Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    @shoolace - Is that Anycom FIPO Bluetooth receiver $10 at sprint stores? I am looking online and it is over 30 most places.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    i think its nationwide, i got two of them here in california

Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    @shoolace - Is that Anycom FIPO Bluetooth receiver $10 at sprint stores? I am looking online and it is over 30 most places.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Nice I'll have to pick one up. Currently using the blackberry one I got at Best Buy for like $60 but was planning on finding one cheaper and returning it. Also for the tape question, I found some people recommending Radio Shack velcro for mounting GPS on another forum, so I gave that a try. It supposedly can be removed later without much of a mess, but it holds good. When I opened the package you could see it was made by 3M, the velcro holds together crazy good and the whole thing seems very securely fastened. I'll post pics later.
    So it was kinda hard to figure out where to place the TS. I'm not sure I like it where it is, but we'll see. If anyone else has had success with this make/model, please reply. I used the standard Palm car charger. Got it from Best Buy. Both pics were taken with one of my other Pres.

Works fine, but it does have some strange behavior from time to time, though. Sometimes, the Pre will go to sleep after 30 seconds while on the TS, showing just the black screen and digital time, other times it will never go to sleep on the TS (no, I'm not running Pandora or anything like that when this happens). Weird, but I'm happy either way.

TS-2.jpg

TS-1.jpg
    Here's my TS mount in my '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The TS is velcroed to a ProClips mount (that way I can remove it at work if I want to). I hardwired the power into the Jeep. Running around like this for 3 days, no problems or issues so far. I DO have the Seidio Innocase cover on the Pre... obviously the magnetic hold was then insufficient with the TS, so I routed out a round area on the back of the Innocase exactly the size of the TS with my Dremel. Not only does it work, I believe it actually clips to the TS stronger than without the cover. I've been driving like a madman, trying to see if I can get it to clip off. Everything else in my car was flying around, but the Pre stayed attached even with the wildest of maneuvers and sudden braking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I have been contemplating getting a Kuda mount. They look really nice. Did you have to do anything special to get the touchstone to stick to it? Did you buy an add-on or just the mount?

I used Scotch double sided permanent tape and it has not budged. Temperature has been in the 90's here all month and the tape is still holding strong.

And the Kuda mounts are just awesome, perfect for this application. The whole reason I never used it before was because I couldn't find a decent holder for my iPod. With the Touchstone, I didn't have to drill any holes into the Kuda, just used tape! (picture attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stase; 08/06/2009 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by s1374537 View Post
    I DO have the Seidio Innocase cover on the Pre... obviously the magnetic hold was then insufficient with the TS, so I routed out a round area on the back of the Innocase exactly the size of the TS with my Dremel. Not only does it work, I believe it actually clips to the TS stronger than without the cover.
    I thought about doing the exact same thing! I wonder why Seidio didn't think of just making them that way. Mine still holds with the Innocase on, but that's only because my TS sits almost horizontally on the Kuda mount. It hasn't fallen off yet.

As a sidenote, the Innocase rules. It makes the whole phone feel way more solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by joesam88 View Post
    Works fine, but it does have some strange behavior from time to time, though. Sometimes, the Pre will go to sleep after 30 seconds while on the TS, showing just the black screen and digital time, other times it will never go to sleep on the TS (no, I'm not running Pandora or anything like that when this happens). Weird, but I'm happy either way.
    Nothing is wrong with the TS or Pre. The Pre will automatically go to sleep when the light sensor detects darkness. I notice this when I go into the parking garage at work. The phone is on all the way to work, but once I hit the darkness of the garage the phone goes to the clock screen.

Probably easy to fix with a hack.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    @dkirker: Actually I did and I wasn't sure if that was due to the Cyberpower adapter or something else. What happens to me is that when the Touchstone is powered by Cyberpower it's hard to use the touch screen but I don't have a rational explanation...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    @tublecane: Yes, any Sprint store and if you buy 2 accessories you get 20% off.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoolace View Post
    @dkirker: Actually I did and I wasn't sure if that was due to the Cyberpower adapter or something else. What happens to me is that when the Touchstone is powered by Cyberpower it's hard to use the touch screen but I don't have a rational explanation...
    Exact same thing happened to me. I returned it.

Instead, I am going to do this: Clean TS car install: DC-DC Converter
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Exact same thing happened to me. I returned it.

Instead, I am going to do this: Clean TS car install: DC-DC Converter
    Great minds think alike. I ordered mine yesterday on eBay. Let's hope this one works better for ~$30 (price + shipping + handling). If this doesn't work then it's on to the Xantrex/Duracell charger....

Shoolace
    Great minds think alike. I ordered mine yesterday on eBay. Let's hope this one works better for ~$30 (price + shipping + handling). If this doesn't work then it's on to the Xantrex/Duracell charger....

Shoolace
    I credit Nurgling for this one.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Here's my setup. I have a MINI Cooper (best car ever) and wanted a clean look. I used:

1. Included ash tray which fits in cup holder (after I broke off the cover of the ash tray)
    2. Circular disk which came with my Tom Tom GPS for dash mounting
    3. Walmart USB car charger
    4. Radio Shack 3.5mm cord from the Pre to the AUX-In jack.

I just glued the circular disk to the ash tray, put the ash tray in the cup holder, and just stuck the Touchstone to the top.

Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Just finished my setup:
    2003 Mitsubishi Galant

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Nice clean installs guys. Enjoy the TS goodness!

Shoolace
    Make no mistake, fellas...it will work. Just take your time hooking it up and work safe....car batteries aren't exactly firendly.

I just wanted to add another note in general to the whole discussion... I had trouble with the existing sticky ring on the TS. On a hot day, in the sun, it tends to separate from the TS. Anyone else have this issue? Well, I did. I ended up yanking it and lining the whole bottom of the TS with new heavy duty double sided from the auto part store which has showed zero problems with softening of the sticky stuff when sitting in the sun.
    Yep, I've used some double sided foam tape from Home Depot to mount mine to a home fabricated bracket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    On a hot day, in the sun, it tends to separate from the TS. Anyone else have this issue? Well, I did. I ended up yanking it and lining the whole bottom of the TS with new heavy duty double sided from the auto part store which has showed zero problems with softening of the sticky stuff when sitting in the sun.
    When trying another position for the touchstone, I also used the heavy duty 3M double-sided tape (gray, with the red plastic backing). When I tried to pull the touchstone from that location, the touchstone bottom stayed with the 3M tape :lol:
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post
    go figure kinda like my issue with mytether... i disconnected everything reconnected it all again and it has less problems... right now it only does the charging beep maybe once every 30minutes or so.. but we'll see what happens once i wire in a new VDC Outlet. i'll keep you guys updated!

It's not a fancy car.. but its the closest thing you can get to a race car for under 50k... its actually a no fluff car. its got just essential stuff.. radio, AC.. Great car though

2003 Honda S2000
    hmmm I think my c6 corvette would have to disagree