging alert (hyundai santa fe)
    i also have not mounted my touchstone anywhere, next to the shifter there is a decent amount of real estate I just set the touchstone on, no pronlems so far
    any ideas for dodge neon?
    I am moving my Touchstone down in front of one of my vents so I can cool the Pre and Touchstone during the hot summer days. We all know when the Touchstone gets too hot you get the on/off dance.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Here is a pic of my TS in my 1999 Toyota Corolla.

^^---- Looks great. Is it stuck directly to the dash or are you using a vent mount?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I am going to try and use this vent mount. I will cut the ball and arm off so it is a smooth flat surface.

I'm using some 3M Outdoor Strength Double Sided Mounting tape. It's on there REALLY strong and I don't think I"ll ever have problems unless I need to remove it.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    Do I spy an Instinct spare battery charger? The alleged iphone killer?

LOL, yes that is the spare battery charger for my old instinct...Its still sitting in there yet actually. I need to remove it!
    Has any one tried on BMW 2008 528xi?

I don't want to use the cable out from the front car charger, in short I don't want to mess with my interior's clean look of the car.

any suggestions are welcome, thanks
    simple... Add a fuse to your fusebox. Costs like $10. Then youcan hardwire a 12v socket or a multiple one and hide it behind your dash. From there you can figure out how you want to run your cable back to it. If you want to keep it clean. Check out proclip and find the mounts for your 528 and see if any fit the bill. I'm on my mobile, otherwise I'd look it up and see the options and give you my opinion on what to do. I'm big on clean looking installs.
    Just throwin this out there for other ppl who are interested in doing this, I used the palm car charger with the touchstone and thus far it's working like a charm. :-)
    Last edited by z28marols1; 05/12/2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: realized a confusing typo