Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Nice thanks. I went with the clear low-profile dual lock. We'll see how it works.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    Anybody who lives in the desert with 110+ exterior temperatures: How does your TouchStone withstand being baked in a parked car in direct sun all day?
    I'm in Houston where we enjoy the loving embrace of triple digit heat plus Gulf humidity. My TS is mounted where it can get full sun. So far its not been hotter than low 90s but when I get in my car during the day and put my hand on the TS, I can feel that its quite warm. I recently installed the temperature monitor patch to go along with the 800 MHz patch. If I put the phone on the TS before the TS has had time to cool, I get a 45 temperature warning within a minute or two. The couple of times I've done that I've immediately pulled the phone off the TS and held it in front of the A/C vent to cool. Whether or not the TS can last a full summer remains to be seen. If mine croaks, you'll read it here first.
    Here is my touchstone mounted in my 07 Civic. Tried various areas, but liked this one the best. I know my car is a bit dirty.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by o jrod o View Post
    Here is my touchstone mounted in my 07 Civic. Tried various areas, but liked this one the best. I know my car is a bit dirty.
    I have a Civic, but have not installed the extra TS yet. When the Pre in on the TS is the any interference with the Shift?

I am planning to use a Proclips mount so the Pre will be more at my eye level.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    any ideas for a 2002 nissan maxima?

I've got an '02 maxima. Don't have any pics right now. My touchstone is mounting using velcro tape to the ashtray. It sits right infront of the shifter and it park is kind of hard to get to, but, while driving, I can have my had on the shifter (it's automatic) and play with the phone just by reaching my finger out. Mounted it in a few places and found that to be the most convenient...
    thanks for the 3M velcro idea, tried other adhesives and the summer heat and winter cold extremes in my area make any long term TS attachment impossible. Maybe this will work!
    Those of you who mount your TS in your car, does anyone know if there is a way to keep the phone ON while on the touchstone? I like to listen to music off the phone in my car and its a chore to wake the thing up every time i need to manipulate something on the phone. Is this doable?
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    I thought the palm auto adapter that bestbuy was selling was the old part number that used to be listed for compatibility with the 800w and known not to work with the pre or the touchstone? In fact, when I look it up on best buy's site a reviewer says that it won't work correctly with his pre. This has also been confirmed by others on this site. This is the only reason I am using the sprint car charger for my touchstone.

Do I spy an Instinct spare battery charger? The alleged iphone killer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    Those of you who mount your TS in your car, does anyone know if there is a way to keep the phone ON while on the touchstone? I like to listen to music off the phone in my car and its a chore to wake the thing up every time i need to manipulate something on the phone. Is this doable?
    There's a patch for that...

MORE STANDBY TIMES

Install the patch and then in the SCREEN & LOCK app there will be a selection in BRIGHTNESS > TURN OFF AFTER....NEVER
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucidlore View Post
    I'm using a patch called "No Auto-Off While Charging". Love this one because once you take it off the touchstone, you're back to the screen shutting off and saving your battery. What this one does is adds an on/off switch in the screen & lock menu. Will do exactly what you're looking for...
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    These installs look great. I'm definitely going to fabricate something to do this in my car. Thanks for the inspiration guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I have a Civic, but have not installed the extra TS yet. When the Pre in on the TS is the any interference with the Shift?

I am planning to use a Proclips mount so the Pre will be more at my eye level.
    No issues with shifting for me. It does sit close to the shifter, but I haven't had a problem yet.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    Is there a better/ cheaper way to add bluetooth music / navigation from the pre to my car stereo? Voice calls would be neat but not a priority. I don't have another power plug free, but can't you split them and have one behind the dash that has something plugged in?

Thanks!
    If you're not worried about phone calls and your stereo has a Line In then I'd recommend one of these: Kensington Liquidaux Bluetooth, it's worked great for me and the remote makes you feel like you have a built in system (though I recommend mounting it on the turn signal stalk rather than the steering wheel). You don't need an extra outlet because it has a USB power port that you can plug your touchstone into.
    Last edited by comwom; 05/03/2010 at 09:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    It looks like most people are using the Sprint charger. Is this true? Any problems like was originally talked about near the beginning of the thread about amperage issues?
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    It looks like most people are using the Sprint charger. Is this true? Any problems like was originally talked about near the beginning of the thread about amperage issues?
    I'll take credit for posting concerns about a shortage of amperage with the Sprint charger. I was being very cautious initially.

It's been almost a year and I have not heard of any problems using that for Touchstone power, although the plastic around the micro usb male end of the Sprint car charger cable needs to be shaved down a little so it will fit into the TS.
    Other than that it seems to be a viable power source without known complications.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Anybody has an installation in Mini Cooper R53 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tili67 View Post
    Anybody has an installation in Mini Cooper R53 ?
    My wife drives a MiniCooper, but no Pre...So I don't have any specific recommendations...However, you will want to mount the Touchstone where you can easily see and read text on the screen...Any location will be a compromise, but readability and effective touch screen capability is a must...You want to be able to use the Pre as well as charge it...So your vision/glasses is a factor...Just my .02...Ken
    You just *have* to like the creativity shown in this thread - one of my favorite topics since becoming a member here.

IMHO, the TouchStone is a great part of what convinced me to keep my Verizon Palm Pre Plus despite the warts, (No inherent voice dial, GPS problems with the Verizon version, and a few others that have since been fixed).

There is something about being able to set down at your computer, or in your vehicle, and set your phone down on the TouchStone for either recharge or to maintain its charge - shoot, that is close to the ultimate "convenience" accessory.

All so-called "smartphones" seem to need better batteries that will hold a charge longer - but the TouchStone gives me the perfect solution for what otherwise would be a pain in the ****. Gotta love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by sousy View Post
    So I found a scrap piece of metal today at work and figured I'd make myself a car mount for my touchstone. I forgot to take a picture of the scrap before I cut it so I'll lead off my pictures with the cut piece sitting with the left over metal.

And here the mount is sitting on my tool box like it will on my dash.

Side Shot.

I decided to velcro the touchstone to the mount because of the stories i've heard on here about summer temperatures affecting the unit. This way I can just throw it in the glove box in the summer.

Touchstone on the mount.

I added a small piece of foam to the bottom so just in case the phone does bounce off the mount it won't slam into metal when it falls.

And shots of it in my jeep.

Now all I need is someone to write me a patch to turn no doze on as soon as the phone starts charging.
    Bummer, I was really hoping to see some pics of one mounted in in Jeep Wrangler to get some ideas but it looks like the pictures are gone.
    I used double sided tape first but the heat always made it fall off. So instead what i did was.

I used Velcro and contact cement, ( yes not everyone will want to do this). My car is 2 years old I really don't care about it.

I went to the $1 store and got anything with Velcro and used scissors to cut it so it doesn't stick out from behind the touchstone.

put contact cement on the back of it and stuck it to the car. (wait 15 minutes for it to dry or it wont work good.

Then did the same to the back of the touchstone with the fuzzy side.

and boom. I can not actually take my touchstone with me if I ever have to or if I'm leaving the car for a long time and don't want someone to think there is some good stuff for the taking in the car.

I also have a duel 12v adapter so i will be putting my second touchstone in the same spot but on the other side so my wife can charge hers too on long trips.

will post more pictures when that is done.
    Attached Images Attached Images