Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin2low View Post
    I've mounted mine on my garden tractor

LOL. I have a husqvarna tractor too. Now I have to look and see if mine has a 12 volt outlet :-)

Easily added, if not, I guess.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I recorded the mounting and install of my TS using my Pre.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uy_ahy05IOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uy_ahy05IOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I recorded the mounting and install of my TS using my Pre.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uy_ahy05IOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uy_ahy05IOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Oh come on P|C no youtube?

grumble grumble
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Oh come on P|C no youtube?

grumble grumble
    Inverter isn't required--the Palm charger works fine.

I love the positioning of your Touchstone. Looks great!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    Inverter isn't required--the Palm charger works fine.

I love the positioning of your Touchstone. Looks great!
    I've heard that people even with the Palm charger have received the dreaded ding, even in this thread. Some people say it has to do with their cars.... I am not sure the root cause but I remember killing my TS with my sprint charger (obviously not enough amperage, I understand) and decided to stay away from using anything less than the wall charger. Glad that you had success though.
    Is the Touchstone car charger a standard one or there a special car version?
    Danny Bluestone
    www.cyber-duck.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by mesibot View Post
    Is the Touchstone car charger a standard one or there a special car version?
    Same Touchstone.
    I'm trying to get my touchstone to work in my van but i ant get it to work at all. It works fine in the house no problem using the palm charger. I have many cigarette adapters but cant get any to work. I have been using the original micro usb cable that came with the pre and trying the different adapters but still nothing. Not even my kingston adapter that use to charge my old iphone will work. I'm I missing something or are the adapters I'm using just not powerful enuff?

cheers
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ludzy View Post
    I have many cigarette adapters but cant get any to work. I have been using the original micro usb cable that came with the pre and trying the different adapters but still nothing.
    cheers

Have you read any of this thread? A USB-cigarette lighter adapter wont work.. You need the Palm cigarette lighter adapter that generates 5V @ 1.0A
    yes but my kensington adapter claims to be 1.0A. All the other adapters are cheap ones
    Just mounted a touchstone in my 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4. It's a ProClip dual mount with a Sirius Stiletto2 on the right side.

I mounted the touchstone to the proclip dual mount with the velcro strips that come with an EZPass tag (free!). Works great so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Have you read any of this thread? A USB-cigarette lighter adapter wont work.. You need the Palm cigarette lighter adapter that generates 5V @ 1.0A
    Some USB adapters do indeed work. I use one. I got the name and link of it from somebody else on these forums after he tried it. I can't remember now where I got it from, some cheap Web site, but it is white, is a dual-USB plug, is 5V at 1.0A (you can only charge the Pre alone to get that rating - can't plug a second thing into it and still get 1.0A), and works with the Touchstone in the car just fine (no ding-dongs in use). I posted a photo of it earlier in this thread some months ago.
    doesnt matter now ordered the palm cigarette lighter off ebay

cheers
    Ok, I am getting confused with the many different opinions in this thread. So what do I need to make the touchstone work in my car? Will THIS item make it work? What else do I need? Do I need THIS as well, and if so where does that plug in?
    With 1.4 update I do not get constant dinging. I'm using the palm cigarette charger. Before 1.4 I was using the no charging alert sound patch, so I would not hear the constant dinging. I seen people on forum using a dc/ac inverter to get rid of the dinging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Ok, I am getting confused with the many different opinions in this thread. So what do I need to make the touchstone work in my car? Will THIS item make it work? What else do I need? Do I need THIS as well, and if so where does that plug in?
    I have been using the second one now for 4 months with no problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I have been using the second one now for 4 months with no problems...
    Is that in addition to the car charger? It is hard to see where it plugs in the cigarette lighter..... Or is that all I would need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    Is that in addition to the car charger? It is hard to see where it plugs in the cigarette lighter..... Or is that all I would need?
    That's all you need, it plugs into you cigarette lighter and the USB cable plugs into the charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    That's all you need, it plugs into you cigarette lighter and the USB cable plugs into the charger.
    Oh, ok.....so I do need that cigarette lighter off of eBay as well? Wait....I am misunderstanding this, I bet. It plugs directly into your cigarette lighter! Thanks!!!

It is still early here....(sorry).
    Last edited by Malyshka; 03/06/2010 at 12:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Here's the set-up in my '08 Altima. Pretty standard, with the Touchstone attached to a Pro-Clip mount with Velcro. It works great, and is at a great viewing angle.
    Also using a non-Palm generic charger from Wally World, it fit the Touchstone without trimming, and charges the Pre while using Dr. Podder thru the Motorola T501 on my commute.
    Attached Images Attached Images