Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    just installed my bodyguardz screen protector but i was wondering if you really have to wait the 12 hours it says to wait before you turn on your phone?
    I waited about 6 before I turned mine on. No issues.
    I waited about 2 hours...... it was ugly for about 24-48, still noticeable bumps for about 3-5 days..... after about 5 days it was a thing a beauty..... I love it
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i appreciate your feedback. thank you! but also wanted to know...will the phone mess up if it is turned on too quickly? is there a reason in particular that they say to wait 12 hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by amart1385 View Post
    is there a reason in particular that they say to wait 12 hours?
    It's most likely a CYA thing, so that there's no chance any moisture from the application could damage the phone. When you sell $15 film covers, you can't afford to replace many $500 phones due to water damage.
    I use a Rocketfish plastic frame thing, so I cut out only what I needed to cover the screen from my Bodyguardz set. Without any corners, it was a piece of cake and I waited only about 5 hours for drying.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amart1385 View Post
    i appreciate your feedback. thank you! but also wanted to know...will the phone mess up if it is turned on too quickly? is there a reason in particular that they say to wait 12 hours?
    I'd agree with disc's response above. It is time to let any solution that's under the plastic to make it's way out (I helped it with a small squeegee and a clean lint-free cloth) and to let the film fully dry and adhere to the surface. Also time to let solution dry so it does not enter the earpiece or microphone when there is active current coming from the battery.

I waited about 5 hours, then powered up no problem.
    I had my Pre powered up when I was installing mine. No issues. It looks great. However, I do NOT recommend you do the way I did. Wait overnight.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I had my Pre powered up when I was installing mine. No issues. It looks great. However, I do NOT recommend you do the way I did. Wait overnight.
    You are a very brave man.
    I used my phone 30 minutes after installing it.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any pictures of their phone with the Bodyguardz installed? Also how smooth is the screen protector? My brother bought a set of Zagg for his Storm and it wasn't smooth. I am purchasing a Pre next week and want to buy the wrong sp. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rsl5150 View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures of their phone with the Bodyguardz installed? Also how smooth is the screen protector? My brother bought a set of Zagg for his Storm and it wasn't smooth. I am purchasing a Pre next week and want to buy the wrong sp. Thanks
    Here are some pics for you. I would say that it is pretty smooth and has a little bit of a tacky feel to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Wow...thanks for the pics! How much are they selling for?

Sorry...I just found it. They are $14.95 for screen only.
    Last edited by rsl5150; 07/12/2009 at 07:58 PM.